No More Luxo :-(

Computer Magic

No it was a nice little addition, one that Disney used to do a lot, it's a touch Disney had lost in recent times.
Agreed. the attention to detail that makes the Disney difference. Spending money on the little stuff. Can't believe someone would say its a waste of money. :brick:

I was lucky to see Luxo in action last Sept. I saw the entire routine. So cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3-fmotaI3s

I would like to know what it was scraped so soon.

I hope it's down for repairs/modifictions and not the lawsuit.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I really hope this turns out to be untrue. The best thing about Pixar Place is the actual placemaking touches that are there. And Luxo conducting the trees, etc. was a big part of that. If Luxo fails, and they never get Mr. Spell actually spelling (which it seems they have no intention of doing), Pixar Place is in danger of becoming a waiting area for TSMM with a bunhc of pretty facades and nothing more.

hazelrah

Original Poster
I do wonder if they will ever bring back the bouncing ball that was part of the "Lighting" signage next to Luxo. It has been missing for awhile.

Computer Magic

I Pixar Place is in danger of becoming a waiting area for TSMM with a bunhc of pretty facades and nothing more.
Very good point. Disney "use" to be know for keeping people entertain while waiting for the big rides or as some people call it "people eater". Keep people amused with little things instead of standing around being bored. It makes taht hour wait for TSM not seem so long.

the-reason14

Ridiculous. Simply ridiculous that's it's gone....

I agree. Its not a huge deal, but it was a nice addition to the studious and the pixar section. Why even add the thing if they were only gonna get rid of it less than a year after. But whatever, whatever.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I agree. Its not a huge deal, but it was a nice addition to the studious and the pixar section. Why even add the thing if they were only gonna get rid of it less than a year after. But whatever, whatever.

Sadly all of the "living character initiative" characters have had limited runs at the parks.

WDW Vacationer

I do wonder if they will ever bring back the bouncing ball that was part of the "Lighting" signage next to Luxo. It has been missing for awhile.
Sadly,no. That was parto of the "Luxo" part of the original sign that read "Luxo Jr. Lighting". Due to the lawsuit,the "Luxo Jr." part and the ball were removed.

Omnimover

I thought Luxo was an excellent touch when he first moved in. Seems like an incredible waste of funds that could've been better used now that they've pulled the plug (pun intended).

EpcotServo

Sadly all of the "living character initiative" characters have had limited runs at the parks.

Luxo was not part of the Living Character Initiative. That's stuff that is Human, to Creature, To Human interaction ala Crush. Luxo did not interact with anyone. Purely a show.

And an awesome show at that.

Disney is getting sickening to me. Can they do anything right? Expedition Everest has been in shambles for years and will probably never get the attention it deserves for repairs. Why waste this money on these additions and then just junk them. The company is so frustrating these days.... I am so close to just going to Universal for 3 days and spending my hard earned money at WWoHP!

djkidkaz

Steve, I see you posted this on the main page. Does that mean you've also got confirmation on this from your sources?

Testtrack321

Disney is getting sickening to me. Can they do anything right? Expedition Everest has been in shambles for years and will probably never get the attention it deserves for repairs. Why waste this money on these additions and then just junk them. The company is so frustrating these days.... I am so close to just going to Universal for 3 days and spending my hard earned money at WWoHP!

What's frustrating it's not true for ALL the parks. TDA has been doing great; TDO continues to mess up and deliver some extra fireworks and an extra hour or two in the parks will make up for it!

Bork Bork

Luxo was awesome in December directing "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies." Very cool! Glad I got to see it when I did.

Should we expect a "B" mode now?:lookaroun

Disney_Geek

Should we expect a "B" mode now?:lookaroun

I was about to ask if they were planning on simply holding Luxo up with some wires while flashing a strobe light at him instead of taking him down. :animwink:

I truly am sad that I missed him, though; I was hoping to see him on my next visit this summer.

MarkTwain

If maintenance were the issue, couldn't they just leave him out on the platform static, perhaps just looking around at the crowd? It'd be better than nothing...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom