Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhg469

I think the "NEW" Norway area could get all three of your FP+ reservations:

1.) FP+ Stroller Parking Reservations.
2.) FP+ Meet and Greet.
3.) FP+ "Frozen the Ride with Olaf".

This will be a boon for the "usefulness" of FP+ in EPCOT.

*1023*
I can't even laugh about it anymore. Quite possibly the most important piece of free real estate in epcot that I have been hoping for years would be another small country or something worthwhile and nada.

RSoxNo1

This showed up on the refurbishment schedule today, so this is as of now, Disney's official line.

Re-Imagination of Maelstrom Oct. 15, 2014 - Apr. 30, 2016
Thanks for sharing. Hopefully the longer than expected time frame means quality and capacity.

Sped2424

BN-IU134_DISNEY_M_20150605175549.jpg

New concept art for the new Frozen Ride coming to Epcot. It's titled Frozen Ever After.
Lets get things out of the way

1. We all hate this decision it's lazy it sucks no one likes this we all acknowledge that we don't need 42 comments saying the same things again let's keep the discussion rather sane.
  2. Frozen is not a bad film because of what's happening however it's rather shedding light on the bad practices continued by the company so please be respectful to those of us who still like the movie.
  3. The article where this came from which can be found here (you have to click the first link as the article is behind a paywall, this link gets you through that.) The article does nothing but display iger's skeeziness and his insistence on franchises and branding. It's a rough read. Anyways with that out of the way please discuss to your hearts content.

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

New concept art for the new Frozen Ride coming to Epcot. It's titled Frozen Ever After.

1. We all hate this decision it's lazy it sucks no one likes this we all acknowledge that we don't need 42 comments saying the same things again let's keep the discussion rather sane.
  2. Frozen is not a bad film because of what's happening however it's rather shedding light on the bad practices continued by the company so please be respectful to those of us who still like the movie.
  3. The article where this came from which can be found here (you have to click the first link as the article is behind a paywall, this link gets you through that.) The article does nothing but display iger's skeeziness and his insistence on franchises and branding. It's a rough read. Anyways with that out of the way please discuss to your hearts content.

The entire article is here. Rather business-centric, aimed at a business audience.

Clearly the concept art refers to where you begin to go backwards.

Mike S

Looks like Maelstrom's boats will survive. Very bittersweet as I've said in the Spirit thread. Also I fully expect Elsa's ice powers to look nothing like the art. This is what I'm expecting.
image.jpg
image.jpg

PhotoDave219

Looks like Maelstrom's boats will survive. Very bittersweet as I've said in the Spirit thread. Also I fully expect Elsa's ice powers to look nothing like the art. This is what I'm expecting.
View attachment 96148 View attachment 96149

The effect is already in a swirl! Pump in 'Let it Go' and its fangirl Nirvana.

(Pump in 'smells like teen spirit' and its actual nirvana)

PhotoDave219

This showed up on the refurbishment schedule today, so this is as of now, Disney's official line.

Re-Imagination of Maelstrom Oct. 15, 2014 - Apr. 30, 2016

Well aint that some Spit.

Anyone know the timetable on the meet and greet?

Edit: Now that I think about it.... That would likely coincide with the end of F&G. Wouldn't want those two overlapping.

Last edited:

Mike C

Will they open up Mexico and Norway early when this opens? This is going to be an epic guest relations problem.

Mike C

I'm sure they will at least open Norway with the park at 9AM.

True. I had fairly low expectations for this ride, and the WSJ article doesn't help. I think the best we may get out of it is a nice Elsa animatronic (with a lot of background projections). Olaf, Scen and the rock trolls I can't see being super high quality. Personally this whole overlay of Maelstrom feels like a multi-facited failure of conceptual integrity on multiple levels -- not fitting Norway or World Showcase is the least of its problems. -- Why so cheap on such a huge property?

And that's coming from someone who typically isn't negative.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom