Not happy with the plan, would you go anyway?

daisyduckie

Would you go along on an extended family trip to WDW if you were not thrilled with the arrangements? Say, there is someone who wants to be in charge of the planning (as they apparently have felt left out in the past) and the first thing that comes up is they want to have 5 (with a possibility of it being 6) adults and 1 teenager stay in an off site 2 bedroom unit? And that would mean that you have to share a room (not a huge issue in the past) and you have pretty horrible insomnia? Plus the person doing the planning wants everyone to stick together all of the time?

Not sure what I should do here. I would love to go to WDW with these people, and if it is only 5 adults would not have a problem, as I could take the fold out in the living room area. But if it is 6 adults, which is more likely, I will have to share a room. And have no place to go when the inevitable happens and I wake up in the middle of the night.:grumpy: The trip planner hates having people in separate rooms, hence the wanting to book a 2 bedroom suite.

Do I suck it up? Hope the 1 adult ends up not going? Book my own room, which seems stupid as one room at this hotel would be more than a value room on Disney property. Book a value room and say we can get together in the parks, but then miss out on all the other fun things that happen as a group? Just not go?

daisyduckie

Original Poster
I'm almost afraid to offer any input, as this seems to set the planner off. To start with, it seems kind of silly to stay off site, as by the time we rent a van, the cost is almost as much as a family suite at the music resort would be, what with Disney offering a room discount now.

Not sure what to do.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I'm almost afraid to offer any input, as this seems to set the planner off. To start with, it seems kind of silly to stay off site, as by the time we rent a van, the cost is almost as much as a family suite at the music resort would be, what with Disney offering a room discount now.

Not sure what to do.
You need to speak up now if it's really going to bother you that much. Venting here might make you feel better, but frankly, this is an issue that only you can address. Good luck!

Upvote 0

mousehockey37

Not sure what to do.

I agree with Captain Hook above. If you're having to pay for part of this, then you get a say. If this particular planner doesn't want to budge or is over the top on it and doesn't want to listen to anyone else, even if everyone is chipping in on the cost, then I'd avoid it altogether. That, or make my own arrangements to stay on-site and you can "meet up with them" wherever the day starts.

Upvote 0

Chernaboggles

If you're an adult and spending your own money, you get to decide where you sleep and whether or not you share a room, period.

I personally think that 6 or 7 people in a two-bedroom unit is way too many for comfort, especially when everyone may be hot or tired and want some space after a long day at the parks. If you can't talk the planner into getting a place with more bedrooms, just tell them you'll see to your own sleeping arrangements and quietly book your own room on site. They may be grouchy about it, but it probably won't matter in the long run.

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Premium Member
And all the others agree with these arrangements? Is this a first time trip for most of your party? What about dining arrangements? Is your "planner" making all decisions on which attractions your group will see, ride, etc?
Who will make your fast pass reservations and who decides the FP attractions? In what part of planning this trip are each of you involved? What if some of you want to do some things that others do not? Are you all in agreement as to your dining arrangements?

Your $$$ should at least pay for a good nights sleep, even if you are in a room by yourself.

Sometimes it is best to just stay home. This is an expensive trip just to be miserable. What are the planned dates for this extended family trip and have you already committed to go?

Upvote 0

mousehockey37

And all the others agree with these arrangements? Is this a first time trip for most of your party? What about dining arrangements? Is your "planner" making all decisions on which attractions your group will see, ride, etc?
Who will make your fast pass reservations and who decides the FP attractions? In what part of planning this trip are each of you involved? What if some of you want to do some things that others do not? Are you all in agreement as to your dining arrangements?

Your $$$ should at least pay for a good nights sleep, even if you are in a room by yourself.

Sometimes it is best to just stay home. This is an expensive trip just to be miserable. What are the planned dates for this extended family trip and have you already committed to go?

Agreed. A trip to WDW isn't cheap (and even when it is, it still isn't, lol). To have someone basically micromanage your trip, and say that everyone will have to stay together, is just asking for problems from the start. Let alone that it's going to be off-site with more people than you're comfortable with.

When I go on vacation, I'll compromise, but I still will have the amenities (my own bed, my own free time away from the family, etc) that I want/need. That's why it's a vacation! lol

Upvote 0

mousehockey37

Book yourself a separate room at the same place--assuming you like any of these people. Tell them you have health concerns and need your own space. They shouldn't ask or care at that point as it is private and not their business.

The OP states it's a family vacation. I'd hope the OP would like some of their family, lol. ;)

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

If the arrangements as planned arent going allow you to be happy, speak up, book a value room and join in on as many of the other fun things that you can. But going on a trip that you expect to be miserable isnt worth taking.

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

Lol the whole tone of this thread seems off. The idea of a disgruntled family member creating their own tour group because of perceived past offenses seems like a train wreck waiting to happen and with your insomnia I'd put the tour group leader in a respectful time out and tell them your sleeping where you choose even if it's different venue as meet them each morning . I work far too hard for my money to give it away to poor planning regardless of the vacation destination

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Book yourself a separate room at the same place--assuming you like any of these people. Tell them you have health concerns and need your own space. They shouldn't ask or care at that point as it is private and not their business.
This!!!!!! If you aren't going to be comfortable ( I probably wouldn't be either!!) Book your own room either at the same resort or onsite whichever is better for you. Marie

Upvote 0

daisyduckie

Original Poster
I think you all are right--I need my own room. What irritates me is that this off site room will cost more than either the values or moderates, given the discount Disney has released. Now I have to decide if I want to pay more so that I can be off site and hang with the family, or pay less and be on site and have all of those perks.:confused:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom