No more Fois Gras served in WDW restaurants..

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
Original Poster
This might be old news, but V&A called me today to find out my parties preferences. When I informed them that none of us wanted Fois Gras (because its a hideous & Cruel practice), they informed me that its now longer served on WDW property!

Good for you Disney, good for you!

i.gif

psukardi

Ugh =( That's horrible that they bent to certain people and are no longer serving Fois Gras.

I for one am taken aback at so many places no longer serving it. You can't get it anywhere in California anymore, and I believe Chicago was rumored to be going in the same direction.

It's tasty and I want some on my plate.

For those that are crying about the poor duck being force fed food until it's liver is nice and plump and tasty. You might as well look at how fast food is made; how they make veal; how a slaughter house operates; etc.

I for one did not climb to the top of the food chain to eat gluten free dinners served with rabbit food and a side of soy milk.

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
Original Poster
Ugh =( That's horrible that they bent to certain people and are no longer serving Fois Gras.

I for one am taken aback at so many places no longer serving it. You can't get it anywhere in California anymore, and I believe Chicago was rumored to be going in the same direction.

For those that are crying about the poor duck being force fed food until it's liver is nice and plump and tasty. You might as well look at how fast food is made; how they make veal; how a slaughter house operates; etc.

I for one did not climb to the top of the food chain to eat gluten free dinners served with rabbit food and a side of soy milk.

Oh @psukardi, you naughty boy you! Are you trying to goad me? ;)

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
Original Poster
Please be aware that my teenage daughter has a serious food allergy and is forced to eat gluten free (i.e. no wheat), as are many people, even though she loves bread. Frankly, it breaks my heart every time she can't enjoy the same food as the rest of us.

Poor Kid. At least they are now making some fantastic gluten free things now, The bread is getting so much better too.

HouCuseChickie

While I don't agree with the allergy based statement from a pp- since many people suffer from a wide array of food allergies/diseases and need food alternatives...I don't agree with pulling foie over social pressure. It may seem cruel, but so is pretty much any food with a face you consume in the US. I'm not talking about slaughter in general...just saying that it's not fair to criticize foie production, yet turn around and eat veal, turkey, chicken or even a burger/steak for that matter. None of it is a pretty process. And yes, I love foie.

njDizFan

Or perhaps we evolved enough intellectually to realize that we no longer need to subjugate and slaughter the rest of the world's species in order to survive. There are many more options availble now that we are no longer hunter/gatherers.

From reading some of your posts I'm sure you are going to call me out as one of the PC police or something but seriously if we are so advanced as a society and species do we really need to stake our survival on the flesh of other animals. There are healthier options available.

I honestly don't mind what people eat but I just don't agree that it our inherent right as a dominant species to do what we like with the rest of the world.

Uncle Lupe

Or perhaps we evolved enough intellectually to realize that we no longer need to subjugate and slaughter the rest of the world's species in order to survive. There are many more options availble now that we are no longer hunter/gatherers.

From reading some of your posts I'm sure you are going to call me out as one of the PC police or something but seriously if we are so advanced as a society and species do we really need to stake our survival on the flesh of other animals. There are healthier options available.

I honestly don't mind what people eat but I just don't agree that it our inherent right as a dominant species to do what we like with the rest of the world.

This is a total thread drift but maybe you can answer this question for me. If you are a vegetable person maybe you can help me understand.

Why do they make veggie burgers that imitate meat burgers? If you want veggies then eat veggies but why try to transform them to imitate something that you do not want to eat?

mickeysbrother

We still have it here in Montreal Quebec!! I don't think we will ever get rid of it!!! If I ever fly down to Cali I'll bring u guys or girls some!!! We eat it like crazy here!!!

RedBaron

This is a total thread drift but maybe you can answer this question for me. If you are a vegetable person maybe you can help me understand.

Why do they make veggie burgers that imitate meat burgers? If you want veggies then eat veggies but why try to transform them to imitate something that you do not want to eat?

I love veggie burgers, but not a real true vegetarian and will sometimes eat a real burger or red meat. I do eat chicken and fish with out problem usually. I know it sounds crazy, but since I do not eat a lot of meat or beef in general, eating a real burger is sometimes iffy. I am the kind of person that all is fine and well until I come across the dreaded piece of bone or tough bit in a burger, sausage, burrito and then dinner is done for me and it might be gag inducing. I know when I eat a veggie burger made of veggies, beans or grains, there are no tendons and innards involved so mentally I have a better time dealing with it. Hopefully this helps with the rest of the folks out there that have no problem eating through tendons and girzzle.

luv

How was that climb? Any injuries? ;)

Are we talking about the pate de fois gras here? Or the other one that I'm dimly aware of, but never had. I like some pate very much. :) I did not realize animals were being harmed, though. That is disappointing to hear. I wouldn't want to eat something that required hurting poor little animals to make.

I don't mind killing them. I'll eat a cheeseburger, no doubt. But I don't want them to live lives of suffering for my enjoyment. I realize this might sound hypocritical. It kind of is.

s&k'smom

Well I have to admit as a vegan this makes me happy but being married to a true meat eater I see both sides. This always seems to be a passionate debate but I just want to add I don't only eat salad, I eats tons of food as much as I want. There always seems to be the impression someone who eats veggie only eats salad but there is so much more. I love a good spirited debate so keep going!

real mad hatter

Lol!

I'll stick to the simpletons over here in the peanut gallery who don't have a clue what fois gras even is...and apparently auto-correct on the iPhone doesn't either.

Pass the bacon, please.....
Duck or Goose liver,a delicacy in France,but in a country that thinks frogs legs & snails are also delicacies,I'll swerve this one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom