1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Not Impressed with Pandora

Discussion in 'WDW Parks General Discussion' started by Lou Filerman, Aug 31, 2017.

1. WildernessLodge

WildernessLodge Well-Known Member

I think it's a great section but I do think it was hyped up to be a little better than it was. I kept hearing things like it's the future of theme parks and FOP is the best ride Imagineering has ever done. The Imagineers also said something about the floating mountains looking like something you've never seen before. It was cool but it looked like the photos - just a pretty structure lol.

For me, the river ride was ok. It was pretty but nothing special. I liked the screen visuals but I was expecting a lot more. FOP was really really cool imo but it's not like I couldn't believe what I was experiencing, it just seemed like the next logical step in Imagineering. I really enjoyed the Canteen and the snack stand. The food was cool and interesting and the slushy drinks were fun and unique. At night, I thought it was really pretty but I agree that it was a little underwhelming. I thought the lights would be more interactive but again, it was pretty.

All in all, I think it's great but I don't think it's a "OMG I can't believe what I'm seeing/doing" deal like it was hyped up to be.

NeedMoreMickey likes this.
  2. GoofyCathy

GoofyCathy Member

I haven't seen it yet...will be going in October...but I felt the same way about that dumb Little Mermaid ride at MK. It is so lame! All those fake plants and dumb characters. Is this what we are to expect from Disney now? C'mon innovators! You can do better than this!

3. Gary McCormick

Gary McCormick New Member

I have to agree.
    Although I did enjoy Rite of Passage (or whatever it is called) I still won't bother going for a second ride unless the wait was 15 minutes! The crowds and queues just aren't really worth it.
    The landscape is beautiful, and the river ride was lame IMO.

4. Sunset7132

Sunset7132 Active Member

I heard it was dissapointing from my Disney loving friend , I'll find out in dec

5. Sunset7132

Sunset7132 Active Member

Can't wait to ride this in dec

Chef Mickey likes this.
  6. 4dreamersonlu

4dreamersonlu New Member

We had fast passes for this, but irma got in the way, now we have to wait in "normal" line... I hope it's not as boring as it sounds.

7. Chef Mickey

Chef Mickey Well-Known Member

Don't let any of the negative propaganda cloud your enjoyment. Have a great ride and I'm sure you'll be impressed.