Not a Clue

graphite1326

Original Poster
Im curious how you have "no clue about Universal" but claim to know that Hershey has a ride "almost exactly like" it?
well EXCUUUUUSE ME. Went to Hershey site. Apparently I made a mistake. I remember the ride but I guess I don't remember where it was. Not really a fast or frightening coaster but inside and was in 3D.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my money. I checked out videos of the HP ride and it looked real similar to what I had been on.

But MAN some of you are just mean. Get a life.

Tony Perkis

well EXCUUUUUSE ME. Went to Hershey site. Apparently I made a mistake. I remember the ride but I guess I don't remember where it was. Not really a fast or frightening coaster but inside and was in 3D.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my money. I checked out videos of the HP ride and it looked real similar to what I had been on.

No. You are incorrect. Nothing at Hersheypark has comparable tech to the Potter attractions and Spiderman.

graphite1326

Original Poster
No. You are incorrect. Nothing at Hersheypark has comparable tech to the Potter attractions and Spiderman.
That's what I said. It must have been a different park. I made a mistake. May have been Busch in Williamsburg. I went to both around the same time.

lazyboy97o

That's what I said. It must have been a different park. I made a mistake. May have been Busch in Williamsburg. I went to both around the same time.
Curse of DarKastle is the same ride system but not on the same level as The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man or Transformers: The Ride 3-D. Still not close to either of the major Harry Potter ride systems.

graphite1326

Original Poster
Curse of DarKastle is the same ride system but not on the same level as The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man or Transformers: The Ride 3-D. Still not close to either of the major Harry Potter ride systems.
Thank you. I looked it up and you are correct. Thanks for the info. I was not impressed with Curse of Darkastle.

Disneyhead'71

@graphite1326, I apologize for the aggressive responses of my fellow Universal fans. But we are ultra sensitive about comparisons to regional amusement parks. UOR is on par with Disney in many ways and even exceeds WDW is new state of the art attractions and resort accommodations. UOR is a vastly superior product than Hersheypark. The fact that they do have 3 large coasters has led to A LOT of Disney fans to openly insult UOR with pointed comparisons to Six Flags. As a matter of fact, Animal Kingdom is more Six Flags-like than UOR.
20061119-primeval_whirl.jpg

BrianV

My appologies if I came off as mean. I assure you I didn't mean it. I was trying to reconcile that you'd never been there (and were seemingly asking for advice) with the fact that you knew they had a ride exactly like one you'd been in elsewhere.

graphite1326

Original Poster
My appologies if I came off as mean. I assure you I didn't mean it. I was trying to reconcile that you'd never been there (and were seemingly asking for advice) with the fact that you knew they had a ride exactly like one you'd been in elsewhere.
I am sorry also. I was getting very frustrated. The Gringott's video seemed so similar to the ride I had been on (Curse of Darkastle). I guess it's hard to tell from a video just what a ride is like. Especially if it's a dark ride. I was not impressed with the Curse ride.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I am sorry also. I was getting very frustrated. The Gringott's video seemed so similar to the ride I had been on (Curse of Darkastle). I guess it's hard to tell from a video just what a ride is like. Especially if it's a dark ride. I was not impressed with the Curse ride.
No, DarKastle is more like a vastly inferior form of Spider-Man or a slightly inferior form of Transformers.

lazyboy97o

Such is the problem with trying to micromanage a theme park visit instead of just going and exploring as they were intended to be experienced.

Disneyhead'71

Sorry if I or others came off as rude, but there was a ton of helpful information and when you say things like this:

And get responses like this:

But yet still keep arguing about it and making comments about Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade being shopping areas when you've surely seen enough videos to know it's more than that. So it comes off a bit close-minded. Sorry if I read that wrong.

@Disneyhead'71 - while I appreciate your love for all things Universal- that is a ridiculous statement. You can say Dinorama is more six-flags-like than UOR, but don't say Animal Kingdom- which is the most thematically consistent and attractive theme park in the country IMO.
DAK has 2 side by side portable Mack spinning mad mouse coasters. They actually have the identical coaster at The West Virginia State Fair.

kentucky-state-fair-carnival-2013.jpg

englanddg

One Little Spark...
DAK has 2 side by side portable Mack spinning mad mouse coasters. They actually have the identical coaster at The West Virginia State Fair.

kentucky-state-fair-carnival-2013.jpg
But remember, that's all Chester and Hester could afford!

Let me ask you, does the State Fair have an amazing in-universe back story as to WHY the coaster exists? See, THAT'S Disney Magic right there. Only Disney can take a boilerplate coaster and appropriately create "theme" and "immersive environme...oh, who am I kidding...

<sigh>

BrianV

DHS yes. I cannot deny DHS. Just wait like 4-8 years for Star wars land then we can readdress DHS. Epcot has something unique, Pavilions, Lands. I agree that DHS and Epcot are fading. Give it 10 years.

For rides, Epcot is not up to snuff. But the countries are so amazingly done and are still where Epcot shines. Not to mention that with all those themed restaurants, you can usually eat somewhere without a 6 month reservation.

I texted a picture of my family in Epcot Italy to a friend and they wrote back, honestly, that they didn't know we'd gone back to Italy so soon (we had been in real Italy a year before.). Not a comment you'd ever get from six flags type parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom