Trip Report No Sounds Like Summer? We'll JOURNEY Anyway! *COMPLETED*

It was this week last summer that @TrolleyFollower91 and I had an epic girls trip to WDW.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...e-july-journey-completed.917246/#post-7369605

On our first day we rocked to the music of DSB ~ the ultimate Journey tribute band ~ at the America Gardens Theater in Epcot. It was an event we'll always remember. DSB was the final band in the annual "Sounds Like Summer" concert series. The lead singer said the band was looking forward to returning next summer.

IMG_1332.JPG

And here we are.....it's "next summer."

But there has been no "Sounds Like Summer" concert series in 2017. :(
No DSB. :arghh:

Don't. Stop. Believin'.

Em and I refuse to go our Separate Ways. We have too much fun together. We have one last chance to do WDW together before school starts and by golly we're gonna do it....even without DSB.

Want to tag along?

Attempting a full-fledged LIVE trip report is daunting and difficult, so I decided to follow @TheMouseFan's lead and be LIVE-ish. Real time pics and updates to be expanded on after my return home.

Oh, and I will finish my currently-in-progress trip report. :D

Who's ready for Summer #2?
IMG_3160.JPG

We are!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We may have passed on Illuminations, but fireworks were definitely on our agenda. We thought about watching Happily Ever After from the Poly beach but we had enough time to get to the MK. When the show was over, we could just hop on the WL bus and be back in our room in no time.

Hmmm, how should we get to MK?

It was a lovely evening for a boat ride.

Boat it is!
IMG_9157.JPG

IMG_9158.JPG

We didn't bother entering the park. All the benches are outside the gate anyway. We plopped ourselves down and less than five minutes later this happened:

IMG_9164.JPG

The tree didn't bother us. Most of the shells went higher than the tree. We were comfortably seated and could clearly hear the music. And when it ended, we were the first ones on the bus.

It was a perfect end to our first day.

krisri18

How could I possibly have forgotten this gem of a ride photo?

View attachment 233164

Because, let's face it, FEA is a terrifying attraction. :rolleyes:
Obviously it is, lol. The petrified Rapunzel girl in the front row of this photo is my niece, she thought it was completely frightening!

Attachments

• wdw2017228795023536_8084555174_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg
    wdw2017228795023536_8084555174_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 105

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I know my updates have been slow in coming but life in the Tuvalu family has been crazy busy these past several weeks. Now that the wonderful event is over I thought I'd share a few pics.....

IMG_9981.JPG

Drumr's wedding day!
IMG_9990.JPG

IMG_9999.JPG

IMG_0153.PNG

IMG_2996.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG

And in other exciting family news, Tuvalette is going to be a big sister.

Tuvaleen is due in the spring. :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom