xxcup0ftia

Original Poster
I understand that. But I also hear its not impossible to do either.
If I wanted to go about doing so is there a way to go about it? or have i've done what I could already regardless.
I know its always going to be there.

daringstoic

I used to work in CP Administration, and unfortunately even though you got your certificate, you didn't technically complete your program. The certificates don't really have any meaning as far as the company is concerned and depending on the service celebration schedules, certificates and ears could easily be handed out a month or more before the scheduled end of the program. While I never worked in Casting, your termination for product theft makes it incredibly unlikely that you'd be hired back again. I've also been hearing that applicants are being put on wait lists for full time parks jobs, so with an excess of people applying, it's even less likely that they'd offer a job to someone with your status.

Try looking into jobs with the operating participants on property. Their employees get a lot of Disney benefits and as far as I know, they have a completely separate hiring process so your record isn't likely to factor in.

xxcup0ftia

Original Poster
I figured that might of been the case and thank you for your input, maybe I'll try that :)

As an update I contacted Disney recruiting and they just said there was no harm in trying! So that's a good sign I suppose too :p

mousehockey37

No. You got termed for theft. With the cuts being made and tons of people with clean records applying, you are done with the mouse.

They could've told you anything on the phone. They just told you a generic response. You know... The worst they can say is no, right?

xxcup0ftia

Original Poster
Yes yes I understand. I knew from the beginning I wouldn't be considered so thanks for lighting that up for me again. Like I said it's not the end of the world for me, yes I understand they were being nice.
It's Disney. Obviously their going to be nice.

All and all It doesn't hurt not too haha

Domosuke

I can't really pity your situation sadly. I could understand if you had a physical or mental reason as to why you didn't follow company protocol.

I'm sorry you were termed, but I can't be as empathetic really. I don't mean to badger you but you did decide to give full details, so I have to share my opinion. So many people get termed for inane reasons like myself, and yours was pretty preventable.

Usually when working in foods or merchandise or in the restaurants or outdoor/indoor vending, when you are in that circumstance for when you have to offer a guest service replenishment, it's because a child spilled an ice cream or chocolate on themselves or it dropped or made a mess in your work area. A pair of mouse ears had a hole in them or the name was spelled wrong etc. You then of course report to your leader or coordinator and explain to them what happened and they will then talk to the guests and whether or not a GSR can be done or not. If it is, you fill out the form and the leader takes it.

From my understanding, that wasn't what happened with you at all. You received two unpaid ice creams from some of your coworkers and it turns out they were abusing the GSR system or something along those lines. Truth be told, this actually could have been a sting operation or an undercover boss type of thing.

I had a friend of mine who also worked in QSFB, that witnessed what could have possibly been an inside job or some kind of game Disney was playing to weed out indispensable workers. She worked the closing shifts and they were cleaning up the back of the house kitchen. All of a sudden a coworker that just joined their location for about a week offered them fudge brownie squares that were layovered and defected and couldn't be sold the following day (not enough/too many nuts, not enough/too much frosting, brownie is too big or too small etc.) that no guests bought and were more than likely going to be tossed in the bin anyways.

There was a lead on the other side of the kitchen, who was pretending to not pay attention, but he was. My friend didn't take one, but two of her fellow coworkers did, and those who ate a brownie, were terminated. You should never take or eat any food you didn't pay for without permission from your lead or supervisor first.

About the fact your money kept coming up short. Again, you knew outdoor vending required you to be able to do math in your head and give out correct change and make sure your till is not over or under. If you have to count slowly or say the total out loud to guests, do what you have to do. You shouldn't be coming up short that many times.

The chances of you being rehired are kinda dim. It's not impossible. I'm sure if you learned from your mistake and maybe see if you can get any positive recommendations from current or past well known cast members. I do wish the best for you, and I'm praying for you as well that you are able to look past this. :)

xxcup0ftia

Original Poster
Thank you for your input. I don't really pity myself either what I did was wrong and I should of known better. I honestly will never know if this was a "string investigation/operation" but better to be honest than lie to them, right? I think that has to count for something. The cash handling reps were for silly reasons now that I remember correctly.. had a manager get mad at me because I left my money on my cart while I turned behind to get something.. The other reason was the machine was down and I couldn't recall on how to fill out the forms so I asked my coworker and she replied with "Why you asking me for help you should of been trained to do this" and just left it at that.. so i struggled.. hoping I was doing it right. Besides like I said this isn't the end of the line for me Disney will always have a special place in my heart even if I can't work there I can still enjoy it as a guest. :)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I contacted them. I was told that nowadays, with no rehire status, there is no way to get it overturned...

by a person with a very snarky voice.

So I'll try again.

mousehockey37

Wow, gotta love the conspiracy now that there are "sting" operations to get rid of CM's.

I'm sure they do something like this, but c'mon. If you turned your back on cash sitting out in public view, in WDW, it takes a split second for a pro thief to make it disappear. You earned the punishment given.

There are no excuses, even though we're all human, for mistakes made in Disney. Undercover officers are in the parks to protect the public and the companies assets. Whether the guilty party is from outside or inside the company, it doesn't matter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom