No new resort reservations can be made June 9

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
FYI

IMG_1482.PNG

DisneyJoe

From the Disney Travel Agent site

"We are implementing a system update on Friday, June 9, 2017 from 2 a.m. to end of business Eastern Daylight Savings Time. Call Center and online bookings for Walt Disney Travel Company package and room-only reservations at Walt Disney World® Resort and Aulani will be unavailable during this time. Please check back for updates."

DisneyJoe

So the key question -- what will this update do to existing reservations???

I'd make sure I had hard copies of everything by 2 a.m. tomorrow morning...
Usually nothing. The last update they warned us that there was a confirmation number change, and even gave all travel agents a list of old confirmation numbers, new confirmation numbers, as well as a lookup tool. Hopefully, nothing will happen with this update.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
From the Disney Travel Agent site

"We are implementing a system update on Friday, June 9, 2017 from 2 a.m. to end of business Eastern Daylight Savings Time. Call Center and online bookings for Walt Disney Travel Company package and room-only reservations at Walt Disney World® Resort and Aulani will be unavailable during this time. Please check back for updates."

That's what I figured tbey were doing. And what they did the last time Disney updated their booking system.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
According to what I was just told, hotels will be able to book reservations by 10AM if you have their front desk direct number.

My wife and I wanted to go down this weekend last minute - when I called I found out about all of this and the guy was like "oh man, I don't think they accounted for same day reservations." So he had me call the hotel directly and the front desk person said her manager said their system would be up in approximately 2 hours.

Take that for what it's worth.

DisneyGigi

What do they consider the end of the business day? 11:00 pm is usually cutoff when you can call right? Trying to help a friend make reservations that has never been. Will it be back up tonight or should I just go ahead and figure in the morning?
Thanks!

jpeden

In the Parks
No
What do they consider the end of the business day? 11:00 pm is usually cutoff when you can call right? Trying to help a friend make reservations that has never been. Will it be back up tonight or should I just go ahead and figure in the morning?
Thanks!

Call and see if they will give you the hotel number. They may be able to get in the system. I can't verify as we decided against going down this weekend mainly because we weren't sure that we could secure a room.

DisneyGigi

Call and see if they will give you the hotel number. They may be able to get in the system. I can't verify as we decided against going down this weekend mainly because we weren't sure that we could secure a room.
Thank you. They had not picked a resort, just moderate range but I guess I can call and see. Seems crazy to shut the whole booking down all day, especially with school ending for most this week. :-/

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thank you. They had not picked a resort, just moderate range but I guess I can call and see. Seems crazy to shut the whole booking down all day, especially with school ending for most this week. :-/

There is never a good time to update a system....

End of business usually means 5:00PM. The best way to check is to go online - if the system is back up, you'll know. If not, then go to the hotel's page, get the direct number and call. Sometimes updates don't go as planned....

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

So the key question -- what will this update do to existing reservations???

I'd make sure I had hard copies of everything by 2 a.m. tomorrow morning...
Just us - when we make a reservation? We PRINT OUT that reservation, on PAPER, complete with the Disney Website logos, and date.
....and we carry these. EVERY trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom