Trip Report No Sounds Like Summer? We'll JOURNEY Anyway! *COMPLETED*

It was this week last summer that @TrolleyFollower91 and I had an epic girls trip to WDW.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...e-july-journey-completed.917246/#post-7369605

On our first day we rocked to the music of DSB ~ the ultimate Journey tribute band ~ at the America Gardens Theater in Epcot. It was an event we'll always remember. DSB was the final band in the annual "Sounds Like Summer" concert series. The lead singer said the band was looking forward to returning next summer.

IMG_1332.JPG

And here we are.....it's "next summer."

But there has been no "Sounds Like Summer" concert series in 2017. :(
No DSB. :arghh:

Don't. Stop. Believin'.

Em and I refuse to go our Separate Ways. We have too much fun together. We have one last chance to do WDW together before school starts and by golly we're gonna do it....even without DSB.

Want to tag along?

Attempting a full-fledged LIVE trip report is daunting and difficult, so I decided to follow @TheMouseFan's lead and be LIVE-ish. Real time pics and updates to be expanded on after my return home.

Oh, and I will finish my currently-in-progress trip report. :D

Who's ready for Summer #2?
IMG_3160.JPG

We are!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Ok you can't deny that a lot of Bass Pro Shops have lodge vibes. The one in Memphis surely doesn't (it's in the Pyramid), but a lot of them do! Once you step in the doors though...the WL is quite a bit different :joyfull:
Excited to follow along! Can't wait to stay at the lodge in SIXTEEN DAYS!!!!

I'm slightly late but here!! Your WL pictures are making me excited for my trip in March!! (238 days but who's counting :rolleyes:)
@sheriffwoody and @becca ~ This Poly gal feels like she's cheating on her beloved. The "new" WL far surpasses any expectations I had. Love it and you guys will too!!

PS is the new pool zero entry?
It is! And it has an "Infinity Edge" all around it.
IMG_9178.JPG

Those fries look amazing!
They were! Em and I tried to figure out the seasoning but just landed on "delicious, so why bother?" :p

Last edited:

susan lees

Some thoughts as I sit here on the balcony ~

It is wonderfully peaceful. The only sounds I hear are crickets and whippoorwills. (It's in-between geyser times.;))

It is not hot nor humid. Very atypical for July.

Disney's ability to transform you to another place/time never ceases to amaze me. From where I'm sitting, I could easily be at a resort in the Pacific Northwest not at a theme park. In Florida.

If you are not park commando people, money spent on a deluxe resort is never a waste.

I am thankful for my online friends who make trip reporting fun.
Wilderness lodge is on my ultimate wish list. I just love the theming there. One day........:rolleyes:

dizfan917

I know this has nothing to do with your current trip (so long Great Movie Ride...), but I always wonder - How do you pronounce your name?

Is it:
TOO-valoo (like TRUE value)
Too-VALOO (like true VALUE)
TUV-aloo
tuv-ALOO?!?

I'm so not Polynesian... I've seen it written so many times, I always wonder what it SOUNDS like when pronounced.

Enjoy the trip!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I know this has nothing to do with your current trip (so long Great Movie Ride...), but I always wonder - How do you pronounce your name?

Is it:
TOO-valoo (like TRUE value)
Too-VALOO (like true VALUE)
TUV-aloo
tuv-ALOO?!?

I'm so not Polynesian... I've seen it written so many times, I always wonder what it SOUNDS like when pronounced.

Enjoy the trip!!
TOO VAH LOO :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom