Trip Report No Sounds Like Summer? We'll JOURNEY Anyway! *COMPLETED*

It was this week last summer that @TrolleyFollower91 and I had an epic girls trip to WDW.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...e-july-journey-completed.917246/#post-7369605

On our first day we rocked to the music of DSB ~ the ultimate Journey tribute band ~ at the America Gardens Theater in Epcot. It was an event we'll always remember. DSB was the final band in the annual "Sounds Like Summer" concert series. The lead singer said the band was looking forward to returning next summer.

IMG_1332.JPG

And here we are.....it's "next summer."

But there has been no "Sounds Like Summer" concert series in 2017. :(
No DSB. :arghh:

Don't. Stop. Believin'.

Em and I refuse to go our Separate Ways. We have too much fun together. We have one last chance to do WDW together before school starts and by golly we're gonna do it....even without DSB.

Want to tag along?

Attempting a full-fledged LIVE trip report is daunting and difficult, so I decided to follow @TheMouseFan's lead and be LIVE-ish. Real time pics and updates to be expanded on after my return home.

Oh, and I will finish my currently-in-progress trip report. :D

Who's ready for Summer #2?
IMG_3160.JPG

We are!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The not-so-pretty walk between France and Morocco. I know the tarps were for Food & Wine preparation, but really, over a month in advance? o_O

IMG_9124.JPG

We bowed our heads in sorrow as we passed the America Gardens Theater. R.I.P. Sounds Like Summer. :(

Em was quick to lighten the mood once we reached Italy.
IMG_9127.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Get a load of the carving on this post ~ beautiful details I never noticed until Em zoomed in.
IMG_4778.JPG

We checked in on time for our early dinner (any dinner ADR prior to 5 pm is early!) at Via Napoli. Via Nap gets a lot of pizza hate, but Em and I have always enjoyed our pizzas here. (Service, on the other hand, has never been better than mediocre. :bored:)

#Shirleystatus
IMG_9134.JPG

No one behind Em, either!
IMG_9135.JPG

@Doc Disney and her mom are quite familiar with the view we had out the window:
IMG_9137.JPG

Except, perhaps, for the cardinal! This little guy put on quite a show for us. The bird repeatedly flew into the window with such force that he immediately bounced back onto the rabbit statue. He must have done it at least a dozen times. Our laughter caught the attention of one of the servers who came over to watch. "That silly bird does that all the time!" he chortled.

The cardinal's antics added to our already festive mood and we decided to splurge with wine and a large pizza (the size we usually share with Woody.)

IMG_4808.JPG

IMG_4773.JPG

Did we finish this delicious Margherita?

Yes......yes we did!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Even after consuming 4 large pizza slices each, we did not feel bloated. With other pizzas, I max out at 2 slices and Em can sometimes eat 3. Via Nap's pizza is fresher and lighter and never weighs us down.

Our joke about the pizza ~ "It's filled with helium. It's very light."

Bonus points for anyone who names the movie reference. (@amjt660? @lostpro9het?)

Sergio the mime was just starting his show on the plaza and we had to stop!

IMG_4775.JPG

We love his interactions with children....and his way of humiliating adults. :p
IMG_4776.JPG

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
A crowd had gathered on the side street in the U.K. and our curiousity compelled us to find out why. A performance by Quickstep had started and we stopped to watch. Em fixed her camera settings just right and was about to take her first shot when this guy sauntered out of the gift store and plopped himself against the fence, ruining her "people-free" background (can you relate @fractal and @sheriffwoody?)

View attachment 230044

The funny thing was he wasn't the least bit interested in Quickstep. His eyes darted here and there, never once glancing at the performers. He was oblivious not only to them, but to the crowd across the street who was clapping, swaying and otherwise engaged with the music. There was also an adorable boy next to Em who was dancing the entire time! It was quite the contrast between him and the expression-less photobomber.

So Em did what any good photographer would do. The crop.
View attachment 230046

Just a guess, but I wonder if he is undercover security. He's not wearing a Disney Shackle (aka MagicBand), his shoes could be police/military, and he's got a policeman's haircut. :cautious:

upload_2017-9-18_11-29-57.png

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
That pizza looks amazing.
It was absolutely delish!

When I think about that movie other lines come to me first
Max
"Those aren't pillows!" ;)

Just a guess, but I wonder if he is undercover security. He's not wearing a Disney Shackle (aka MagicBand), his shoes could be police/military, and he's got a policeman's haircut. :cautious:
View attachment 230986
I never would have thought of that!

The Crop is the most useful tool ever. :)
I'm impressed!
:D

I'm late to the party, but I'm here now :rolleyes:
Love the Epcot pics by Em!
Welcome, Vivian!

That pizza is droooool worthy !
:hungry:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

View attachment 230986

Interesting thought, but for whatever reason I doubt it. Not everyone wears the shackles (I buy my park card at my local AAA office prior to my yearly trip, and it's a plastic card, not the shackle--which I'd refuse to wear anyway, no matter what). My "take" on this guy is that his wife was having a great ol' time shopping in the gift shop there, and he needed to escape outdoors! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom