Trip Report *COMPLETED* No Ring (delayed), No Rivers Light, & Donald Duck’s the President

As I stir my pasta noodles for dinner, a single tear slides down my cheek. DEPRESSION. It’s cold, it’s dark, and I am home…this unfamiliar place that is not my Disney World hotel room. (PLUS WHY AM I COOKING?!) This cold Philadelphia air chills me to the core, and when I woke up this morning I contemplated chucking my cell phone out the window. I knew my alarm was waking me up for work, not to catch a Disney bus. What is this life?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY does it have to end?! The hardest part of planning, and changing your plans, and obsessing over your plans, and then finally living out your plans is the part at the end. The part where it’s all over, it’s all done, and going on a Disney website, or checking a restaurant menu is like pouring salt on an open wound.

As you can tell from my title, no I didn’t get my Disney World proposal and no I didn’t get to see Rivers of Light. Thought I would throw all the heartbreak right at you from the get go, so we can move on to happier memories. (This just means my boyfriend owes me a BIGGER diamond, and a trip back! Maybe when ROL opens?!)

I have just returned from the most fabulous trip to Disney, and I am already itching to go back. I am trying to convince someone, anyone (hello out there!) to book a weekend getaway… That’s the thing with Disney, they always leave you wanting more! Unless it’s it just something us Disney addicts feel, we are always eager for our next fix!

For those who don’t know me, I’m Nicole, and I love Disney World. I have loved Disney World for 11 years now. (This is how they start these meetings right?!)

FE835E30-2B05-42E3-AC2A-28B52A934E2B_zpssokjhylt.jpg

I was in the Disney bubble from November 4th to November 13th and it was not enough time. NOT ENOUGH TIME I TELL YOU!!! I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and fell truly, madly, and deeply in love with this BEAUTIFUL riverside resort. My last two trips have been in July and August, and I think those trips (in the summer nonetheless) were MUCH less crowded. SO MANY PEOPLE! It was the end of a race weekend, the last week of food and wine, NJ teacher convention week, and election week. One word of advice, DO NOT EVER GO AT THIS TIME! (keep rereading the go at as goat LOL)

Let’s begin!

November 4th-

Our flight was not until 5:50 PM Friday night. I originally was planning to work in the morning, but it turned out I was able to take the whole day off. Of course I woke up super early with excitement, did all my last minute packing, and then stared at the clock for hours on end. Go figure!

CFF8A16B-E3B6-415B-8571-A9DADEE5B881_zpswmtft2zw.png

This text arrived and my anxiety immediately started kicking in. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! Will we not have room? Will they downgrade us to a tent along the riverbank? Will I have to fight off alligators and zika mosquitoes while sleeping outside? My boyfriend tried to calm my fears, and decided we should get a move on it. Airport here we come!

SEPTA was on strike (public transportation buses, etc) so of course traffic was nightmare! I tried my hardest not to freak out and bite off all my nails before even reaching Orlando.

D1CFAF7B-AB66-4105-A88F-1B71C44450D5_zpsxlfnsmus.jpg

After what seemed like forever, we made it! Hustled through security and straight for the bar!

60AE4E92-A7BF-4E19-B268-91FBF98DFA7A_zpso0ftiut2.jpg

Round 1

03FBEE83-CACE-4B42-A55A-F71944EB8276_zpsx039ncow.jpg

Round 2

4887B6FC-ABF2-4CED-B60A-A02FC82E43BE_zpsrecgid4e.jpg

Round 3—oops?

2F886687-D05C-43E1-8645-E74B01EDE1F2_zpsgob94hfj.jpg

And our first food picture of the trip! Chicken tenders! My anxiety was so high all day that I forgot to eat, and I was feeling pretty tipsy. Food is always a good idea!

We paid our tab, and decided to wait by the gate for our magical plane to Orlando! TAKE ME HOME BABY!!!

8BABCCC3-8265-48BB-BCC3-E5DAF156EA33_zpshz79ihgu.jpg

Ummm.. where is our plane?

E6D9AC7F-8DA7-4399-9AC9-733C02DC834A_zpsujuaa1nn.jpg

Come to find out our flight is delayed until 7 PM… I was too hyper and couldn’t sit still so off we went to check out the airport shops and burn off some energy.

We stumbled upon this wonderful sight, and couldn’t resist.

C1D8A85C-A69F-4490-B307-E432C68FBC09_zpsza90wlol.jpg

3C5D42D8-2A0B-4C70-9686-13BFD45EC0CC_zpswsfgeqd5.jpg

So much for trying to stay hungry to use up those quick service meals tonight!

The time ticked by soooooooooooo slowly. We watched a woman scream at the American Airlines attendant because he was making her check her bag… SCREAM. She kept threatening him, saying she was going to call Disney and tell them he ruined her trip. There was a family standing beside us, and they told the father he had to go on a later flight because they oversold the plane, and even he didn’t go as ballistic as this woman. Getting to Disney is stressful people!

Soon I was admiring this stunning view. HAPPY PLACE HERE I COME!

E5E3526E-82C9-49A4-AFFA-0B9B9CFCF22F_zpsenw2unjz.jpg

And we’re off!

5BB8E543-68A5-47FC-8F92-6138612BE98A_zps2sdvsm7r.jpg

Our flight was quick and painless, and soon the announcement came on that we arrived in Orlando!! A little boy a few rows behind us screamed out “NOOOOOOOO, we went to the wrong place! We are supposed to be in Disney World!”

I showed my boyfriend what I pro I was at maneuvering through the Orlando airport, B side, you can’t hide from me! My Mickey turned green and all my anxiety from earlier in the day melted away. The familiar aroma of the Orlando airport, the big Mickey hands waving you home, the smiling cast member’s faces, it didn’t matter if I’d be sleeping in a river, I was here!

77C06C58-A998-4E94-96FF-EF2F9C4F016E_zpspqch4zsc.jpg

Our magical express filled up quickly, and I didn’t even mind that we were one of the last stops. I soaked up that arrival feeling, the feeling that a full trip is ahead of you, that this really is the ultimate moment of beginning, that the possibilities are truly endless. Plus, it gave me more time to answer trivia questions! I think everyone on the bus thought I was psycho with the amount I got right!

714FB09D-BCC2-41CD-BB79-D7DF229D4469_zpseyas2cwx.jpg

46DF5011-04CD-4D8F-AFBA-F965D692D8E4_zpssjj7tdnn.jpg

And off we drove into the night. Even though the sign wasn’t lit up due to construction, I still felt it. The transition to being “on property”. That butterflies fluttering in your stomach feeling, when you know you’ve truly been welcomed home.

BoardwalkGlenn

Nov 5th

We were put in the back of a log… would we get wet back here?!

In the famous works of Stacy, “YOU’RE GONNA GET WETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!”

Loving the report! Port Orleans Riverside might be my favorite resort. And when you asked "would we get wet back here?", I was already channeling Stacy saying "You're gonna get wet." Too funny!

njDizFan

I love hearing that you are Animal Kingdom FanGirl! Love that park, it's just the little details everywhere. It is without a doubt the most immersive park that I have every been to.

And thanks for taking on the role as the WDWMagic resident FoL stalker...somebody had to do it.

Golden Monkey for breakfast....whew that was brave. Having a fun time following along, coming from a current NJ resident to an Ex(can't ever get Jersey out of you).

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
You got to see the tiger - so cool! She wasn't out when we were there. And I can't believe that I missed the frozen coke! I love them. I get them at home all the time - even during the winter (it's a must whenever I go to Target).

I must try to watch more things at AK. Thanks for pointing out all the interesting things to do there!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Ok. Finally caught up!
I'll have you know, I have been neglecting my own TR to read this one!

I'm so bummed he didn't propose, but my husband did the same sort of thing to me!
We had been together for years, and we planned to go on a cruise. Our first vacation alone. Everyone. EVERYONE was saying he was bound to propose.
"It's so romantic!"
"He'd be stupid not to!"
"You've been together forever. It's time"
I totally thought he would, but then he totally didn't :-(
Not long after, on a random Sunday afternoon (when I wasn't expecting anything!!) he proposed. That sneaky punk caught me totally off-gaurd, which is what I think he wanted. :)
Thank you so so so much for sharing this with me. I swear, I did not want to go to work on Monday when I returned home and face my coworkers without a ring. I think everyone around me hyped it up so much, and I think in the end it just wasn't the right time. It would be totally obvious, and I think my boyfriend and your husband may have that "surprise" element in common. Hoping for a ring soon, and I'm so thankful I had the most fantastic wonderful trip regardless. Thank you again for commenting, you really brightened my day! Now get to work on your report! :p

March is a great time of year not hot and not cold (ok last year the day after we checked in the temps were in the 40's but warmed up into the 70's, after that high 70's and low 80's all week. The same the year before minus the 40 degree morning. This past March we went the week of Easter and still was not bad at all, we used up our fast passes added more as well as waited in line for Peter pan, Space Mountain, and a few others with no more than a 35-40 min wait.

DVC we love it so much after purchasing VGF on our March 2015 trip, after we returned from our March trip this year we purchased Poly. Nothing like free vacation stays (ok well after annual dues but they are not bad at all) for the next 49 and 50 years at the mouse house. Something you two really should look at especially if you plan to visit more often.
I must look into March! I really wish my best friend, who is also a Disney lover, was not a teacher! BAH! LOL.. and I really need to look into DVC. Who needs a mortgage payment when you can have DVC? But seriously, with the amount that I go and errr.. want to go, it does make sense :)

I am a bit ashamed to admit that I have NEVER eaten at Flame Tree BBQ. See, I am also a creature of habit! I have told myself time and time again to try somewhere different (specifically Flame Tree), but I somehow ALWAYS end up at Restaurantosaurus...don't ask me why LOL. I solemnly swear to try Flame Tree on my next trip...it's happening!

This is my worst nightmare! I am allergic to bee stings and I can sometimes be bad about carrying around my EpiPen. Stupid bee.

So true. Makes waiting in line a lot more bearable. It's the one thing I always point out when we go to our local theme park...no comparison to Disney!

It's always the little things that we take for granted that are so sweet. We've all got a free child like spirit somewhere within us and it's going back to Disney that really brings it out! Glad to see Joe in this same state! You guys are freaking adorable!

Swwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Have you tried to cream cheese or jalapeno pretzels? I liked the cream cheese one - got it in MK at the Launching Pad...wasn't quite what I was expecting as it was pretty sweet. DH loved the jalapeno one. All in all..nothing really beats a Mickey Pretzel!

Okay, we have to make a pact, next time you go to AK you'll try Flame Tree and next time I go I'll try Restaurantosaurus! Pinky promise? LOL.. and I never found the jalapeño pretzels, but I did try the cream cheese. Idk though, I think the plain Mickey head with cheese was my favorite. And please remember to carry around your Epipen! Bees are mean!!! Have the prices of Epipens gone down? I remember reading all about them in the news and being thankful I wasn't deathly allergic because I couldn't afford those pens! Such crazyness that pharmaceuticals can do that! UGH!

Those Flame Tree fries looked heavenly! I am a lover of Animal Kingdom, too.
THEY WERE! If you have a chance, try them! You won't regret it!! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Loving the report! Port Orleans Riverside might be my favorite resort. And when you asked "would we get wet back here?", I was already channeling Stacy saying "You're gonna get wet." Too funny!

Haha, Stacy just gets stuck in your head! I loved Riverside.. I want to go back! And I love that it has two different sections, so technically if I do go back, it'll be like trying a new resort! LOL

I love hearing that you are Animal Kingdom FanGirl! Love that park, it's just the little details everywhere. It is without a doubt the most immersive park that I have every been to.

And thanks for taking on the role as the WDWMagic resident FoL stalker...somebody had to do it.

Golden Monkey for breakfast....whew that was brave. Having a fun time following along, coming from a current NJ resident to an Ex(can't ever get Jersey out of you).
I will always be a Jersey girl! I still don't fit in here in PA! AHHH!! I even have to pump gas! What is this life? But I am a total AK fangirl, they need to hire me as a spokesperson or something! I will always be the RoL stalker- until the day I can see the show with my own two eyes! Hope it's soon! And I am like Merida- so brave for having beer for breakfast :p And then riding a coaster! LOL

You got to see the tiger - so cool! She wasn't out when we were there. And I can't believe that I missed the frozen coke! I love them. I get them at home all the time - even during the winter (it's a must whenever I go to Target).

I must try to watch more things at AK. Thanks for pointing out all the interesting things to do there!

Thanks for promising me to try to watch for more things at AK. That makes me happier than you'll ever know! Frozen cokes are soooo freaking good. I need to make them at home! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 6th

It was soon time to travel back to prehistoric times. Didn't you know AK has an instant time machine? UM, YES. :) I was initially very upset that Dinosaur would still be down for refurbishment, but I just reminded myself I would be back, and I would be riding again in the future.(When I got the e-mail that I my Fastpass from Dinosaur was changed to Primeval Whirl while out grocery shopping, I may have said a few choice words in front of some children in the cereal aisle. Oops!)

C5DC4FB4-C04E-4A6F-A9BC-A09105929D81_zps1su2losm.jpg

Joe couldn’t even remember what the Dinosaur ride was, so it was no big loss for him. Guess being forgetful has it's perks!

FBC321BE-96A6-4B99-98A6-949C534950ED_zpsekkhgogn.jpg

We decided to play some carnival games- I know people always hate on this area but we had a great time! At first, we got beat by a 5 year old girl, but for round 2 Joe won! Wahoo!

EA62EBD1-7FA9-4419-82F4-E64347270E62_zpsc0s8omxe.jpg

Then Joe shot some hoops, I am terrible at anything to do with basketball, which is unfortunate because I am sort of tall! I sat this round out. Go Joe!

56B29E89-5D0E-44D7-8B0B-F185CEF9B7E5_zpsalusrnof.jpg

We then waited about 10 minutes for Primeval Whirl (screw you fastpass switcheroo!); this ride reminds me of my childhood spent on the Seaside Heights boardwalk. (The Jersey Shore location that had the roller coaster fall into the ocean during Hurricane Sandy.) Primeval Whirl jerks you left and right and spins you all round, and round, and round... Joe said it was like the Tilt-a-Whirl on steroids. I think it reminds me of the Cat and Mouse Coaster from the shore. Guess it really is a mixture of both! We enjoyed it, but thought it was a “one and done” type of ride for the trip. LOL

4184B45F-0540-4CF6-9940-DD2F82EA603B_zpskuzd8joe.jpg

I kept checking the wait times for Everest and Kali, hoping we could squeeze in another ride before dinner. Unfortunately, Everest wait times were hovering between 60-80 minutes so we settled on Kali for 20 minutes. Wet for dinner? It’d be nothing new!

87CF81C1-B37C-43E1-95FF-0C442810FA72_zpsvrcosamw.jpg

Back downstream we floated!

We escaped with minimal damage. Again, our raft turned at the right moment for us to avoid a tidal wave of water! Just a little splash on my shirt, and Joe on his arms.. we wouldn't look too terrible for our dining reservation! :)

Afterwards, I had to stop and check and see if any commotion was occurring at the RoL theater, but sadly no one was home.

3331411F-7884-4E74-8C45-7F3C4A5A8F3C_zpszuwrangs.jpg

I kept hearing that is would premiere mid-November, and would soft open sometime around Halloween, but all is still quiet regarding this project! HELLO OUT THERE?! The cast previews that happened this past weekend have me super hopeful that it will open soon, but even they seemed to suggest they didn't see the show in it's entirety. 7 months delayed, and still no opening date. :(
My friend has an season pass and she's linked to my My Disney Experience App, so I stalk all the time to see if I can find a fastpass... Her annual pass expires the end of December, and I will be heartbroken when I cannot check this anymore! I am psycho, I know!!!! (Don't remind me) Nothing at all was happening the night we were at AK. I looked far and wide... the river was dark. I was hoping to catch a glimpse of them testing the floats, but no such luck. I guess it makes me feel a teensy tiny bit better that I didn’t miss is by just a day… someone messaged me saying the 18th and it broke my heart, but that has came and went so I don’t feel so heartbroken anymore. RoL please come soon! I could ramble on forever about ROL... but I will save you all.

We stopped to watch Chakranadi (a talented music duo) and they were honestly amazing! If you closed your eyes, you were instantly transported to India. According to my Times Guide, they play traditional Indian music and seasonal tunes. The music was mesmerizing, so many people stopped to listen. It’s the type music that takes you to a different time and place.

ABA56767-73E0-4A58-879F-7254BD3E1F92_zpslsvkotb4.jpg

We could have stood and listened for hours, but it was fast approaching ADR time. Dinner tonight was a new one for both of us!

EC8FB14E-9A3D-41F1-98B7-769008DAD8D6_zpscydsafxo.jpg

I was so excited to be trying a new restaurant, and to be eating DINNER in my favorite park. Usually, AK closed too early to justify eating dinner there, but with more nighttime hours, it was a perfect opportunity! Disney bucket list getting it's check marks! :)

D8824F86-1C33-4417-828C-A5F0C31F7CFB_zpsbgokyjvx.jpg

Joe and I debated back and forth between numerous entrees, but in the end we both picked the Kobe beef burger.
Did I mention we are boring? LOL

DA0C1539-F2A5-48F2-A316-CB8537C36E54_zpsx324cfyj.jpg

We soon realized that we probably should not have eaten that pretzel earlier. These burgers were huge! HUMONGOUS. I was soon full, and felt like I had been eating for awhile! Turns out, I still had most of my burger left. EPIC FAIL. Joe and I were both down for the count, Double fail! We were in a giggly food coma; we kept challenging the other to take one more bite.You know that point where you're so full you get giddy? That was us.

Joe told me he was going to ask for a box and I looked at him dumbfounded. “You can’t ask for a box at Disney!” I told him… “Why not?” he replied. In all my years of Disney, I had never gotten one, and was surprised the thought never even crossed my mind. It turns out, yes you can get a box, so we did and requested our dessert to go. (WHAT?!) Guess even a “Disney expert” can learn some tips and tricks from a newbie!

Bye-bye Yak and Yeti, you were SOOOO GOOD! I will most definitely be back!

4380EB6E-E6F2-4414-91A6-90743C2E5B18_zpsn98lhibz.jpg

Before dinner, I thought we could for sure squeeze in another ride on Everest when we finished our meal. After dinner, not so much. We had 4 boxes of food, our stomachs were overflowing, and Joe told me I was not normal wanting to go on thrill rides after eating. LOL, doesn't he know I'm not normal by now! We slowly strolled/waddled to the front of the park. It was now dark outside and AK looked so beautiful at night. It radiated this glow that I can’t even put into words.

We managed to make it to the front of the park just in time to see some Tree of Life Awakenings. My hands were full, so I didn’t take any pictures! Here are some shots that do the show more justice than I could capture anyway!

0FDDC622-8F58-4161-8B40-6A7248BFC510_zpsz0h6eubq.jpg

84339A02-2351-44CE-ACE5-6DCC20238DE3_zpsbctnyu0z.jpg

8A3B9B8D-FB41-441B-AD5A-AD42C1679543_zps2bnhhaxz.jpg

This show is not to be missed! It was so unique to see these projections on the TREE OF LIFE of all park icons. It was so heart-warming. Joe and I “Ooohed” and “Ahhhhed” at how dazzling this show was. I could go on and on (and on and on) about how happy I am that AK is finally getting the love and recognition it deserves. But I will spare you, and just tell you to stay all day, enjoy the new, embrace the old, and fall in love all over again with AK!

We hopped on the bus and made our way back to Riverside; we needed to freshen up and put away our leftovers. I was also able to eat a small little snack..
2CB551FD-ABC3-490C-BE4D-5FB050025FFA_zps9g2nhsik.jpg

Its fortune seems right, don’t ya think? ;)

7AB84FA5-52D0-46D4-A961-A58EA8EE6572_zpsvmo8le5s.jpg

Although our beds looked tempting, we couldn’t rest for long… we had places to be and people to meet! ;)

6AD94D96-520C-4A0A-8087-0F0344D6F1DB_zpsmscl7nm8.jpg

This paparazzi style photo was all I could manage as we booked it through Epcot! The crowds were there in the masses, we had to bob and weave through strollers, single wide and double wide! My toes even got run over a few times! HOW RUDE! Joe contemplated pushing me a stroller because I couldn't maneuver the crowds like he could… would we make it in time for the WDWmagic meetup? Joe kept telling me I was being cat-fished, would I prove him wrong? ;) :p

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 6th

So if you’ve followed @Longers live trip report, you will know that I was not being catfished! Take that, Joe! WDWmagic people are real!

It was like an obstacle course to get to over to the Rose and Crown, I kept checking the time, it was nearing 8:30! I was freaking out that I would miss them, but we arrived with a few minutes to spare. We fought the crowd into the bar, and Joe and I each got a drink. I swear this was like a blind date, would I be stood up?!

Joe kept asking if I knew who I was looking for, and I kept reminding him that the people are WDWmagic are my friends! Of course I did. We waited inside for a bit, before I finally checked my phone and saw @Doc Disney and @Longers were outside!

And then it happened! Three Disney lovers all together! :)

BC844A61-E29B-4C1A-B232-205565E2D46F_zpsnkfknryk.jpeg

9BD151E3-7E6E-4965-A5B5-BE2722B2F829_zpsitbhh2mn.jpg

D5F01064-4046-404F-91B8-9BAC32E695E2_zpsk4qkhuww.jpg

60CDCF6D-15ED-43EE-BE5B-DE095C6E8079_zpskpzlwfhi.jpg

We chatted for a bit, it was all so surreal! We discussed what we had done already, what our plans were for the next few days, and how we couldn’t believe this moment was finally here! We had been trying to work out a time and place that would work for the 3 of us for awhile now! Coordinating three trips with fastpasses and ADRs is a hard task! I guess it was a good thing Rivers of Light was still delayed; otherwise I would have never had the privilege to meet these lovely ladies! I guess things really do happen for a reason! :)

The announcement came on that Illuminations would soon be starting, so we said our good-byes! I am so thankful for the forums, for connecting Disney obsessed individuals! It’s nice to know you are not alone! I need more WDWmagic meetups in my life! @Doc Disney and @Longers truly are the sweetest people :inlove:

Joe hurried and grabbed us another round of drinks, I was drinking Strongbow Cider and I really liked it! I never had it before…I do this thing where I like to try new things at Disney, because then when I have it again it will bring back Disney memories. I also always bring a new perfume, and shampoo, so then when I buy them again and smell the scent I am reminded of Disney. Okay, I’m weird I know!

26D718E8-B29B-4D2B-B20F-7DB1476BEF2A_zps9peefanq.jpg

Our Illuminations view was pretty terrible, but we knew we’d be back to watch again so it didn’t matter! I don’t remember the lasers being so prominent, it was awesome!

My sad photography skills on display.

346020A7-F225-48C0-B759-8D5FE005BCAA_zps4tpbktsm.jpg

I was getting all emotional, the music, the lasers, the fireworks, and the beautiful globe gliding out there on the water. (Hello lotus flower, take note!!!) Also when they blow out fire and all the lighting dims, I get the chills!

B0ECBF32-5052-4621-BCF2-33FCC3CF46F5_zpsjigdzps8.jpg

7DDD53B6-A610-42F1-AFBB-FD14C713EEB2_zpskxf6ihbh.jpg

I cried, as usual with Disney nighttime entertainment. “To share the light, and to share a story. An amazing story as old as time itself, but still being written” Narrator man, you get me every time. They should really hand out tissues for these things! LOL

7B6F5B4C-45A3-4E7A-AA5C-4C108F01382B_zps3pnpgdll.jpg

I cried through the whole finale, and then Joe made me get my act together! We had to man our way out of this place! The after race party was tonight, and Epcot was PACKED. Joe may have ripped my arm out of its socket trying to avoid head on collisions.

We cut through some “secret” paths, and made it up to the entrance.
6120797B-0992-46F6-A69E-CB726B9EBE8D_zpsaqjs8msp.jpg

I just had to stop and admire the glowing sidewalk! Disney magic!

1BD7A7FF-9790-48FE-AEA7-3C8CAC533333_zps6n8w4vjj.jpg

It was so strange to be in and out of Epcot in an hour. I felt like I had done something wrong! And coming in the park for the first time at night was super bizarre. Bye-bye Spaceship Earth, I promise we will return!

We had to wait for the second bus before it was finally time to go home! Joe and I were not amused…

49E57E6F-FFBD-49B8-8AE7-952010945D9C_zpslnz9pjeh.jpg

Of course we got back and I was amped up, I couldn’t just go to bed after this exciting night! Meeting friends, watching fireworks, running with the bulls... my heart was racing! We definitely weren't sleeping! So we decided to eat a midnight snack! Thank goodness for our Yak and Yeti leftovers!

6EDC8F78-E6CD-4ED1-A9AC-D11CA6DF06F2_zpsgamnbzfo.jpg

I had ordered the fried wontons as my dessert earlier, skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons complete with a honey vanilla drizzle. Joe and I chowed down… AMAZING. I swear I run out of adjectives to properly describe Disney food. I can’t even imagine how delicious these would have been if ate them right at the restaurant and didn’t take them to go! Yak and Yeti I will return! I PROMISE!

AFC5080E-55F9-437D-A955-6A3754DF1175_zpsbycb18jr.jpg

After stuffing my face, a true Disney tradition, it was now time to get ready for bed! Another exciting day lay ahead of us… our first time EVER at Universal! Would I like it? Would I hate leaving the bubble? Would I become a diehard Universal lover and swear off Disney forever? Would this be my last ever stay on Disney property and I'd soon be Uni girl?! (Ummmm… LOL)

D142DBE7-5D3E-48EA-8516-7DAF7B534D79_zpsjreujkyb.jpg

I like to call that my Kali River Rapid hairstyle. :happy: A quick brush and it was off to bed! The sweetest dreams are made of stomachs filled with fried wontons, and hearts filled with Disney friends. My belly was full, my heart was fuller. :)

Longers

Sounds like an amazing day- sorry you weren't able to go to bed after AK and so glad you came to meet up. I did say to Chris it might not have been the best time and place but as you say planning that meet up was a nightmare with fast pass and ADR's. (Do I spot one of my photos there? - lol)
Fancy Joe saying you were being catfished, now he knows we are real! Chris liked Joe's t shirt, we started to look for one but couldn't find one :(
And I found it a little strange heading to Epcot for the first time a bit later on in the day without really doing anything, maybe that's because normally we spend a whole day there and start first thing.
I feel like I am back there at the moment following your report which is easing my Disney depression - keep it coming! :)

mlegerto

Okay, we have to make a pact, next time you go to AK you'll try Flame Tree and next time I go I'll try Restaurantosaurus! Pinky promise? LOL.. and I never found the jalapeño pretzels, but I did try the cream cheese. Idk though, I think the plain Mickey head with cheese was my favorite. And please remember to carry around your Epipen! Bees are mean!!! Have the prices of Epipens gone down? I remember reading all about them in the news and being thankful I wasn't deathly allergic because I couldn't afford those pens! Such crazyness that pharmaceuticals can do that! UGH!

Ok, pinky promise. BUT...what if the next time we are there it is on our first join trip for my birthday in August LOL. Guess we will need 2 lunches ;). I still prefer the plain pretzel myself, but it was nice to try the other options as well. Plain Jane kinda gal over here! HAHA, yes I should be better about carrying my EpiPen around...everyone yells at me all the time. Bees are mean, you never know when they will attack haha. I actually live in Canada, so my EpiPens are covered by my works insurance! Thank God!

Joe told me he was going to ask for a box and I looked at him dumbfounded. “You can’t ask for a box at Disney!” I told him… “Why not?” he replied. In all my years of Disney, I had never gotten one, and was surprised the thought never even crossed my mind. It turns out, yes you can get a box, so we did and requested our dessert to go. (WHAT?!) Guess even a “Disney expert” can learn some tips and tricks from a newbie!
So we decided to eat a midnight snack! Thank goodness for our Yak and Yeti leftovers!

Ummm this is the BEST part of Disney dining - always too much food that you have left overs for a midnight snack. Geez....glad you finally got with the program Nicole LOL.

It was now dark outside and AK looked so beautiful at night. It radiated this glow that I can’t even put into words.

I cannot WAIT to see AK at night for the first time. To me the parks are always that much more memorizing during the night when there are lights and nightly shows, etc. Eeeeek! It looks beautiful. The tree looks amazing!

I am so thankful for the forums, for connecting Disney obsessed individuals! It’s nice to know you are not alone! I need more WDWmagic meetups in my life!

This is awesome! I will need to try and plan one for my next trip. It's funny how in my everyday life people are annoyed and just don't get my love of Disney (even DH who loves me, still thinks I'm a bit crazy LOL). But then you come here and we're all a little mad LOL

fractal

Nov 6th

So if you’ve followed @Longers live trip report, you will know that I was not being catfished! Take that, Joe! WDWmagic people are real!

It was like an obstacle course to get to over to the Rose and Crown, I kept checking the time, it was nearing 8:30! I was freaking out that I would miss them, but we arrived with a few minutes to spare. We fought the crowd into the bar, and Joe and I each got a drink. I swear this was like a blind date, would I be stood up?!

Joe kept asking if I knew who I was looking for, and I kept reminding him that the people are WDWmagic are my friends! Of course I did. We waited inside for a bit, before I finally checked my phone and saw @Doc Disney and @Longers were outside!

And then it happened! Three Disney lovers all together! :)

BC844A61-E29B-4C1A-B232-205565E2D46F_zpsnkfknryk.jpeg

9BD151E3-7E6E-4965-A5B5-BE2722B2F829_zpsitbhh2mn.jpg

D5F01064-4046-404F-91B8-9BAC32E695E2_zpsk4qkhuww.jpg

60CDCF6D-15ED-43EE-BE5B-DE095C6E8079_zpskpzlwfhi.jpg

We chatted for a bit, it was all so surreal! We discussed what we had done already, what our plans were for the next few days, and how we couldn’t believe this moment was finally here! We had been trying to work out a time and place that would work for the 3 of us for awhile now! Coordinating three trips with fastpasses and ADRs is a hard task! I guess it was a good thing Rivers of Light was still delayed; otherwise I would have never had the privilege to meet these lovely ladies! I guess things really do happen for a reason! :)

The announcement came on that Illuminations would soon be starting, so we said our good-byes! I am so thankful for the forums, for connecting Disney obsessed individuals! It’s nice to know you are not alone! I need more WDWmagic meetups in my life! @Doc Disney and @Longers truly are the sweetest people :inlove:

Joe hurried and grabbed us another round of drinks, I was drinking Strongbow Cider and I really liked it! I never had it before…I do this thing where I like to try new things at Disney, because then when I have it again it will bring back Disney memories. I also always bring a new perfume, and shampoo, so then when I buy them again and smell the scent I am reminded of Disney. Okay, I’m weird I know!

26D718E8-B29B-4D2B-B20F-7DB1476BEF2A_zps9peefanq.jpg

Our Illuminations view was pretty terrible, but we knew we’d be back to watch again so it didn’t matter! I don’t remember the lasers being so prominent, it was awesome!

My sad photography skills on display.

346020A7-F225-48C0-B759-8D5FE005BCAA_zps4tpbktsm.jpg

I was getting all emotional, the music, the lasers, the fireworks, and the beautiful globe gliding out there on the water. (Hello lotus flower, take note!!!) Also when they blow out fire and all the lighting dims, I get the chills!

B0ECBF32-5052-4621-BCF2-33FCC3CF46F5_zpsjigdzps8.jpg

7DDD53B6-A610-42F1-AFBB-FD14C713EEB2_zpskxf6ihbh.jpg

I cried, as usual with Disney nighttime entertainment. “To share the light, and to share a story. An amazing story as old as time itself, but still being written” Narrator man, you get me every time. They should really hand out tissues for these things! LOL

7B6F5B4C-45A3-4E7A-AA5C-4C108F01382B_zps3pnpgdll.jpg

I cried through the whole finale, and then Joe made me get my act together! We had to man our way out of this place! The after race party was tonight, and Epcot was PACKED. Joe may have ripped my arm out of its socket trying to avoid head on collisions.

We cut through some “secret” paths, and made it up to the entrance.
6120797B-0992-46F6-A69E-CB726B9EBE8D_zpsaqjs8msp.jpg

I just had to stop and admire the glowing sidewalk! Disney magic!

1BD7A7FF-9790-48FE-AEA7-3C8CAC533333_zps6n8w4vjj.jpg

It was so strange to be in and out of Epcot in an hour. I felt like I had done something wrong! And coming in the park for the first time at night was super bizarre. Bye-bye Spaceship Earth, I promise we will return!

We had to wait for the second bus before it was finally time to go home! Joe and I were not amused…

49E57E6F-FFBD-49B8-8AE7-952010945D9C_zpslnz9pjeh.jpg

Of course we got back and I was amped up, I couldn’t just go to bed after this exciting night! Meeting friends, watching fireworks, running with the bulls... my heart was racing! We definitely weren't sleeping! So we decided to eat a midnight snack! Thank goodness for our Yak and Yeti leftovers!

6EDC8F78-E6CD-4ED1-A9AC-D11CA6DF06F2_zpsgamnbzfo.jpg

I had ordered the fried wontons as my dessert earlier, skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons complete with a honey vanilla drizzle. Joe and I chowed down… AMAZING. I swear I run out of adjectives to properly describe Disney food. I can’t even imagine how delicious these would have been if ate them right at the restaurant and didn’t take them to go! Yak and Yeti I will return! I PROMISE!

AFC5080E-55F9-437D-A955-6A3754DF1175_zpsbycb18jr.jpg

After stuffing my face, a true Disney tradition, it was now time to get ready for bed! Another exciting day lay ahead of us… our first time EVER at Universal! Would I like it? Would I hate leaving the bubble? Would I become a diehard Universal lover and swear off Disney forever? Would this be my last ever stay on Disney property and I'd soon be Uni girl?! (Ummmm… LOL)

D142DBE7-5D3E-48EA-8516-7DAF7B534D79_zpsjreujkyb.jpg

I like to call that my Kali River Rapid hairstyle. :happy: A quick brush and it was off to bed! The sweetest dreams are made of stomachs filled with fried wontons, and hearts filled with Disney friends. My belly was full, my heart was fuller. :)

likes X100!

Doc Disney

We finally found the trails; I had heard they were just reopened so I wanted to make sure we checked them out. So much goes unnoticed at AK… sometimes you have to “stop and smell the roses” as the old saying goes.

My sister and I just discovered these! The views were amazing!!!

My friend has an season pass and she's linked to my My Disney Experience App, so I stalk all the time to see if I can find a fastpass... Her annual pass expires the end of December, and I will be heartbroken when I cannot check this anymore! I am psycho, I know!!!!

Mine doesn't expire until end of April, I can keep looking for you :)

I need more WDWmagic meetups in my life! @Doc Disney and @Longers truly are the sweetest people :inlove:

You are so sweet as well! I loved meeting you guys! I only wish I wasn't so exhausted. Stupid half marathon :confused:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Sounds like an amazing day- sorry you weren't able to go to bed after AK and so glad you came to meet up. I did say to Chris it might not have been the best time and place but as you say planning that meet up was a nightmare with fast pass and ADR's. (Do I spot one of my photos there? - lol)
Fancy Joe saying you were being catfished, now he knows we are real! Chris liked Joe's t shirt, we started to look for one but couldn't find one :(
And I found it a little strange heading to Epcot for the first time a bit later on in the day without really doing anything, maybe that's because normally we spend a whole day there and start first thing.
I feel like I am back there at the moment following your report which is easing my Disney depression - keep it coming! :)

Yes, I am sorry, I totally stole your picture. :p Mine looked sort of strange on the iPhone, so I had too! Please forgive me LOL... Joe actually got that shirt at Target, not sure if they have them in the UK! It's the only Disney shirt he owns, he must start expanding his Disney wardrobe if he plans to stick with me for life!
I am so happy I was not being catfished- we are all real people! LOL, there are multiple Disney lovers in the world!! It was so weird to head first thing into Epcot at night, and the head right back out! Glad I wasn't the only one who felt this, just proves our love for all the parks... I am glad you are reading, I am trying to write as much as I can with working 50 hours weeks... UGH CAN I GO BACK! I wish I was still reading yours LIVE in my PORS bed!

My sister and I were on the bus back to riverside with you. Joe nicely gave up his seat for someone. By the time I figured out it was you I realized I had been doing the how do I know her stare? Sorry about that :) so happy you're having an amazing trip. We did too!
Oh my goodness what a small world! I wish I could remember when it was! I honestly did not notice anyone ever staring at me on the buses, so you are off the hook! LOL!.. @Longers and I decided we need a WDWmagic hand symbol or something, to let people know it's us! Glad you had a wonderful trip, it went too fast!

Ok, pinky promise. BUT...what if the next time we are there it is on our first join trip for my birthday in August LOL. Guess we will need 2 lunches ;). I still prefer the plain pretzel myself, but it was nice to try the other options as well. Plain Jane kinda gal over here! HAHA, yes I should be better about carrying my EpiPen around...everyone yells at me all the time. Bees are mean, you never know when they will attack haha. I actually live in Canada, so my EpiPens are covered by my works insurance! Thank God!
Ummm this is the BEST part of Disney dining - always too much food that you have left overs for a midnight snack. Geez....glad you finally got with the program Nicole LOL.
I cannot WAIT to see AK at night for the first time. To me the parks are always that much more memorizing during the night when there are lights and nightly shows, etc. Eeeeek! It looks beautiful. The tree looks amazing!
This is awesome! I will need to try and plan one for my next trip. It's funny how in my everyday life people are annoyed and just don't get my love of Disney (even DH who loves me, still thinks I'm a bit crazy LOL). But then you come here and we're all a little mad LOL
2 lunches is always an option, you know I can eat! :) I loved the plain pretzel, the cream cheese one was really good, but I didn't expect the sweetness! Plus, the Mickey shape just gets me every time with the plains, plain janes for life! I will have to track down this jalapeño one you speak of, they always talk about it on the food blog! It must be really good, maybe it will steal first place! :)
Glad you live in Canada and don't have to worry about Epipens, thank goodness I was not allergic to that mean mean bee! I could not afford an Epipen living in the great ole USA (sarcasm) LOL
I am super glad I got with the dining program too! Now that I know you can take leftovers, I think my moderate refrigerators just took on a whole new meaning!
I cannot wait for you to experience AK at night. It is so gorgeous, I could cry right now thinking about it.

FYI, Y&Y also serves Golden Monkey;):D
20160404_171926.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHH I need to go back! I need a burger, fried wontons, and a golden monkey! This addiction is real!!!

likes X100!
:) :) :)

My sister and I just discovered these! The views were amazing!!!

Mine doesn't expire until end of April, I can keep looking for you :)

You are so sweet as well! I loved meeting you guys! I only wish I wasn't so exhausted. Stupid half marathon :confused:

You must keep the ROL dream alive! Keep checking that app! LOL.... and I was pretty exhausted too, can't imagine how you were feeling! I am just so happy that we got a chance amongst our busy days to meet up! It really would have been a shame if we didn't and were all there that same week!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
As I stir my pasta noodles for dinner, a single tear slides down my cheek. DEPRESSION. It’s cold, it’s dark, and I am home…this unfamiliar place that is not my Disney World hotel room. (PLUS WHY AM I COOKING?!) This cold Philadelphia air chills me to the core, and when I woke up this morning I contemplated chucking my cell phone out the window. I knew my alarm was waking me up for work, not to catch a Disney bus. What is this life?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY does it have to end?! The hardest part of planning, and changing your plans, and obsessing over your plans, and then finally living out your plans is the part at the end. The part where it’s all over, it’s all done, and going on a Disney website, or checking a restaurant menu is like pouring salt on an open wound.

As you can tell from my title, no I didn’t get my Disney World proposal and no I didn’t get to see Rivers of Light. Thought I would throw all the heartbreak right at you from the get go, so we can move on to happier memories. (This just means my boyfriend owes me a BIGGER diamond, and a trip back! Maybe when ROL opens?!)

I have just returned from the most fabulous trip to Disney, and I am already itching to go back. I am trying to convince someone, anyone (hello out there!) to book a weekend getaway… That’s the thing with Disney, they always leave you wanting more! Unless it’s it just something us Disney addicts feel, we are always eager for our next fix!

For those who don’t know me, I’m Nicole, and I love Disney World. I have loved Disney World for 11 years now. (This is how they start these meetings right?!)

FE835E30-2B05-42E3-AC2A-28B52A934E2B_zpssokjhylt.jpg

I was in the Disney bubble from November 4th to November 13th and it was not enough time. NOT ENOUGH TIME I TELL YOU!!! I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and fell truly, madly, and deeply in love with this BEAUTIFUL riverside resort. My last two trips have been in July and August, and I think those trips (in the summer nonetheless) were MUCH less crowded. SO MANY PEOPLE! It was the end of a race weekend, the last week of food and wine, NJ teacher convention week, and election week. One word of advice, DO NOT EVER GO AT THIS TIME! (keep rereading the go at as goat LOL)

Let’s begin!

November 4th-

Our flight was not until 5:50 PM Friday night. I originally was planning to work in the morning, but it turned out I was able to take the whole day off. Of course I woke up super early with excitement, did all my last minute packing, and then stared at the clock for hours on end. Go figure!

CFF8A16B-E3B6-415B-8571-A9DADEE5B881_zpswmtft2zw.png

This text arrived and my anxiety immediately started kicking in. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! Will we not have room? Will they downgrade us to a tent along the riverbank? Will I have to fight off alligators and zika mosquitoes while sleeping outside? My boyfriend tried to calm my fears, and decided we should get a move on it. Airport here we come!

SEPTA was on strike (public transportation buses, etc) so of course traffic was nightmare! I tried my hardest not to freak out and bite off all my nails before even reaching Orlando.

D1CFAF7B-AB66-4105-A88F-1B71C44450D5_zpsxlfnsmus.jpg

After what seemed like forever, we made it! Hustled through security and straight for the bar!

60AE4E92-A7BF-4E19-B268-91FBF98DFA7A_zpso0ftiut2.jpg

Round 1

03FBEE83-CACE-4B42-A55A-F71944EB8276_zpsx039ncow.jpg

Round 2

4887B6FC-ABF2-4CED-B60A-A02FC82E43BE_zpsrecgid4e.jpg

Round 3—oops?

2F886687-D05C-43E1-8645-E74B01EDE1F2_zpsgob94hfj.jpg

And our first food picture of the trip! Chicken tenders! My anxiety was so high all day that I forgot to eat, and I was feeling pretty tipsy. Food is always a good idea!

We paid our tab, and decided to wait by the gate for our magical plane to Orlando! TAKE ME HOME BABY!!!

8BABCCC3-8265-48BB-BCC3-E5DAF156EA33_zpshz79ihgu.jpg

Ummm.. where is our plane?

E6D9AC7F-8DA7-4399-9AC9-733C02DC834A_zpsujuaa1nn.jpg

Come to find out our flight is delayed until 7 PM… I was too hyper and couldn’t sit still so off we went to check out the airport shops and burn off some energy.

We stumbled upon this wonderful sight, and couldn’t resist.

C1D8A85C-A69F-4490-B307-E432C68FBC09_zpsza90wlol.jpg

3C5D42D8-2A0B-4C70-9686-13BFD45EC0CC_zpswsfgeqd5.jpg

So much for trying to stay hungry to use up those quick service meals tonight!

The time ticked by soooooooooooo slowly. We watched a woman scream at the American Airlines attendant because he was making her check her bag… SCREAM. She kept threatening him, saying she was going to call Disney and tell them he ruined her trip. There was a family standing beside us, and they told the father he had to go on a later flight because they oversold the plane, and even he didn’t go as ballistic as this woman. Getting to Disney is stressful people!

Soon I was admiring this stunning view. HAPPY PLACE HERE I COME!

E5E3526E-82C9-49A4-AFFA-0B9B9CFCF22F_zpsenw2unjz.jpg

And we’re off!

5BB8E543-68A5-47FC-8F92-6138612BE98A_zps2sdvsm7r.jpg

Our flight was quick and painless, and soon the announcement came on that we arrived in Orlando!! A little boy a few rows behind us screamed out “NOOOOOOOO, we went to the wrong place! We are supposed to be in Disney World!”

I showed my boyfriend what I pro I was at maneuvering through the Orlando airport, B side, you can’t hide from me! My Mickey turned green and all my anxiety from earlier in the day melted away. The familiar aroma of the Orlando airport, the big Mickey hands waving you home, the smiling cast member’s faces, it didn’t matter if I’d be sleeping in a river, I was here!

77C06C58-A998-4E94-96FF-EF2F9C4F016E_zpspqch4zsc.jpg

Our magical express filled up quickly, and I didn’t even mind that we were one of the last stops. I soaked up that arrival feeling, the feeling that a full trip is ahead of you, that this really is the ultimate moment of beginning, that the possibilities are truly endless. Plus, it gave me more time to answer trivia questions! I think everyone on the bus thought I was psycho with the amount I got right!

714FB09D-BCC2-41CD-BB79-D7DF229D4469_zpseyas2cwx.jpg

46DF5011-04CD-4D8F-AFBA-F965D692D8E4_zpssjj7tdnn.jpg

And off we drove into the night. Even though the sign wasn’t lit up due to construction, I still felt it. The transition to being “on property”. That butterflies fluttering in your stomach feeling, when you know you’ve truly been welcomed home.

Pro Tip Friends don't let friends fly American (or United)

MerMom1981

Thank you so so so much for sharing this with me. I swear, I did not want to go to work on Monday when I returned home and face my coworkers without a ring. I think everyone around me hyped it up so much, and I think in the end it just wasn't the right time. It would be totally obvious, and I think my boyfriend and your husband may have that "surprise" element in common. Hoping for a ring soon, and I'm so thankful I had the most fantastic wonderful trip regardless. Thank you again for commenting, you really brightened my day! Now get to work on your report! :p

I must look into March! I really wish my best friend, who is also a Disney lover, was not a teacher! BAH! LOL.. and I really need to look into DVC. Who needs a mortgage payment when you can have DVC? But seriously, with the amount that I go and errr.. want to go, it does make sense :)

THEY WERE! If you have a chance, try them! You won't regret it!! :)

I'm glad it helped!
Fnding the man you want to marry is equal parts awesome and agonizing. Awesome that you found someone you want to build a life with, and agonizing that you haven't taken that next step yet. It drives you to distraction! At least it did me!
Here's the thing, the future, your future together will come, you just have to enjoy the journey.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thank you for your suggestions! I will be on the lookout... PA is weird in that they sell beer and liquor in separate stores... I miss good ole NJ where you could pick it all up at the grocery store LOL. And you'll be so proud, for my 2018 trip I told my friend we must pick between Sanaa and Jiko- no ifs ands or buts! :)

Thank you!! I am so glad you found it! My uni days are a coming! I love all of Orlando! And POR is seriously gorgeous!

I know from experience! LOL.. Expedition Everest will never be the same! :)

Thank you for the compliment :) And yes I have gone to the 6 flags safari before! I went years and years ago, and the giraffes were licking the car windows! It was crazy how close to the animals you could drive! I want to try it in the safari vehicle, sounds like it would make for a better experience! I must return! :)

You know me all too well, LOL.. I am crazy! But you are right there along with me, crazy for Disney! How could I forget about all our planned trips? Must remember to tell my boss... dun dun dun! Is Stacy retiring soon? I think we both should take her position! And hair ties are seriously way to precious to be throwing at a roller coaster. I think I brought 5 to Disney and came home with 0. And I didn't throw any! LOL

Thank you for reading! And I was pretty bummed, but I guess where better place to be bummed than in WDW? And I'm originally from NJ, so I know all too well! LOL.. I still haven't gone to the nail salon, Mickey's head is still hanging on. I just can't let go!!! And maybe that's where I recognized those drinks... your reports :p
What? Who me? Post pics of adult beverages in a TR:angelic::angelic::angelic: and yes Yeti in A mode happy memories

Figgy1

Premium Member
Nov 6th

It was soon time to travel back to prehistoric times. Didn't you know AK has an instant time machine? UM, YES. :) I was initially very upset that Dinosaur would still be down for refurbishment, but I just reminded myself I would be back, and I would be riding again in the future.(When I got the e-mail that I my Fastpass from Dinosaur was changed to Primeval Whirl while out grocery shopping, I may have said a few choice words in front of some children in the cereal aisle. Oops!)

C5DC4FB4-C04E-4A6F-A9BC-A09105929D81_zps1su2losm.jpg

Joe couldn’t even remember what the Dinosaur ride was, so it was no big loss for him. Guess being forgetful has it's perks!

FBC321BE-96A6-4B99-98A6-949C534950ED_zpsekkhgogn.jpg

We decided to play some carnival games- I know people always hate on this area but we had a great time! At first, we got beat by a 5 year old girl, but for round 2 Joe won! Wahoo!

EA62EBD1-7FA9-4419-82F4-E64347270E62_zpsc0s8omxe.jpg

Then Joe shot some hoops, I am terrible at anything to do with basketball, which is unfortunate because I am sort of tall! I sat this round out. Go Joe!

56B29E89-5D0E-44D7-8B0B-F185CEF9B7E5_zpsalusrnof.jpg

We then waited about 10 minutes for Primeval Whirl (screw you fastpass switcheroo!); this ride reminds me of my childhood spent on the Seaside Heights boardwalk. (The Jersey Shore location that had the roller coaster fall into the ocean during Hurricane Sandy.) Primeval Whirl jerks you left and right and spins you all round, and round, and round... Joe said it was like the Tilt-a-Whirl on steroids. I think it reminds me of the Cat and Mouse Coaster from the shore. Guess it really is a mixture of both! We enjoyed it, but thought it was a “one and done” type of ride for the trip. LOL

4184B45F-0540-4CF6-9940-DD2F82EA603B_zpskuzd8joe.jpg

I kept checking the wait times for Everest and Kali, hoping we could squeeze in another ride before dinner. Unfortunately, Everest wait times were hovering between 60-80 minutes so we settled on Kali for 20 minutes. Wet for dinner? It’d be nothing new!

87CF81C1-B37C-43E1-95FF-0C442810FA72_zpsvrcosamw.jpg

Back downstream we floated!

We escaped with minimal damage. Again, our raft turned at the right moment for us to avoid a tidal wave of water! Just a little splash on my shirt, and Joe on his arms.. we wouldn't look too terrible for our dining reservation! :)

Afterwards, I had to stop and check and see if any commotion was occurring at the RoL theater, but sadly no one was home.

3331411F-7884-4E74-8C45-7F3C4A5A8F3C_zpszuwrangs.jpg

I kept hearing that is would premiere mid-November, and would soft open sometime around Halloween, but all is still quiet regarding this project! HELLO OUT THERE?! The cast previews that happened this past weekend have me super hopeful that it will open soon, but even they seemed to suggest they didn't see the show in it's entirety. 7 months delayed, and still no opening date. :(
My friend has an season pass and she's linked to my My Disney Experience App, so I stalk all the time to see if I can find a fastpass... Her annual pass expires the end of December, and I will be heartbroken when I cannot check this anymore! I am psycho, I know!!!! (Don't remind me) Nothing at all was happening the night we were at AK. I looked far and wide... the river was dark. I was hoping to catch a glimpse of them testing the floats, but no such luck. I guess it makes me feel a teensy tiny bit better that I didn’t miss is by just a day… someone messaged me saying the 18th and it broke my heart, but that has came and went so I don’t feel so heartbroken anymore. RoL please come soon! I could ramble on forever about ROL... but I will save you all.

We stopped to watch Chakranadi (a talented music duo) and they were honestly amazing! If you closed your eyes, you were instantly transported to India. According to my Times Guide, they play traditional Indian music and seasonal tunes. The music was mesmerizing, so many people stopped to listen. It’s the type music that takes you to a different time and place.

ABA56767-73E0-4A58-879F-7254BD3E1F92_zpslsvkotb4.jpg

We could have stood and listened for hours, but it was fast approaching ADR time. Dinner tonight was a new one for both of us!

EC8FB14E-9A3D-41F1-98B7-769008DAD8D6_zpscydsafxo.jpg

I was so excited to be trying a new restaurant, and to be eating DINNER in my favorite park. Usually, AK closed too early to justify eating dinner there, but with more nighttime hours, it was a perfect opportunity! Disney bucket list getting it's check marks! :)

D8824F86-1C33-4417-828C-A5F0C31F7CFB_zpsbgokyjvx.jpg

Joe and I debated back and forth between numerous entrees, but in the end we both picked the Kobe beef burger.
Did I mention we are boring? LOL

DA0C1539-F2A5-48F2-A316-CB8537C36E54_zpsx324cfyj.jpg

We soon realized that we probably should not have eaten that pretzel earlier. These burgers were huge! HUMONGOUS. I was soon full, and felt like I had been eating for awhile! Turns out, I still had most of my burger left. EPIC FAIL. Joe and I were both down for the count, Double fail! We were in a giggly food coma; we kept challenging the other to take one more bite.You know that point where you're so full you get giddy? That was us.

Bye-bye Yak and Yeti, you were SOOOO GOOD! I will most definitely be back!

4380EB6E-E6F2-4414-91A6-90743C2E5B18_zpsn98lhibz.jpg

Before dinner, I thought we could for sure squeeze in another ride on Everest when we finished our meal. After dinner, not so much. We had 4 boxes of food, our stomachs were overflowing, and Joe told me I was not normal wanting to go on thrill rides after eating. LOL, doesn't he know I'm not normal by now! We slowly strolled/waddled to the front of the park. It was now dark outside and AK looked so beautiful at night. It radiated this glow that I can’t even put into words.

We managed to make it to the front of the park just in time to see some Tree of Life Awakenings. My hands were full, so I didn’t take any pictures! Here are some shots that do the show more justice than I could capture anyway!

0FDDC622-8F58-4161-8B40-6A7248BFC510_zpsz0h6eubq.jpg

84339A02-2351-44CE-ACE5-6DCC20238DE3_zpsbctnyu0z.jpg

8A3B9B8D-FB41-441B-AD5A-AD42C1679543_zps2bnhhaxz.jpg

This show is not to be missed! It was so unique to see these projections on the TREE OF LIFE of all park icons. It was so heart-warming. Joe and I “Ooohed” and “Ahhhhed” at how dazzling this show was. I could go on and on (and on and on) about how happy I am that AK is finally getting the love and recognition it deserves. But I will spare you, and just tell you to stay all day, enjoy the new, embrace the old, and fall in love all over again with AK!

We hopped on the bus and made our way back to Riverside; we needed to freshen up and put away our leftovers. I was also able to eat a small little snack..
2CB551FD-ABC3-490C-BE4D-5FB050025FFA_zps9g2nhsik.jpg

Its fortune seems right, don’t ya think? ;)

7AB84FA5-52D0-46D4-A961-A58EA8EE6572_zpsvmo8le5s.jpg

Although our beds looked tempting, we couldn’t rest for long… we had places to be and people to meet! ;)

6AD94D96-520C-4A0A-8087-0F0344D6F1DB_zpsmscl7nm8.jpg

This paparazzi style photo was all I could manage as we booked it through Epcot! The crowds were there in the masses, we had to bob and weave through strollers, single wide and double wide! My toes even got run over a few times! HOW RUDE! Joe contemplated pushing me a stroller because I couldn't maneuver the crowds like he could… would we make it in time for the WDWmagic meetup? Joe kept telling me I was being cat-fished, would I prove him wrong? ;) :p
I'm still trying to ketchup and loving your TR. THNX for the memories and one from when I got my DL. I drove to Seaside the year I got my DL every day I had off work just to practice driving on the Parkway:angelic::angelic::angelic:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom