1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Trip No Parents Allowed

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Reports' started by luvinthemajik, Jul 9, 2017.

1. luvinthemajik

luvinthemajik Well-Known Member Original Poster

Oh, indeed, that's a fav for me, and it makes me feel good that she wants to do it, her Daddy, my yougest DS introduced it to his 3 kiddos, now I'll share it with the Princess. Glad you like it too, sometimes you don't need to go fast or be scared to do something special. Have a magical evening.

2. DisneyBound2017

DisneyBound2017 Well-Known Member

I've never actually been to WDW. We have a trip scheduled at Christmas. I just don't see the treehouse getting a lot of love

3. luvinthemajik

Congrats!!! I'm happy for you and what an amazing trip it will be. These forums are packed with such great information and helpful posts, plus just going to The World, you can't o wrong. Wishing you a speedy "countdown" and a magic filled trip!!!

4. DisneyBound2017

DisneyBound2017 Well-Known Member

Thank you! That's so sweet! I'm trying to keep that in mind so I don't over plan anything. My husband and I will be bringing our toddler, and it's the first trip for all three of us.

wdisney9000 and luvinthemajik like this.
  5. ScarletBegonias

ScarletBegonias Well-Known Member

I'm in! I love reading @wdisney9000 's trip reports and loved seeing how he surprised your DH on the recent trip!

bee, RedNoseMickey and wdisney9000 like this.
  6. luvinthemajik

Thanks @ScarletBegonias, He writes well, is a wonderful son, and he LOVES The World! A total package. Have a pixie dust filled evening.

ScarletBegonias, bee and wdisney9000 like this.
  7. luvinthemajik

Well, It's now just 3 days to go, and I was thinking since this is a "First Time Ever" kind of trip for us, we need to do some "First Time Ever" things. Of course I asked the kids and DH had some thoughts as well. ( remember, he's a lawyer, they ALWAYS have a thought/opinion );)

RIDES: The Princess has never been over to Tom Sawyer's Island, ( what???:jawdrop: ) My youngest DS, ( the one who must have Disney recognizable features in pics sent back to him if he's not along on a trip ) does the Parks like a mad man, every ride, every show in each and every land is finished, then on to the next one. How did they miss TSI, I'll dig into that one later with him. But, point being, we are doing Rope Drop on our 3rd day, so TSI will be experienced by our little group of explorers. The Boys haven't been on Stitch's Great Escape, they've heard too many stories that it "smells funny" it's "scary":eek: etc. The Princess heard this, laughed and said "I've done that since I was 4, get over it you guys!!!" OK, Guess we're doing SGE, well, they do ToT now, so no more excuses, The Princess won't let them live it down otherwise,:p LOL.

FOOD: Our DS, @wdisney9000 is the expert on all things savory, sweet and too good to be true at The World, pictures and mouth watering descriptions prove that out when he's there, we all drool a little. Soooo, He told me about a brand new treat being offered at MK at The Cheshire Cafe, called Cheshire Cat Tail. I googled it, got a pic and description from a satisfied "consumer" and it's on the list of New Food Experiences. I'll def. post a pic when it's in my hot little hand. Also, DS told us about something probably everyone else knows about, School Bread from Kringla in Norway at Epcot. Again pic/description, yummmm, ( am I drooling ? ):rolleyes:

RESORTS: We have been lucky to stay at or visit one of the Family at all the resorts, except, PORS. Having stayed at POFQ, many moons ago, when it was just PO, what was then called Dixie Landings was it's sister resort and although we ate at Boatwright's, never toured around this resort except to see it along the banks of The Sassagoula as we passed by. I was fascinated by a trip report I just read posted by @epcotisbest because of the gorgeous pics he took all along the pathways of The World as he & his DW bike these areas in all their seldom talked about splendor. One of those areas was PORS. So thanks, @epcotisbest , this pretty resort is on the list too now.

So far, no changes to the plans, WOW, that's odd, but I like it, maybe that's a First Time Ever thing too. Till next time, Keep the magic alive!!!!!

bee, fractal, gdisneyfans and 5 others like this.
  8. worldfanatic

worldfanatic Well-Known Member

9. wdisney9000

wdisney9000 Well-Known Member

Here is an appropriate depiction of his patience for attractions such as TSI...

fractal, gdisneyfans and Swissmiss like this.
  10. luvinthemajik

LOL,I never said he likes all the rides/ shows, just that he does them, haha, and now I understand why The Princess doesn't remember going to TSI, it was probably" covered sufficiently" when she was still an infant, well, we're going to remedy that!:D

fractal and Swissmiss like this.
  11. RedNoseMickey

RedNoseMickey Well-Known Member

It sounds like you will have a wonderful time, can't wait to read all about in your TR! I have also never been to TSI but will put it on my list for next time.:oops:

gdisneyfans and luvinthemajik like this.
  12. wdisney9000

wdisney9000 Well-Known Member

I remember as a child I would set down a glass of water or juice with the intention to finish it after my game of Nintendo, and within a nano second, my glass was picked up , cleaned and in the dishwasher. Smh. #SoMuchWastedJuice #ThanksMom

Tuvalu and luvinthemajik like this.
  13. luvinthemajik

You are so welcome son, good habits are to be developed early on, waste not want not!! LOL @Tuvalu gets me, I always knew there was someone else in the world like me:joyfull: Oh, and don't shake your head too hard, it'll fall off your shoulders:D

Tuvalu, fractal and PacNWTigger like this.
  14. luvinthemajik

So, This is it,leaving tomorrow at 05:00, 3 kids, 2 adults, 4 suitcases, 2 bags of frozen food and 3 grocery bags of snacks,( for the kids, of course, LOL ) Yep, we over pack, over do, and over think, DH was in the Army and firmly believes in being fully prepared, me? I'm just a little OCD, haha. Soooo, anyways, we reserved a mini van for this excursion, so everyone has room, and we can take all those goodies.
    Now, I've been pleased and surprised that all has gone well, no changes, no hiccups, we are just running on all cylinders and counting down, right? GUESS AGAIN.....
    We are up early today to pick up the mini van for a confirmed 09:00 , lots of little last minute things to do before the kids arrive at 8 p.m.

I had my credit card, license and paperwork out ready to do this rental quickly as I'm walking in the door. BUT, they have 3 vehicles to choose from, not one of them is a mini van,however, the sales rep wants to assure me that a standard SUV, "with a few sweet bells and whistles" is going to be exactly the same thing, until we look at the seats, huh?? and, is that a trunk???? I know I'm old ( er ) but since when did a mini van become the same thing as a standard SUV? NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, I can feel my MOM SNARK mode ready to switch on, but instead I very politely point to the dirt streaked Dodge Caravan and say, that's what I asked for , I'll take that one. Well, it's in need of an oil change the rep is telling me, but, he'll call around to see what he can do. Now, they're only open till 2, DH, who brought me to the location, has to get going with some things on his own to do list, so, I have no choice but to leave with DH be dropped off at home and await a call to tell me my fate.

Quick backstory to all the snacks/groceries, so no one really thinks we're over the top. Our Big Guy is "PICKY", beyond comprehension, a sum total of 7 food items is what he'll eat, and it becomes difficult to say the least, to go to a QS or TS restaurant and find anything he'll eat. The two 10 year olds, despite loving the Cheeseburger Pods at Satu'li Canteen, have their own idiosyncrasies, name brands,colors, flavors,scents, or appearance, all come into play when choosing a meal for these guys. So, long history of trial and error leads us to know that if you can nuke it or otherwise put together breakfast and late lunch/early dinner in the room, do it and save yourself the tears, and the $. Thus, all those extra bags we've packed.

So, back to the saga. Noon comes and goes, I'm about ready to jump out of my skin, and finally the phone rings, "We've got you a real min van, come and get it." I do the Happy Dance, we retrieve the rental, and just like that, we're back in peaceful countdown mode, MOM SNARK goes back into it's cage, and all's right with the world.

So, that's it, kiddos are at 8, dinner, and down for sleepy night night time.

Now, where's my wine glass? What? I't's only 1:30? I'm on vacation!!! See ya real sooon....

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  15. RedNoseMickey

RedNoseMickey Well-Known Member

Good for you for sticking to your guns about the mini van. Let's hope mom snark can stay in the cage for the rest of your vacation. Have a wonderful time!

wdisney9000, bee and luvinthemajik like this.
  16. luvinthemajik

LOL, never fear, @RedNoseMickey , and @wdisney9000 , Mom snark just took a long overdue rest, haha!! Now for a lovely trip Home with my DH and 3 of my most beautiful treasures... Stay Tuned for the TR. Thanks for following everyone.

wdisney9000, ScarletBegonias and bee like this.
  17. Figaro Family

Figaro Family Well-Known Member

I've been following your adventures on wdisney9000's trip report. You are such fun grandparents! Hope you have a blast with your Grand kids on this trip!

18. ScarletBegonias

ScarletBegonias Well-Known Member

Hope you have a great time!

wdisney9000 likes this.