Trip Report No Sounds Like Summer? We'll JOURNEY Anyway! *COMPLETED*

It was this week last summer that @TrolleyFollower91 and I had an epic girls trip to WDW.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...e-july-journey-completed.917246/#post-7369605

On our first day we rocked to the music of DSB ~ the ultimate Journey tribute band ~ at the America Gardens Theater in Epcot. It was an event we'll always remember. DSB was the final band in the annual "Sounds Like Summer" concert series. The lead singer said the band was looking forward to returning next summer.

IMG_1332.JPG

And here we are.....it's "next summer."

But there has been no "Sounds Like Summer" concert series in 2017. :(
No DSB. :arghh:

Don't. Stop. Believin'.

Em and I refuse to go our Separate Ways. We have too much fun together. We have one last chance to do WDW together before school starts and by golly we're gonna do it....even without DSB.

Want to tag along?

Attempting a full-fledged LIVE trip report is daunting and difficult, so I decided to follow @TheMouseFan's lead and be LIVE-ish. Real time pics and updates to be expanded on after my return home.

Oh, and I will finish my currently-in-progress trip report. :D

Who's ready for Summer #2?
IMG_3160.JPG

We are!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yay! Can't wait to read all about it!

Following!

Following along, I kept checking to see if you started this and now you have!:)
Thanks for checking back in, friends!

TOO-VA-LOO is back!! :geek: Hooray!
I am so proud of you..... ;):p

Finally!! Glad power and WiFi are back up so I don't get too far behind !!
Happy to hear you've got power back. :)

Love,Love Love me some kitty pic's.:cat:
(Note to self ~ might have to add a few kitty pics to hold Cindy's interest......)

YES there you are again!

Woohoo! Definitely following along again. :joyfull:

Woohoo! I've been (patiently) waiting for this!!

Glad you're back!! I've been missing you!!
Thanks for your patience! I have missed y'all too!

I'm so glad your "unabridged" report is underway!! I, like many others, were patiently awaiting the continuation! It's funny reading about the elevator situation now because on your hiatus, I went back to prior reports and I'm in the process of reading your December WL report...complete with elevator cookies and all!!! :p
How nice of you to go back and read the "prologue" :happy:. I could use an elevator cookie right about now.....

Yayyy really need this!! Having wdw withdrawals bad!!
I am ashamed to say this but.......me too!!!

Can't wait to read more!! I need to stay at WL some day...
Yay, you're back!! And you do need to stay at WL some day!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
After a quick unpack, we went in search of a snack.

IMG_9099.JPG

There are no longer queues to order food, perhaps to "open up" the area? But I question the placement of this "snack island" in the middle of the room. (Note: We were never there when it was crazy busy so not sure how the new layout handles crowds.)
IMG_9098.JPG

However, moving the beverage island into the dining area is an improvement.
IMG_9114.JPG

Em enjoyed her vanilla cupcake and I would have finished my magic cookie bar if there had been fewer nuts and more chocolate chips (cause really, is there such a thing as too many chocolate chips?!)

Sweet treats complete, we headed for the bus stop. We had a fastpass to make!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
People complain that they will never stay at such-and-such resort again because the bus service was "lousy." Doesn't matter what level of resort ~ value, moderate or deluxe ~ gripes about the bus service are common. As someone who has utilized Disney bus service for over 25 years, I have had my share of lousy service but have also had great luck. The majority of my bus experience has been neutral ~ some waiting, but no real problems. The increase in the number of ECVs that need to be accommodated has increased over time and I think accounts for the majority of "lousy service" complaints. Only one ECV load/unload can throw the bus off schedule and increase wait times. And none of us like to wait!

During our stay, Em and I had no bus issues to/from WL. Our wait times were short. Yet a month later @sheriffwoody encountered long delays. So our current opinions on WL transportation are vastly different. I may encounter long waits on my next trip (though there is no way to predict that in advance) and my opinion might change.

My point? No guest transport experiences are exactly the same. What qualifies as "lousy service" to one may not seem that way to another. Perception can cloud reality. No resort has "perfect" transportation. Trust me ~ I've been burned way too many times by the "convenience" of the monorail! ;) :joyfull:

Today Em did not sit on this bench for long....
IMG_9115.JPG

....and we had the park practically to ourselves! #Shirleystatus
IMG_4745.JPG

IMG_4746.JPG

IMG_4747.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I spied a lonely Photopass photographer.

"Let's get our picture taken!" I called out to Em, who was busily taking photos with her real camera.

This of course would require her putting all her stuff away. If she was annoyed by this prospect she did not let on. She was able to conjure up her Disney smile.

IMG_9946.JPG

IMG_9947.JPG

IMG_9937.JPG

Wouldn't it be funny if Disney inserted some sort of scary image in these "look surprised" shots?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
That FP we had to make?

Here. #Shirleystatus
IMG_9116.JPG

Proof that there are still gators in LWTL......just not of the "real" variety.
IMG_4749.JPG

Another tiny piney (is that a thing?) for you, @bee.
IMG_4750.JPG

The big pineys hang out with the Java apples. It's the cool thing to do. :cool:
IMG_4751.JPG

Who here has eaten Horsetail?
IMG_4752.JPG

Didn't think so.

Dahlia? Anyone?
IMG_4753.JPG

Didn't think so.

I'd like to say that Shirley rented out the Garden Grill for a VIP meal but these "privacy plants" are there for another reason.
IMG_4748.JPG

Haven't a clue what the reason may be! :joyfull:

fractal

That FP we had to make?

Here. #Shirleystatus
View attachment 230009

Proof that there are still gators in LWTL......just not of the "real" variety.
View attachment 230000

Another tiny piney (is that a thing?) for you, @bee.
View attachment 230003

The big pineys hang out with the Java apples. It's the cool thing to do. :cool:
View attachment 230001

Who here has eaten Horsetail?
View attachment 230004
Didn't think so.

Dahlia? Anyone?
View attachment 230005
Didn't think so.

I'd like to say that Shirley rented out the Garden Grill for a VIP meal but these "privacy plants" are there for another reason.
View attachment 229999
Haven't a clue what the reason may be! :joyfull:

Wasn't me.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Pretty Epcot flowers deserve to be photographed."
-- Em

IMG_4755.JPG

IMG_4756.JPG

We did not linger in Future World and made our way to the World Showcase Promenade.

IMG_4812.JPG

We turned right to begin our walk around the Lagoon. Coming towards us was a small group of young adult females. One pointed at the booth we were approaching ~ Promenade Refreshments.

"PromenADE?" she said loudly. "Is that supposed to be lemonADE?"

No, honey, it's not. :facepalm:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
A crowd had gathered on the side street in the U.K. and our curiousity compelled us to find out why. A performance by Quickstep had started and we stopped to watch. Em fixed her camera settings just right and was about to take her first shot when this guy sauntered out of the gift store and plopped himself against the fence, ruining her "people-free" background (can you relate @fractal and @sheriffwoody?)

IMG_9123.JPG

The funny thing was he wasn't the least bit interested in Quickstep. His eyes darted here and there, never once glancing at the performers. He was oblivious not only to them, but to the crowd across the street who was clapping, swaying and otherwise engaged with the music. There was also an adorable boy next to Em who was dancing the entire time! It was quite the contrast between him and the expression-less photobomber.

So Em did what any good photographer would do. The crop.
IMG_4763.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom