Not So Pretty Landscaping

When I was in Disney Aug 9 - 15, 2003 I noticed the landscaping wasn't looking to good. When on the monorail I would see dug up tire tracks through the grass, tree debris on the beaches. What was going on?? I'm going down in Nov and I'm curious to see how it looks. I've been to Disney 21 times and have never seen such yukky sites! :veryconfu

BRER STITCH

There was probably a storm before you got there.

Coupled with general cutbacks in personnel, it may have taken a bit longer to clean the stuff up.

I was just down there and it is looking as good as ever!

:sohappy:

SpongeScott

Another thing--they have had a lot of rain down there and tire tracks on saturated ground is something that can't be avoided. I saw some of that too and passed it off as soggy ground. Not a biggie to me.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Oh yeah, definatly from the rain and storms.

No one, and I mean no one likes to be out in Florida during a storm, double for us locals cause we know what happens. Could be clear at water, and bam! your hit by lightning. So normally we wait a little bit for everything to be like "officially" cleared out before we start anything.

As far as the tracks go, the trucks are the heavy duty types so they will be noticed in the grass even after they've passed through. Take the monorail, and look at the paths they have for the trucks throughout the wooded areas.

During our main rain season, its nearly impossible to set foot, or tire on the grass and not leave some sort of mark.

If you want to talk about landscaping problems, you shouldve seen the area for the seating at the main courtyard for WS at EPCOT, there wasnt a living flower in that entire group....and this was with all that infernal rain we've had.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom