No vacancy

Mammymouse

We are flying back home to Florida and thought it would be nice to take in the Christmas decorations and spend the night at Disneyworld, seeing we are flying into Orlando Saturday, December 13th. My daughter and granddaughter will pick us up at the airport and join us so I looked online to see what was available at any of the DVC resorts (we are members) for the 4 of us. Much to my disappointment there are no studios or one bedroom units at any of the hotels! I do this every year and actually I am booking even earlier than usual, so I was shocked. It can't only be that Beach Club is closing and having a refurb can it?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Agree with Ariel. I joined DVC in May and immediately attempted to book a 1 bedroom villa in any resort, not just my home, for Thanksgiving. I've got 2 selections on the wait list and I get the feeling that a week before Thanksgiving my waitlist will be deactivated due to no availability. I even tried a 2 or 3 bedroom, but no luck. Unless the only night we want to stay is the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

None of the other DVC resorts are going through refurbishment, as far as I know.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We are flying back home to Florida and thought it would be nice to take in the Christmas decorations and spend the night at Disneyworld, seeing we are flying into Orlando Saturday, December 13th. My daughter and granddaughter will pick us up at the airport and join us so I looked online to see what was available at any of the DVC resorts (we are members) for the 4 of us. Much to my disappointment there are no studios or one bedroom units at any of the hotels! I do this every year and actually I am booking even earlier than usual, so I was shocked. It can't only be that Beach Club is closing and having a refurb can it?
Beach Club is not closed, only parts closed are the parts they are working on at any given time. So that should not have an affect on anything.
I agree with other posters waiting until Oct to book at a extremely popular DVC time to vacation is very risky and you were probably lucky in past years. We are members and love early to mid December and always book at the 11th month mark or no later than 6 months prior for our December trips. It books really fast every year. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom