Non-Disney related question about flowers

Ariel

Original Poster
I have a question for all of the gardners out there. I consider myself pretty knowledgable about flower gardening (actually, I consider myself knowledgable about everything, but we'll skip that). However, sometimes certain pots don't do as well as others. Does anyone have advice on which flowers grow best in pots and what the best frequency for watering is? I hate to see flowers whither away and die just because I'm doing something silly. Any advice would be welcome!! Thanks :)

Debbie

Hi birthday girl! This is what I can tell you 'bout pots. See if your bookstore has a gardening book for your state(or area). I just recently purchased one for my state (La.) and in it is plants recommended for my climate. It gets so hot down here and these plants tend to take the heat, drought, and rain. We can have weather from one extreme to another. Pineapple guava is something I never heard of til I read this book. I have noticed that in your area there are alot of beautiful flowers that I wouldn't dare try down here. When I visited R.I. we drove to the Cape and I thought the area was beautiful (only the food was bland). Try your Home Depot or Lowes and I'm sure someone in your garden center will be knowledgable.

The Mom

Premium Member
Check and see if you can grow impatiens up there. I have the world's blackest thumb, but I can grow them. They're pretty little flowers, do great in pots & in flowerbeds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom