Trip Report *COMPLETED* No Ring (delayed), No Rivers Light, & Donald Duck’s the President

As I stir my pasta noodles for dinner, a single tear slides down my cheek. DEPRESSION. It’s cold, it’s dark, and I am home…this unfamiliar place that is not my Disney World hotel room. (PLUS WHY AM I COOKING?!) This cold Philadelphia air chills me to the core, and when I woke up this morning I contemplated chucking my cell phone out the window. I knew my alarm was waking me up for work, not to catch a Disney bus. What is this life?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY does it have to end?! The hardest part of planning, and changing your plans, and obsessing over your plans, and then finally living out your plans is the part at the end. The part where it’s all over, it’s all done, and going on a Disney website, or checking a restaurant menu is like pouring salt on an open wound.

As you can tell from my title, no I didn’t get my Disney World proposal and no I didn’t get to see Rivers of Light. Thought I would throw all the heartbreak right at you from the get go, so we can move on to happier memories. (This just means my boyfriend owes me a BIGGER diamond, and a trip back! Maybe when ROL opens?!)

I have just returned from the most fabulous trip to Disney, and I am already itching to go back. I am trying to convince someone, anyone (hello out there!) to book a weekend getaway… That’s the thing with Disney, they always leave you wanting more! Unless it’s it just something us Disney addicts feel, we are always eager for our next fix!

For those who don’t know me, I’m Nicole, and I love Disney World. I have loved Disney World for 11 years now. (This is how they start these meetings right?!)

FE835E30-2B05-42E3-AC2A-28B52A934E2B_zpssokjhylt.jpg

I was in the Disney bubble from November 4th to November 13th and it was not enough time. NOT ENOUGH TIME I TELL YOU!!! I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and fell truly, madly, and deeply in love with this BEAUTIFUL riverside resort. My last two trips have been in July and August, and I think those trips (in the summer nonetheless) were MUCH less crowded. SO MANY PEOPLE! It was the end of a race weekend, the last week of food and wine, NJ teacher convention week, and election week. One word of advice, DO NOT EVER GO AT THIS TIME! (keep rereading the go at as goat LOL)

Let’s begin!

November 4th-

Our flight was not until 5:50 PM Friday night. I originally was planning to work in the morning, but it turned out I was able to take the whole day off. Of course I woke up super early with excitement, did all my last minute packing, and then stared at the clock for hours on end. Go figure!

CFF8A16B-E3B6-415B-8571-A9DADEE5B881_zpswmtft2zw.png

This text arrived and my anxiety immediately started kicking in. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! Will we not have room? Will they downgrade us to a tent along the riverbank? Will I have to fight off alligators and zika mosquitoes while sleeping outside? My boyfriend tried to calm my fears, and decided we should get a move on it. Airport here we come!

SEPTA was on strike (public transportation buses, etc) so of course traffic was nightmare! I tried my hardest not to freak out and bite off all my nails before even reaching Orlando.

D1CFAF7B-AB66-4105-A88F-1B71C44450D5_zpsxlfnsmus.jpg

After what seemed like forever, we made it! Hustled through security and straight for the bar!

60AE4E92-A7BF-4E19-B268-91FBF98DFA7A_zpso0ftiut2.jpg

Round 1

03FBEE83-CACE-4B42-A55A-F71944EB8276_zpsx039ncow.jpg

Round 2

4887B6FC-ABF2-4CED-B60A-A02FC82E43BE_zpsrecgid4e.jpg

Round 3—oops?

2F886687-D05C-43E1-8645-E74B01EDE1F2_zpsgob94hfj.jpg

And our first food picture of the trip! Chicken tenders! My anxiety was so high all day that I forgot to eat, and I was feeling pretty tipsy. Food is always a good idea!

We paid our tab, and decided to wait by the gate for our magical plane to Orlando! TAKE ME HOME BABY!!!

8BABCCC3-8265-48BB-BCC3-E5DAF156EA33_zpshz79ihgu.jpg

Ummm.. where is our plane?

E6D9AC7F-8DA7-4399-9AC9-733C02DC834A_zpsujuaa1nn.jpg

Come to find out our flight is delayed until 7 PM… I was too hyper and couldn’t sit still so off we went to check out the airport shops and burn off some energy.

We stumbled upon this wonderful sight, and couldn’t resist.

C1D8A85C-A69F-4490-B307-E432C68FBC09_zpsza90wlol.jpg

3C5D42D8-2A0B-4C70-9686-13BFD45EC0CC_zpswsfgeqd5.jpg

So much for trying to stay hungry to use up those quick service meals tonight!

The time ticked by soooooooooooo slowly. We watched a woman scream at the American Airlines attendant because he was making her check her bag… SCREAM. She kept threatening him, saying she was going to call Disney and tell them he ruined her trip. There was a family standing beside us, and they told the father he had to go on a later flight because they oversold the plane, and even he didn’t go as ballistic as this woman. Getting to Disney is stressful people!

Soon I was admiring this stunning view. HAPPY PLACE HERE I COME!

E5E3526E-82C9-49A4-AFFA-0B9B9CFCF22F_zpsenw2unjz.jpg

And we’re off!

5BB8E543-68A5-47FC-8F92-6138612BE98A_zps2sdvsm7r.jpg

Our flight was quick and painless, and soon the announcement came on that we arrived in Orlando!! A little boy a few rows behind us screamed out “NOOOOOOOO, we went to the wrong place! We are supposed to be in Disney World!”

I showed my boyfriend what I pro I was at maneuvering through the Orlando airport, B side, you can’t hide from me! My Mickey turned green and all my anxiety from earlier in the day melted away. The familiar aroma of the Orlando airport, the big Mickey hands waving you home, the smiling cast member’s faces, it didn’t matter if I’d be sleeping in a river, I was here!

77C06C58-A998-4E94-96FF-EF2F9C4F016E_zpspqch4zsc.jpg

Our magical express filled up quickly, and I didn’t even mind that we were one of the last stops. I soaked up that arrival feeling, the feeling that a full trip is ahead of you, that this really is the ultimate moment of beginning, that the possibilities are truly endless. Plus, it gave me more time to answer trivia questions! I think everyone on the bus thought I was psycho with the amount I got right!

714FB09D-BCC2-41CD-BB79-D7DF229D4469_zpseyas2cwx.jpg

46DF5011-04CD-4D8F-AFBA-F965D692D8E4_zpssjj7tdnn.jpg

And off we drove into the night. Even though the sign wasn’t lit up due to construction, I still felt it. The transition to being “on property”. That butterflies fluttering in your stomach feeling, when you know you’ve truly been welcomed home.

Longers

Yes, I am sorry, I totally stole your picture. :p Mine looked sort of strange on the iPhone, so I had too! Please forgive me LOL... Joe actually got that shirt at Target, not sure if they have them in the UK! It's the only Disney shirt he owns, he must start expanding his Disney wardrobe if he plans to stick with me for life!
I am so happy I was not being catfished- we are all real people! LOL, there are multiple Disney lovers in the world!! It was so weird to head first thing into Epcot at night, and the head right back out! Glad I wasn't the only one who felt this, just proves our love for all the parks... I am glad you are reading, I am trying to write as much as I can with working 50 hours weeks... UGH CAN I GO BACK! I wish I was still reading yours LIVE in my PORS bed!
I will forgive you for using my photo, I really like that one anyway :)
and it was really strange going into Epcot and leaving so soon, - after we have visited every park I don't mind doing that but it was kind of strange to be doing it on day 2. We don't have target in the UK so guess that might have to wait until next year now!
I really wish I was still doing my report live too :(
And come on where is your commitment, I did my report live after days at the parks - no excuses please, I need this fix to make me feel like I am back there!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I rather liked the Kali hairstyle--kinda wild! :cat:
Thanks, LOL I didn't think it was so bad myself! :)

SO MUCH vicarious joy over here!!!!
I love that your meet-up happened!

Ok, I have to go watch Younger now. I'll work on my TR tomorrow!
I am sooooooooo happy the meetup happened too! I kept thinking there was no way we could figure it out, we all had different park days and different dinner times, etc... it was hard to find a common ground! So happy we made it work! Now you get to work LOL

Pro Tip Friends don't let friends fly American (or United)
BOOOO! LOL United has never done me dirty... yet. I will never fly JetBlue again!

I'm glad it helped!
Fnding the man you want to marry is equal parts awesome and agonizing. Awesome that you found someone you want to build a life with, and agonizing that you haven't taken that next step yet. It drives you to distraction! At least it did me!
Here's the thing, the future, your future together will come, you just have to enjoy the journey.
Thank you so much! I agree.. it's tough out there! I am so thankful for words of wisdom and advice from all my WDW magic friends :)

What? Who me? Post pics of adult beverages in a TR:angelic::angelic::angelic: and yes Yeti in A mode happy memories
Couldn't of been your trip report now could it? LOL!!!

I'm still trying to ketchup and loving your TR. THNX for the memories and one from when I got my DL. I drove to Seaside the year I got my DL every day I had off work just to practice driving on the Parkway:angelic::angelic::angelic:
Thank you for reading it!!! And oh Seaside memories! You have to love the Garden State parkway! LOL

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I will forgive you for using my photo, I really like that one anyway :)
and it was really strange going into Epcot and leaving so soon, - after we have visited every park I don't mind doing that but it was kind of strange to be doing it on day 2. We don't have target in the UK so guess that might have to wait until next year now!
I really wish I was still doing my report live too :(
And come on where is your commitment, I did my report live after days at the parks - no excuses please, I need this fix to make me feel like I am back there!
Oh man, no target! How do you live?! LOL I should steal Joe's and ship it out to you! I am trying SO HARD to pump this trip report out for you! My Disney depression is so bad! I hope you are surviving the real world, I will try harder I promise! :)

Loving your report, Nicole! So jealous you three ladies got to meet up. Sounds like a great time! I hate that you didn't get to see Rivers of Light, but, like you said, you'll be back! Hopefully all this anticipation will be well worth it :D
Thank you for reading! I want to plan a big huge WDW magic meetup, it was so much fun and so cool to put real live people to their usernames! I am super bummed I didn't get to see RoL, but since it still hasn't started my heart is healing. I am just thankful I didn't miss it by a day or two, I would have screamed! Now I just wish they would announce it so I can start planning my next trip... LOL

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 7th

Dun dun DUNNNNNNNNN, the day we leave property. Would we ever return? Would Disney know I was cheating? It felt so wrong, but I couldn't help but be excited for the unknown. There's only ever one "first time". Joe and I were both heading into the the dark abyss. Lucky for us, @Longers offered to drive us over to the dark side (Universal). Isn’t that just the nicest thing? Reason number 34,583,439,349 why I love Disney. The nicest people love Disney too!

I made sure Joe and I were up and ready before our scheduled pick-up time. I couldn't be late for this very important date! Plus, it’s too hard to sleep in at the World!

B3B6D8F3-4955-42A9-9A12-C29497867952_zpsgyulysel.jpg

My "I solemnly swear I am up to no good" t-shirt… my Harry Potter wardrobe is not as stylish as my Disney one! I better step up my game!

Since we were ready with time to spare, it was the perfect opportunity to eat cake.. for breakfast. IT’S VACATION, DON’T JUDGE ME!

A99C773D-6DA2-4C84-88B3-CD590F1458BD_zpss7cvn22o.jpg

Joe’s dessert to go from Yak and Yeti was the NY style cheesecake, drizzled with strawberry and mango sauces. Of course, he forgot I didn't take a photo of it last night, and a bite is missing! JOE!!! HOW DARE YOU!! YOU MUST NOW SUFFER THE WRATH OF NICOLE!!! :banghead::banghead:
Mmmm.. I don’t know if it was just that good, or if it was THAT GOOD because this is what we decided to eat for breakfast. Those that get fat together stay together, right?

We were now on a sugar high, just in time to go meet up with @Longers! I was able to take some daylight pictures because we decided to meet up at the front of the resort.

90326E53-7357-4E98-9F31-EB3C56CB97D4_zps5kzot1fa.jpg

We strolled by the lovely Riverside pool. The pool would play this country, bluegrass style music, even when it wasn’t opened yet for the day! I thought it was kind of creepy! When there wasn’t anyone in the pool, it sounded like something from a horror movie (I am crazy) LOL; otherwise it fit the theme perfectly. It reminded me of the fact that River Country’s music still plays… OoOoOoOh creepy! :p

43C3EF44-E7ED-4D3A-B0E4-22D27FF113E9_zpsnadczej4.jpg

The beauty of all that is Riverside. Doesn’t this look like it could be a postcard sent to you from someone staying on the banks of the Mississippi? BE-E-A-YOU-TIFUL!!!!!!

55D253A9-1BE2-44B3-B271-1DFB2E7B71A6_zpssojo0usw.jpg

We waited for about 5 minutes before the best chauffeur of the entire trip picked us up! Sorry Disney bus drivers ;) I was able to pick up some tips from Tracey, me being a Universal newbie! It was cool to see the Universal resorts as we approached (HELLO CABANA BAY :geek::geek:), and the huge volcano they are building! I also didn’t realize just how close Universal is to Disney! I expected this long, long car ride, but it felt like we were there in the blink of an eye!

0054D70B-DB57-4664-ABEA-AF68D9B10905_zpsmgclrnww.jpg

We made it through the metal detectors without being whisked away to Universal prison, and said our good-byes and thank you’s to @Longers. THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

Joe and I were headed first to Islands of Adventure!

9878802A-2C4F-42C4-A24D-86FDEA1F87EC_zpslmnjtdsx.jpg

5B4DE5BA-EE55-4C2A-876D-428950F17669_zps44h8in5o.jpg

I sent the above picture to my friend, and her dirty mind told me to stop sending her inappropriate pictures at work. LOL!! It does look a little sketchy….

Our first ride of the day was…. THE HULK. I had heard so much about it, from friends, and blogs, and watching YouTube vlogs, I knew it needed this ride to be number one.

95247532-987C-4F5F-8E27-D0FAAB7030E0_zpsco8jogvi.jpg

HOLY HOLY OH MY GOODNESS YES BEST ROLLER COASTER EVER LET’S DO THAT ONE AGAIN!

1713F21B-E6F5-4A10-BF5A-5D25314F5F3E_zpsko20izrh.jpg

The first ride was only a 5 minute wait, so we of course, had to experience first row! It seemed so strange to go through a metal detector to go on a ride, but I didn’t mind it! They employees really know how to make it flow smoothly, and they were all super friendly! I don't know why I was expecting them to be intimidating and mean... We get up to the front to board, and the girl just getting off lost both her hair clips. Oh my goodness what was I getting myself into?

THAT FIRST BLAST! It was seriously the best thing EVER! I loved that I had no idea what to expect, it truly was such a good surprise! We were inching and inching up the incline, and then all of a sudden HULK SMASH! Joe and I both screamed our heads off! And the part where go you through the mist! That was sooooo cool!!!!! THIS RIDE IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!! We got off, saw the wait was only 10 minutes, and went right back on.

1713F21B-E6F5-4A10-BF5A-5D25314F5F3E_zpsko20izrh.jpg

Who needs coffee when you can ride the Hulk? This has now surpassed my favorite roller coaster of all time, Nitro at 6 Flags Great Adventure. It Hulk Smashed it out of the park LOL

If we weren’t in a brand new park full of possibilities, I think we would have rode the Hulk all day! We dragged ourselves away and headed to Spider-Man.

674CDE43-771B-46DF-B0E6-E2750E6ADD80_zps5yqykkso.jpg

Again, this was soooo incredible! We both loved it! I loved that for every ride we had no idea what to expect, so we were going into everything with such open minds. The blind first time, nothing compares. Spidey saved us a few times with his web, from water to fire, to evil bad guys! I seriously don’t know how they do what they do!

After swinging about the streets with Spidey, it was time for more food! The cake seemed like it was forever ago. These superheroes must have massive appetites, or is that just Joe and I? :p

95645262-A2B5-4A9C-BEB0-B4B07410CF75_zpsjxtpjb5m.jpg

Although it wasn’t shaped like a Mickey, it was still pretty good. Gosh, it kills me to type this! (WHO AM I? I KNOW!!!)

And I was tempted by the people who ordered ahead of us, so thank you random strangers! Churros are an essential part of the food pyramid right?

44E07734-D302-43BB-8BC5-47E920D5456C_zpsg6jrfn8b.jpg

With full bellies, it was time for a tame ride (yeah, right who’s trip report is this?)… Doctor Doom’s Freefall. AHHHHHH! I screamed louder than the young boys who rode with us. I think I may have injured the eardrums of everyone visiting that day. Sorry!

It was hot, so when we headed into Toon Lagoon, we figured what the heck! Let’s ride the Popeye Barges. We thought it’d be similar to Kali, and boy we were wrong! Kali was nothing compared to this! You won’t just get wet, YOU WILL GET DRENCHED. We rode with a grandfather, father and son, and they were the best ride partners! They were from Ireland and to hear them laughing and screaming just brought me so much joy! We poked fun at each other when someone would get squirted or went under a waterfall, or rode backwards down a hill. I was seriously laughing so hard out loud that my stomach was hurting!

E88FEE07-B449-4846-8D7E-87A01D61B5F1_zps4foyangg.jpg

This was the aftermath!!

36D3A2BA-B47C-4F6A-97A3-83B83316D482_zpsq17xjxec.jpg

Joe and I had to go on the Olive ship right after, because there were water guns we could aim at the people coming down on the barge. Our Irish friends stayed on for another trip around, and they were cracking up so hard when they saw us manning the guns! Muhaha, we are evil, evil people!

5D064373-DCD3-4D05-A425-BB96146C0DFD_zpst1dxwyjm.jpg

We were soaked, but we were sooooo happy. :)

We decided since we were sopping wet already, might as well ride the flume ride. Ripsaw Falls was so much fun! It was so much longer than I thought it was going to be! Of course they stuck me up front, so I had no shot at staying dry… we feared each and every turn, and I had no idea when the hill was coming! From Princess to drowned rat, Universal was changing me!

We wandered around the Comic Strips for a bit, trying to catch every bit of sunshine. Would we ever dry?

32178BDA-3ACA-4DB1-90E2-3DE2A0D8AD21_zps0zqtifax.jpg

This picture cracks me up, not only for the thought bubble, but for the fact that Joe’s shirt is see-through wet. HAHAHAHA!

Our morning at Universal had us filled with adrenaline and extremely giddy. The dark side didn’t seem so dark after all….

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
The only thing that would get me away from Disney would be HP. I don't know all the reasons why Rowling turned down Disney (Mickey with a lightning bolt scar perhaps?), but that would've been a boom for DHS. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Star Wars and Toy Story, but HP is so awesome.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 7th

After soaking up as much of the sun rays as we could, we decided to hop in line for Reign of Kong. I told Joe this was the newest attraction so a 40 minute wait time was reasonable. He questioned me on how I knew all these things about a place I’ve never been, and I chuckled. PSH! I don’t read newspapers, or check news websites having to do with the real world, but I do follow anything and everything to do with Orlando. I have a twitter solely to follow Disney accounts. I am sick, I know!

56939F42-4D94-4903-B706-786C48A90DFA_zpsz9zuyfn7.jpg

A7835BEF-0351-41CB-81FC-3EEB4F30A412_zpsyn1gnaiy.jpg

A1C69133-705C-47B9-844D-BB46DA783D70_zpsvagsifls.jpg

This attraction was extremely well done! The Kong animatronic made me yearn for a working yeti… please Joe Rohde, please fix him! :( :( Even the queue was tremendously detailed. I went in expecting Universal’s queues to be just like a 6 Flags standard line, but I was pleasantly surprised that they are pretty on par with Disney. WHAT DID I JUST SAY?!

There was this one section that’s very dark and they have a wild man pop out and grab you from behind a wall. We kept hearing people ahead of us in line screaming and I just thought they were being dramatic. Turns out I was wrong! I screamed my head off! BEWARE!!!

After Kong, we decided it was time for lunch. Joe and I sort of skipped through Jurassic Park in order to tame our appetites. You think T-rex’s are scary? You should see me when I’m hangry! LOL
We ended up eating at The Burgers Digs because the line looked reasonable and the picture of the chocolate milkshake reeled me in. :p We are not very adventurous eaters, so here I present our boring bacon cheeseburgers and cheese fries!

C32DE012-0E79-4337-90A8-3F0D18B3E26A_zpsuoxzozra.jpg

They had a toppings bar, so I loaded up on the pickles! I tried pickles about a year ago, and I think I’m making up for all the years I lived without! See what happens when you try things NICOLE!!!

D4C08D46-A58A-4E01-AACD-42A9DD5614D7_zpsgq9auckh.jpg

And I can’t forget the best part of this healthy lunch! My chocolate milkshake! This thing was heavenly! It reminded me of an old fashioned McDonald’s milkshake from when I was a kid!

0D80E298-8CEE-461A-B779-5C65106DAF5E_zpskx0uukbm.jpg

After a delicious lunch, I could wait no more. It was time to go to the Wizarding World. I had to join the Harry Potter hype train. CHOO CHOO ALL ABOARD. I wanted to finally see with my own two eyes this magical world, this place that people constantly give the utmost praise, the place that marks true beginning of the Universal vs. Disney battle.

55E532C1-2D7E-4BDF-83BF-A9A4D144C8FE_zpsixnw7diq.jpg

We walked in, and I was speechless.

7C70FF29-1DE9-4C7D-B2E5-8088D9B108C1_zpsoitcb3ia.jpg

Was this real life? Did I just stumble upon a movie set?

3A64D099-7EEC-4255-A178-5C755F8658A2_zps8hklt6pv.jpg

I was completely, totally, utterly BLOWN AWAY. That's me up there in the sky, blowing away. Poof, I'm gone.

81448CA8-C5B8-49E4-9A5A-7B2ADF9B334D_zps789pefmu.jpg

“Hogsmeade looked like a Christmas card; the little thatched cottages and shops were all covered in a layer of crisp snow.”

C6212A75-CB6C-426A-9712-F290031520F1_zpsfg1sggrs.jpg

61D3435B-EDB1-4E40-8F51-E9CF3D217040_zpsi2bcdd49.jpg

Walking into Hogsmeade created a feeling I don’t think can ever be reproduced in my life. I have recently (last year) read the Harry Potter series, and watched all the movies, so I am pretty new to this fandom. (I lived under a rock, I'm sorry.) I cannot imagine the emotions evoked for someone who has grown up reading the books, and waiting years and years for the next movie to be released. It is just indescribable.

Universal hit it out of the park. I now understand why Disney’s New Fantasyland gets mocked in comparison. I get why Disney is scrambling to build Avatar land and Star Wars land. I GET IT NOW. When people would say "Disney's playing catch up" I looked at them dumbfounded. What are you smoking, I would think. However, the competition is out there. The themeing, the detail, the immersion into the story, it’s everything I could of dreamed of and more. So, so, sooooooo much more. My jaw hung open for a good 10 minutes. I had to slowly be taken back down to reality.

Joe and I got in line for Forbidden Journey, it was only a 30 minute wait. It’s crazy how reasonable the wait times at Universal were versus Disney. I was expecting all the Harry Potter rides to have high waits, but they were all so manageable!

A32A3F41-5AEC-4A2F-AE2A-C1F8FDF989CB_zpsvl4mlmsj.jpg

Forbidden Journey was awesome! And again, the queue was amazing! Universal totally killed it. Did I just graduate from Hogwarts?

4EC0F9B4-4CC9-4C14-892E-8D003D034661_zpscr1msxco.jpg

After our visit to Hogwarts, we watched the frog choir. It was really cute! The entertainment just added to the overall experience. Joe was a wizard, I was a witch, and we had left Orlando and all it’s muggles behind.

615B1E23-76E0-4787-9090-E900E93E41B9_zps7pjjkjqb.jpg

0DF6DABE-6334-4EAD-A025-44A639ECB3EC_zpszzcga23h.jpg

The show ended and Joe and I decided it was time to experience this world on a whole new level. Sight, smell, hearing, and now TASTE!

22FD6B28-3F1F-4455-B9F6-97D156E83CDE_zpsxwe8zrhv.jpg

394E4BE7-976F-4BB7-A7F4-19712ED0F01C_zpsgpu5cyhv.jpg

My first ever Butterbeer was frozen.

3004849C-4FF9-4ECF-B34F-268436FB1840_zpsrjrzi2mg.jpg

A561EF20-AAAC-48E4-90C1-AB6A787B1E8E_zpspho1gpba.jpg

And the verdict is????

THERE ARE NO WORDS. I AM CURRENTLY POURING THROUGH RECIPES TRYING TO FIND A COPYCAT. Does Amazon prime ship this stuff to my house? Does Universal deliver? Is there a Universal parks app that lets you buy this for home? I WILL PAY HUNDREDS. I WILL PAY THOUSANDS. I WILL DRIVE TO THE BANK AND EMPTY OUT MY SAVINGS ACCOUNT. WHO NEEDS A 401K WHEN YOU CAN HAVE BUTTERBEER?
Can I ask Santa for a Butterbeer machine for Christmas? Does anyone have an extra house elf they can spare that has this recipe? Can I order this in bulk??!?!?!?!?!?

Am I a Butterbeer-aholic? Why yes, yes I think I am.

:p

StephK

Oh I'm so glad you enjoyed Universal! (Well so far :) ) Don't get me wrong, Disney is and always will be my #1 but Universal just has this different 'adult playground' type of feel to it and i loved it so much!
You will have to stay on site sometime, its great being able to walk to the parks and have that extra hour in the morning before the public is let in!
Thanks so much for the warning about Kong! I absolutely hate being scared so I'll remember to be on the lookout! This big guy on Stilts with a scary Egyptian mask on scared me at the mummy ride and i swear i never recovered!
Ripsaw falls is crazy huh, the drop seemed so much more intense then Splash mountain, and we also got absolutely soaked too, i wish I had a photo handy i was a complete drowned rat!
Look forward to reading more :):)

Princess Leia

The only thing that would get me away from Disney would be HP. I don't know all the reasons why Rowling turned down Disney (Mickey with a lightning bolt scar perhaps?), but that would've been a boom for DHS. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Star Wars and Toy Story, but HP is so awesome.
You know when Disney had those Star Wars weekends, and Vader & Boba Fett danced to Michael Jackson?

That's why.

Funny enough, it took actually buying Star Wars for Disney to treat that property with respect.

Longers

I'm so glad you loved Riverside as much as me :) it truly is beautiful.
Chris loves the comment about the best driver, he has a cheeky grin now - and he is so pleased you liked hulk it's one of his favourites.
And .... I did warn you about that ride and getting wet so I'm not surprised you got soaked.
We too experienced reign of Kong for the first time and the queue freaked me out more than the ride, people jumping out etc. When we went to Universal the second time we did first thing and luckily there were no live actors but I was still freaking out just in case.
That milkshake looks yum and is now on my list for next year.
And I guess not having experienced target we don't know what we are missing. Maybe if there is one local to Disney we can try to find it next year.

kaitertot5249

I am loving your TR so far! Your writing style is so entertaining, I feel like I'm experiencing this trip right along with you! Also, your photo taking skills are not as bad as you make them out to be, I actually think that they're pretty good for in-park photos! At least you take them, I'm always too caught up in the moment to take photos and I always regret it when I get home.

I'm looking forward to hear more about your time at Uni!

CaliKris

I am loving your TR!! It is helping me get through the days until my next WDW trip in Feb. Harry Potter at Universal is amazing! The frozen Butterbeer is the best! We ended our last trip at Universal and while we enjoyed it, it just didn't have the Disney magic. I think it is better that you did Universal in the middle of your trip.
Thanks for the tip about the Kong queue. I have been looking forward to experiencing this ride but will be ready and watching for the wild grabbing man!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I think this should happen. A long weekend or something. WDWMagic Trip Reporters Convention!

THIS IS SUCH A GREAT IDEA... We'd have so many trip reports going at once! :)

Oh I'm so glad you enjoyed Universal! (Well so far :) ) Don't get me wrong, Disney is and always will be my #1 but Universal just has this different 'adult playground' type of feel to it and i loved it so much!
You will have to stay on site sometime, its great being able to walk to the parks and have that extra hour in the morning before the public is let in!
Thanks so much for the warning about Kong! I absolutely hate being scared so I'll remember to be on the lookout! This big guy on Stilts with a scary Egyptian mask on scared me at the mummy ride and i swear i never recovered!
Ripsaw falls is crazy huh, the drop seemed so much more intense then Splash mountain, and we also got absolutely soaked too, i wish I had a photo handy i was a complete drowned rat!
Look forward to reading more :):)
I loved Universal, it is definitely a whole different experience than Disney. I would love to stay on site sometime, maybe stay a few days before switching over to a Disney resort. That extra hour sounds tempting!
Ripsaw Falls surprised to bejeezus out of me! I expected a nice tame family friendly log flume, this ride was crazy! And I got soaked! I loved it, but don't go on expecting to stay dry! LOL Splash is hit or miss, I think this is a 100% hit all times LOL
Thank you so much for following along :)

Mr. Google is your friend I'm sure there's a recipe for Butterbeer out there. I found one for Pumpkin Juice:) good luck
I found one! I just have to get my behind to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients! :)

HURRY!! I NEED MORE!!
I AM TRYING!!! LOL, sorry was away to Cape May this weekend.. will be back reporting soon!!!

So glad you enjoyed Universal! I was the same way about Hogsmeade...it just left me speechless! Also YES Universal needs to deliver butterbeer! I would pay a pretty penny for that.
I would pay serious amounts of money for Butterbeer... guess it would take away from the experience if they sold it in stores but man, I have such a craving for it!

You know when Disney had those Star Wars weekends, and Vader & Boba Fett danced to Michael Jackson?
That's why.
Funny enough, it took actually buying Star Wars for Disney to treat that property with respect.
I guess competition is a good things, because the parks seem to be pumping out these immersive lands! Keep 'em coming! I'm excited for Star Wars and Pandora and now Nintendo! Keep at is Disney vs Uni! :p

I agree that Uni/IOA's theming is pretty top notch (in some areas), however you don't get that warm fuzzy feeling that you do at Disney. And for me that's EVERYTHING!
I agree, Universal is super awesome, but it is NOT Disney. I think from reading everyone's advice and reports, I was able to go in with the right mindset which made my experience all the better!

I'm so glad you loved Riverside as much as me :) it truly is beautiful.
Chris loves the comment about the best driver, he has a cheeky grin now - and he is so pleased you liked hulk it's one of his favourites.
And .... I did warn you about that ride and getting wet so I'm not surprised you got soaked.
We too experienced reign of Kong for the first time and the queue freaked me out more than the ride, people jumping out etc. When we went to Universal the second time we did first thing and luckily there were no live actors but I was still freaking out just in case.
That milkshake looks yum and is now on my list for next year.
And I guess not having experienced target we don't know what we are missing. Maybe if there is one local to Disney we can try to find it next year.
Riverside is soooooo gorgeous, I loved every little thing about it! Not sure if I can get up to your status of over 100 nights there! But I will try LOL!
Chris was an awesome driver, maybe when he retires he can drive the Disney buses LOL! I tell Joe all the time I want to retire to Orlando!
Kong's queue was definitely scarier than the actual ride! I'm glad people ahead of me screamed so I wasn't caught off guard! I would be totally traumatized if that man just reached out and grabbed me!
Definitely try the milkshake, I loved it! Does it count as ice cream? Haha

I am loving your TR so far! Your writing style is so entertaining, I feel like I'm experiencing this trip right along with you! Also, your photo taking skills are not as bad as you make them out to be, I actually think that they're pretty good for in-park photos! At least you take them, I'm always too caught up in the moment to take photos and I always regret it when I get home.

I'm looking forward to hear more about your time at Uni!

Thank you for your sweet compliments! I am glad you can take a trip along with me, it sure was a fun one! :) And I swear, I try to capture only really important photos, ones that will really mean something to me when I get home, and then I think I just go a little bit nuts. I vow to try and be more in the moment for my next trip! Glad you are following along :)

I am loving your TR!! It is helping me get through the days until my next WDW trip in Feb. Harry Potter at Universal is amazing! The frozen Butterbeer is the best! We ended our last trip at Universal and while we enjoyed it, it just didn't have the Disney magic. I think it is better that you did Universal in the middle of your trip.
Thanks for the tip about the Kong queue. I have been looking forward to experiencing this ride but will be ready and watching for the wild grabbing man!
I agree frozen was the way to go. It was my absolute favorite! Although I did not try hot...But it was in the 80s so I don't think I would have enjoyed it hot. Who knows! There's always next time! Haha~ Feb will be here before you know it, enjoy your countdown! I am so sad mine is over! Deleting my countdown app was one of the saddest things of returning home! :(

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 7th

Alright, I am coming back down to reality. But the hype about Butterbeer? It’s real.

776E3563-8366-4EB5-9AE0-3050DF546EA6_zpsjupjmw7z.jpg

We strolled our way around the stores and I had to keep reminding myself this was a theme park. I can’t even explain how amazing this area is! I didn’t even take many photos because I think I was so overwhelmed with how picturesque it all looked in person.

We then waited about 20 minutes for Flight of the Hippogriff. It was a cute little ride! After, we headed over to the Dragon Challenge. It was only a 5 minute wait! We rode the Chinese Fireball then got right back in line to ride the Hungarian Horntail. It wasn’t even a 5 minute wait; it just took 5 minutes to make it through the queue! Joe and I couldn’t decide which one we liked more. I said the tracks were the same, and he said I was crazy. Are they the same? Am I crazy? (Don’t answer that.)

Joe took this sad and lonely picture of me, and thankfully a couple offered to take one of us together if we would do the same for them. Universal, get photopass! LOL

4ECD0D00-ED0D-403B-825F-BFA8DE3C6545_zpsblarbant.jpg

DF47ABED-8585-4D7D-900B-C95A0AE6E34F_zpsmnr49xqx.jpg

18E475BC-A95D-4C1C-ABA2-1F12D49AD544_zpslotlnn46.jpg

06DE44B1-DD30-4D30-9ADD-1DD2E9B46ED3_zpssecsstlv.jpg

Sadly, my hair is hot mess from being sopping wet and then blown dry by roller coasters. Guess Hermione would be proud! These photos don’t do it justice.

We spent a good chunk of time in Hogsmeade; it was getting to be close to 5 PM. We decided we would ride the Hogwarts Express over to Diagon Alley and then call it a day. We felt like we had accomplished a lot for our first day at Universal! And our second wind was dying out..

D969198F-D657-4236-8BE3-345E64F0EB13_zpsnxlbhizh.jpg

C3F7A41F-4B42-44E4-859B-E63F92991772_zpsodh2pluf.jpg

843B2BAB-8F09-4D9B-A92E-C0B5AD1A428B_zpsoggnncm4.jpg

The Hogwarts Express was just like the movies! I applaud Universal so much for their portrayal of the Wizarding World. I don’t think it could be any better, everything is seriously so perfect. It's the movie to a T. If I had to dream up a Harry Potter land, Universal's surpasses anything my own imagination could create. It's honestly all I could have wanted and more. I could cry now just remembering!

We hurried off the train and waved good-bye to Harry Potter for the day! We didn’t want to spoil our second Uni day by peeking at Diagon Alley, so toward the exit we went!

As we were walking through the Studios, I spied the new Jimmy Fallon ride.
What is this ride going to be anyway? I am not sure how I feel about this attraction, but Joe and I usually have him on before bed so I had to snap a picture!
70470C61-5C4C-46B7-97E9-32D0BD335E01_zpss1qtcvgd.jpg

Or two! LOL

780D8E67-56F7-486B-9E4C-AB67F4898D65_zpsrj1r6wbh.jpg

People give me the strangest looks and I have not a clue why!

I also spotted MILEY on the way out. I don’t care what any of you say, I love Miley Cyrus! Go team Miley! I hope she wins the voice!

54F42206-DB7D-452E-A669-C699954EED1F_zpsgzks3xh6.jpg

We headed out of the park and I captured this high quality picture of the Universal globe. Is that what it’s called?

C992B09D-C7FE-4B74-A635-4ED58B59C587_zps8qegccyu.jpg

I kept thinking back to when I used to watch Nickelodeon and everything was always filmed at Universal Studios. I remember there was this show where they would always have the kids sitting in a chair and they would get pie in their face and at the end a squirrel would water ski by this globe. Does anyone know what I am talking about? ANYWAYS, the Nicole of my childhood would be super proud that I finally made it here!

We ubered home, it was 12 bucks! I couldn’t believe it! I had set aside 100 dollars for transportation to and from Universal. 12 bucks? OKAY! And even though we were completely exhausted, we made a pit stop before heading to our room!

91D363DE-8F0C-4D03-A6B6-EA08F96693D1_zpsbbdg7wii.jpg

Pina Colava

9E8FFAE8-4BB2-4245-BDDC-4AE5D4BCEF92_zps6guy8yjl.jpg

Joe made friends at the bar and they bought us fireball shots. Ummmm, I guess it’s 5’o’clock somewhere? Joe makes friends everywhere! Haha! They were here for their grandmother’s birthday and they told us we had to check out the Boardwalk. We talked for a bit and I tried to figure out if there was any way we could squeeze this into our plans!

988FC61C-C58E-41D0-ABBE-32DF7D8727A0_zpsrtxlpjxj.jpg

We each got another drink to go, and decided to bid our new friends adieu.

I don’t know if I was drunk on alcohol, or love for my trip thus far, so I made Joe take a Nicole classic. Me standing with a random pole.

34021AB0-D2CF-4259-AE4D-D3FAA3400C04_zpsns2am0ee.jpg

DFE19BA2-3049-47F3-8DCE-575F23007F1A_zpsanohcscw.jpg

Got back to the room, took off our shoes, and turned on some Stacy. We contemplated watching the news for a bit, considering the presidential election was tomorrow, but decided against it! Who needs real news when you can watch the must-dos! We finally settled on turning out the lights and taking a little powernap. But first, I finished my Pina Colava in bed.

1FE785C7-D46B-4FE7-B6F9-78C50ADDF536_zpseuphjbsa.jpg

The things ya do on vacation. This trip report is a no judgment zone. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom