Not happy with the plan, would you go anyway?

daisyduckie

Would you go along on an extended family trip to WDW if you were not thrilled with the arrangements? Say, there is someone who wants to be in charge of the planning (as they apparently have felt left out in the past) and the first thing that comes up is they want to have 5 (with a possibility of it being 6) adults and 1 teenager stay in an off site 2 bedroom unit? And that would mean that you have to share a room (not a huge issue in the past) and you have pretty horrible insomnia? Plus the person doing the planning wants everyone to stick together all of the time?

Not sure what I should do here. I would love to go to WDW with these people, and if it is only 5 adults would not have a problem, as I could take the fold out in the living room area. But if it is 6 adults, which is more likely, I will have to share a room. And have no place to go when the inevitable happens and I wake up in the middle of the night.:grumpy: The trip planner hates having people in separate rooms, hence the wanting to book a 2 bedroom suite.

Do I suck it up? Hope the 1 adult ends up not going? Book my own room, which seems stupid as one room at this hotel would be more than a value room on Disney property. Book a value room and say we can get together in the parks, but then miss out on all the other fun things that happen as a group? Just not go?

daisyduckie

Original Poster
I have an update: I booked a 4 night trip for May, along with my nephew, for CSR. Trip Planner still can't make up her mind about the dates she wants everyone to go, much less anything else. I had a pin code in my e-mail just calling me. My nephew is in his 20s, and game to go whenever he can. So we have our resort booked, and as of today, all of our ADRs. At least now I know I have a trip in my future, one that will be lots of fun!:happy:

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

I have an update: I booked a 4 night trip for May, along with my nephew, for CSR. Trip Planner still can't make up her mind about the dates she wants everyone to go, much less anything else. I had a pin code in my e-mail just calling me. My nephew is in his 20s, and game to go whenever he can. So we have our resort booked, and as of today, all of our ADRs. At least now I know I have a trip in my future, one that will be lots of fun!:happy:
Congrats!!!! Life is too short to wait for a trip your not excited about.

Upvote 0

daisyduckie

Original Poster
Another update: Trip planner has decided to go to WDW too. Sort of. They want to go over some of the same dates I have planned, but are still trying to lock down dates, because of a sports conflict. So now I am once again in a holding pattern, unsure when I am going, or if I am going to stay with Trip Planner and the rest of the family all of the time, or just overlap part of the time.

What is really bothering me is they want to stay off site to save money, so they say. However when I run the numbers off site will in fact save very little. :banghead::banghead::banghead: They are coming over for dinner Saturday, so hopefully we can sit down and talk about it, and figure it out for sure. Instead of the messaging back and forth we have been doing.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Daisy, I feel your pain!!!! My advice? Lock down the room for yourself and your nephew. Given the time frame, I didn't recall cancellation being an issue. Have them over for dinner and discuss the whole plan. If they cant commit to dates as of right now, just let them know that you will be proceeding with your own plan and if they can join in later, great!!!! If not, you can look at planning a time where the schedules are good for both of you to go, but you are still proceeding with this trip. I have found in the past that if you wait on others to figure out their plans, you wont be going anywhere. It is kinda sad, but if you really want to go, this may be what you have to do. Marie

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Another update: Trip planner has decided to go to WDW too. Sort of. They want to go over some of the same dates I have planned, but are still trying to lock down dates, because of a sports conflict. So now I am once again in a holding pattern, unsure when I am going, or if I am going to stay with Trip Planner and the rest of the family all of the time, or just overlap part of the time.
You already booked your piece, right? Too bad, so sad for Trip Planner. You don't need to be in a holding pattern. You're going in May and this person can join you or not.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom