Trip Report No Sounds Like Summer? We'll JOURNEY Anyway! *COMPLETED*

It was this week last summer that @TrolleyFollower91 and I had an epic girls trip to WDW.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...e-july-journey-completed.917246/#post-7369605

On our first day we rocked to the music of DSB ~ the ultimate Journey tribute band ~ at the America Gardens Theater in Epcot. It was an event we'll always remember. DSB was the final band in the annual "Sounds Like Summer" concert series. The lead singer said the band was looking forward to returning next summer.

IMG_1332.JPG

And here we are.....it's "next summer."

But there has been no "Sounds Like Summer" concert series in 2017. :(
No DSB. :arghh:

Don't. Stop. Believin'.

Em and I refuse to go our Separate Ways. We have too much fun together. We have one last chance to do WDW together before school starts and by golly we're gonna do it....even without DSB.

Want to tag along?

Attempting a full-fledged LIVE trip report is daunting and difficult, so I decided to follow @TheMouseFan's lead and be LIVE-ish. Real time pics and updates to be expanded on after my return home.

Oh, and I will finish my currently-in-progress trip report. :D

Who's ready for Summer #2?
IMG_3160.JPG

We are!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
When Sergio packed up so did we. What is it about the toy train landscape in Germany that causes us to stop and look each time we pass by?

IMG_4779.JPG

Oh yeah ~ it's just COOL!!!! (Thx, Ellen!)

IMG_9142.JPG

Watch out for the Dino!
(Okay, lizard, but you get the gist!)

I think the only time the bell ringers appear is when someone is playing Agent P's World Showcase Adventure.
IMG_9143.JPG

Time for a poll.
Who needs this Tervis tumbler the most?
@wdisney9000
@lostpro9het
@BuddyThomas
Cast your vote now!
IMG_9144.JPG

lostpro9het

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I must respectfully remove myself from contention. While i do drink beer, and plenty of it, the only thing Id put in a tervis is my castaway cocktail...i would have hoped 5 disney cruise TRs would have gotten this point across...
Which is precisely why I thought of you.
Beer lover + castaway cocktail lover MASH-UP!!
Confuse your friends!! :joyfull:

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Interesting thought, but for whatever reason I doubt it. Not everyone wears the shackles (I buy my park card at my local AAA office prior to my yearly trip, and it's a plastic card, not the shackle--which I'd refuse to wear anyway, no matter what). My "take" on this guy is that his wife was having a great ol' time shopping in the gift shop there, and he needed to escape outdoors! :p

I've been there many times. Usually holding a bag or two. :grumpy:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Welcome to Mexico! Always a fun experience to browse in the open air market while enjoying the nighttime atmosphere. We didn't buy anything this time. We have yet to go inside La Cava ~ you'd think the margarita lover would attempt to persuade her mama to give it a try. o_O

Instead we took our usual cruise.

IMG_9146.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
It was a beautiful evening. The cloud cover during the day had kept the temperature down and there was a summer breeze blowing....no WHINE for us, @bee. It would have been enjoyable to stroll around the WS Lagoon for a second time but we opted to turn towards Future World instead.

We had one last FP to use. And Em wanted to continue practicing her photog skills.

IMG_4791.JPG

IMG_4792.JPG

Snapping garlic bulb hat man was a priority for her. She should have trademarked this moniker as it has popped up in a few places since her initial TR comment a while back. :cautious:

IMG_4793.JPG

IMG_4794.JPG

IMG_4795.JPG

What happened to Em's hat? What Wishes-hater tried to cover the logo?! :eek:
IMG_4797.JPG

Tony the Tigger

Welcome to Mexico! Always a fun experience to browse in the open air market while enjoying the nighttime atmosphere. We didn't buy anything this time. We have yet to go inside La Cava ~ you'd think the margarita lover would attempt to persuade her mama to give it a try. o_O

Instead we took our usual cruise.

View attachment 232263

La Cava - do it!!

Em's pics are fantastic. I've tried to get pics while moving (Frozen, SSE) and most come out blurry and awful.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
When we finished SSE, there was still over an hour to go before Illuminations. We enjoy Illuminations ~ what we don't enjoy is the cattle-herd exiting afterward. Unless we are staying at an Epcot resort (where leaving via the International Gateway is so much easier) we tend to skip this nighttime event.

"What next?" Em asked.
"Island Sunset?" I grinned.
"YES!!"

There is only one location on property that serves Em's favorite drink. Which so happens to be at the resort that bears my name. :D

A monorail ride to the TTC and a quick walk and we were here.
IMG_9153.JPG

There were two open seats at the bar in the TAMBU Lounge. (The all-caps is for anyone who may be spelling-impaired ;).) We bellied up to the bar.

IMG_9154.JPG

A kind bartender promptly prepared our libations ~ an Island Sunset for Em, Pina Colada for me. The Tambu Lounge makes the best Pina Coladas!

IMG_9155.JPG

We slowly sipped and savored. Not just to make the experience last longer, but also to prevent the dreaded "cold headache" which happens when frozen drinks are sucked through a straw too quickly!

But even with our lingering pace, the glasses eventually were empty. And it was time to move on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom