Pre-Trip No Kids....did I just say that? Yup - NO KIDS!

So as you can tell by the title - our trip will be kid-less! & I am taking a bit too much joy in saying that. That is until my two year old yells DINNEY aka Disney! Getting back on track here. My DH and I have been together for 9 years, married for almost 8 and aside from the 3 day trip to Disney (his first) we took when we were dating - which wasn't really by ourselves since my aunt and cousin joined us and drove us this will be our first Vacation that is just us! Granted we have gone away for long weekends the past 9 years, but this is a legit vacation! And of course were going to Disney! The same place we said just a mere 5 months ago that we would never go back too (long story....but how dare we say we would never go back! That was the heatstroke talking!!)

So it'll just be me (Rose) and the hubby (Mike Wazowski!...minus the Wozowski). Now were not TOTALLY mean parents...we want to take our boys again this year or ealry next year...so were saving up for that, so this trip will be a bit different than our normal trips usually are and it will be a budget trip! For the first time EVER we'll be staying offsite. I had a credit through Jetblue and after using that our airfare from LGA to MCO and a room at Maingate Resort and Spa (even though there isn't a spa :facepalm:) for 8 nights is coming out to $575! 4/24-5/2 We will be getting two 6 day MYW tickets (we may upgrade to AP's - not sure yet!). We will be soley depending on the shuttles the ::COUGH::RESORT::COUGHT:: offers and cabbing it when needed. I know we will have a shuttle leaving for Epcot every day at 845am...and return time from Epcot is 10pm. We will cab it some nights...and we are find with NOT being able to return to the room mid day. Even with two kids and staying on property we RARELY did that!

We have NO dining reservations - and don't want any! We did book the Illuminations Dessert Party :happy: & i can't wait! We did the Wishes Dessert Party back in 2013 - was so much fun! Can't wait to do this one - and have some Bubbly!:D

We have taken our boys 7 time (well the 7 years old 7 times, the 2 year old 2 times!:p) I have loved every single trip. Seeing their reaction the on their first trip, celebrating birthdays, seeing Mickey for the first time, the breakdowns, the meltdowns, being sick...fever sick sick in DIsney (all 4 of us btw) renting a 6 old a stroller that he barely fit in (i have a tall boy) and pushed him all over Epcot all because he refused to leave even though he had a fevero_O, doing the "NO DANCING" dance on every ride when we spot the sign, singing to all the songs, dancing to Can't Touch This in MK...i mean the memories go on and on and on....however I am so happy I can make some memories with the hubby that don't include a whining or screaming kid! We both are!

So without further ado here is our itinerary! I based this on Touring Plans crowd level and we picked non EMH parks.

4/24 - we do not get into MCO till 11:30 at night! We will UBER it to our hotel....and probably knock out since that's gonna be a pretty long day for us!

4/25 - we may regret this or we may not...but we are going to rest this day! We figure if we start off our trip tired, we will be 3tired the whole week....so we are going to sleep in, then once we are up we're gonna head to the outlets to do shopping ( so much for resting :banghead:o_O)

4/26 - Epcot - Crowd Level 6 - 9am-9pm

4/27 - Animal Kingdom - crowd level 3 - 9am-6pm.

4/28 - Magic Kingdom - crowd level 4 - 9am-11pm

4/29 - Epcot - crowd level 3 - 9am-9pm and we will be attending the Illuminations Dessert Party:D:):happy:

4/30 - DHS - crowd level 3 - 9am-8pm

5/1 - MK - crowd level 6 - 9am - 12am.

5/2 - HOME! We have a 6am flight - so we probably won't sleep the night before since we'll have to leave at like 3 to head to the airport!

lostpro9het

Parents only trips are AWESOME! We've done a few over the last 4 years. I highly recommend Il Mulino as a great "No ADR needed" restaurant for just the parents. Its located in the Swan. You get complimentary appetizers and complimentary after dinner drinks, homemade limoncello! Tell them its your anniversary and they'll give seconds......and thirds ;):
1F70117F-D70D-484A-B7EF-95FFFB1D50A4-5420-00000754314B741F_zpsad66d550.jpg

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
Parents only trips are AWESOME! We've done a few over the last 4 years. I highly recommend Il Mulino as a great "No ADR needed" restaurant for just the parents. Its located in the Swan. You get complimentary appetizers and complimentary after dinner drinks, homemade limoncello! Tell them its your anniversary and they'll give seconds......and thirds ;):
1F70117F-D70D-484A-B7EF-95FFFB1D50A4-5420-00000754314B741F_zpsad66d550.jpg

Ha you know I told my husband that we will be wearing "Anniversary" buttons the whole trip! I mean 2 months after but we can still celebrate! lol.

Better late than never!

Just looked at their menu - YUMMMY! :) We may have to make a trip here!

DisneyPrincess5

I believe i congratulated you on your husband and wife only trip in another thread but I believe this deserves another Yay! Your plan sounds fun. And I love anything budget-y!
I can't wait to hear what it's like for you guys to go alone. It'll feel very different! Have an incredible time.

mrdrift

It's good for the parents to have a trip without the kids once in a while. The plans sound wonderful. Have a great time and I will be watching for the report.

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
Lol going without kids...If we would do something like that without Sacha it would be like WWIII here..... :) But I can imagine why you do it and the plans look great! Enjoy the pre feelings!

Haa!! With our 7 year old that's what it will be if he finds out....which is why we aren't telling him!!! :). Bad parents! Lol Were gonna try to not let him know where we're going. We'll come back with great souvenir to cushion the blow when we return home! :D My mom and dad will be watching the kids and I refuse to tell her where we're going because she will give up the information without so much as a second thought! lol

I believe i congratulated you on your husband and wife only trip in another thread but I believe this deserves another Yay! Your plan sounds fun. And I love anything budget-y!
I can't wait to hear what it's like for you guys to go alone. It'll feel very different! Have an incredible time.

Awww thanks so much!! Yeah I would love to splurge and stay on property but I think THEN I would feel guilty the kids aren't with us....and if we want to take them in Dec/Jan and do Universal/Disney & Lego Land - we'll sacrifice a bit on our trip.

It's good for the parents to have a trip without the kids once in a while. The plans sound wonderful. Have a great time and I will be watching for the report.

Yes it is! We do long weekends here and there, but it's been about 2 years since we've gone away even for a weekend...so this trip is a long time coming.

I've started other Trip Reports & have been so BAD with keeping up....but this is one i WILL finish! Now i gotta convince hubby to let me post his pic! If not you'll see just me....and trip pics! :)

FlaggNL

Haa!! With our 7 year old that's what it will be if he finds out....which is why we aren't telling him!!! :). Bad parents! Lol Were gonna try to not let him know where we're going. We'll come back with great souvenir to cushion the blow when we return home! :D My mom and dad will be watching the kids and I refuse to tell her where we're going because she will give up the information without so much as a second thought! lol

Lol :) I totally understand what you mean! And since Sacha is 18 it is competely different for us. And well bad parents :) LOL, no way. Maybe next time will be with the kid again :) And about the mum, guess no grandmother can keep secrets:)

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
Lol :) I totally understand what you mean! And since Sacha is 18 it is competely different for us. And well bad parents :) LOL, no way. Maybe next time will be with the kid again :) And about the mum, guess no grandmother can keep secrets:)
Ha yeah...i think if you tell grandmothers DON'T say anything....it spreads faster! lol.

We are planning a trip for the kids for either Dec 2015 or January 2016. So they should be happy about that. Not to mention we are going to have a pretty busy summer. Hoping to go to PA and hit up Sesame Place, Hershey Park, go visit a few of the Amish areas...and then we live in NYC - and are planning on hitting up all the "Tourist" areas to take our boys! We have so many things to do and see in our backyard so to speak so we are going to take advantage!!!

This sounds great! No kids :) I having been dreaming of a vacation like this.

PLAN ONE! We have been trying to do this for years now....and at first we felt a bit guilty, but now we are SUPER excited and cannot wait!

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
Park tickets are now purchased!!!

So through Working Advantage i purchased our 6 days base park tickets and saved about $40! So glad I decided to check them out - their prices are going up at 5pm today. I checked UCT and I still ended up paying $9 less through WA. So now that we have that out of the way, my next step is too hopefully get them before my 30 day FP+ window becomes available!

I am so excited to be able to ride the rides with the hubby! It's always been doing Parent swaps, or sitting with one of the kids etc. So that will be a nice change!

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
We own a Canon Rebel we purchased a few years ago. It's been our trusty Disney camera. We are no experts by any means....but enjoy taking good pictures. About 2 years ago, our camera fell lens first! :arghh: Needless to say since then it has had some issues. It basically works when it wants too! We used it on our last trip and it worked GREAT the whole trip except on our last day...where it completely died! I looked around to see what it would cost to get it looked at and fixed....and many places charge an initial $99 fee to look at it, then you pay to have it fixed, parts etc. I told my husband we needed to look for a new camera...and he agreed. I really wanted to get one before our trip to Disney...and today we ordered it! I was looking into getting a Nikon - and we snatched up a Nikon D3300 for just under $500!! Super excited - cannot wait to try it out!

mrdrift

Sorry to hear about your camera drop issues but glad you were able to get a new camera before you trip to Disney. At least you will have a little time to play with it before the trip. Have fun with it. Following along.

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
Sorry to hear about your camera drop issues but glad you were able to get a new camera before you trip to Disney. At least you will have a little time to play with it before the trip. Have fun with it. Following along.

Thanks! That camera gave us a good 6 years! We may still TRY to get it fixed or looked at. Maybe sell the 2nd lens I have...but I am glad that we got a new one heading our way!

With two kids it's sometimes hard to get pictures of scenery....we always have one of them yelling for us or needing us! It's even harder to get a 7 and a 2 year old to smile for a picture! lol.

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
FP+ Plans
4/26 - Epcot - This being THE Park the Hotel Shuttle takes us too, I am hoping to be walking through the gates and seeing Space Ship Earth by 9:30. It being a Sunday - we know the park is going to be hustling and bustling with people coming to enjoy the Flower and Garden Festival. We really want to enjoy the World Showcase, take our time in each country, enjoy the views the sounds. The ONE FP I am hoping to get is Test Track, then Space Ship Earth and Mission Space. My husband isn't a HUGE fan of heights so I may try to get on Soarin....if not it's not a big deal. Hopefully we can get those done early on in the day, then we can go and take a relaxing walk around the World Showcase and get a treat or a drink in every country.

4/27 - Animal Kingdom - Fast Passes for today will be Safari, Expedition Everest (I'll use both mine and hubbies to get on twice:D) & Dinosaur! Touring Plans has AK listed as a crowd level 3...so were hoping to be done here early. One must do that we won't get Fast Passes for will be the Lion King Show. We missed it last trip in it's new location. We will get on Dinosaur as many times as possible :) We love that ride! Whenever we're done here we will head out to DTD and have some dinner at Wolfgang Pucks and dessert at Ghirardelli's! :D:hungry: We'll then Cab it to our hotel.

That's it for now! I'll type up the rest tomorrow!

Good Night!

jlthomas81

I am trying to convince my hubby that we need to go down in September for the Nigh of Joy, just the two of us. Since we will be there in May, we can just upgrade our tickets to season passes and maybe score a decent bounce back in our room. Looking forward to watching for your trip report so I can show him all the fun there is to be had just the two of us :)

FlaggNL

Ha yeah...i think if you tell grandmothers DON'T say anything....it spreads faster! lol. We are planning a trip for the kids for either Dec 2015 or January 2016. So they should be happy about that. Not to mention we are going to have a pretty busy summer. Hoping to go to PA and hit up Sesame Place, Hershey Park, go visit a few of the Amish areas...and then we live in NYC - and are planning on hitting up all the "Tourist" areas to take our boys! We have so many things to do and see in our backyard so to speak so we are going to take advantage!!!

Ohw yeah I totally agree with grandmothers, but on the other hand, that's what they are for! Overwhelming their grandchildren with love and care :) Probably even more than the actual parents :) lol!

Great that you are already planning a kid trip! Before you know it, you are there :) Yeah it sounds like a very busy summer! Great plans! For us it will be not that busy, all the aviable money will go to the October trip :) lol!

smk

You will not regret the day of sleep after you arrive! Shopping sounds like the perfect thing for a lazy, non park day!

We have gone now many times without our kids, they are much older, in fact one married child has one and three fourths children (grandson due next week!!)of her own. The first time I felt sad for a minute, then quickly discovered I loved walking around without a huge purse, and dealing with who wanted to go where right this minute. DH and I love just strolling and deciding what we wanted to do. I don't think until you get away from the kids that you realize just how much they can dictate every choice that is made!

We even have gotten bold enough to call them and face time them while the parades are going on, just to rub it in a little! Keep in mind they are much older than your kids and are able to handle the fun of us rubbing it in, at least they don't hate us yet. They seem to get a kick out of us going to a kids place without kids! Our son just recently pointed out to his girlfriend that we have more Disney photos and posters framed and displayed thruout our home than we have of them, sad but true!

Have a blast!!

Courtney6682

So excited for you guys!!! Can't wait to hear alllllll about it!! My husband recently agreed to an adults only trip for us too!! Probably next yr tho.

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
I am trying to convince my hubby that we need to go down in September for the Nigh of Joy, just the two of us. Since we will be there in May, we can just upgrade our tickets to season passes and maybe score a decent bounce back in our room. Looking forward to watching for your trip report so I can show him all the fun there is to be had just the two of us :)

You totally should! I never say NO to booking a trip to Disney :)

Ohw yeah I totally agree with grandmothers, but on the other hand, that's what they are for! Overwhelming their grandchildren with love and care :) Probably even more than the actual parents :) lol!

Great that you are already planning a kid trip! Before you know it, you are there :) Yeah it sounds like a very busy summer! Great plans! For us it will be not that busy, all the aviable money will go to the October trip :) lol!

That is true! My oldest has sleepovers at my parents almost every other weekend!

Yeah....we try to book it WAY in advance. This way we pay little by little, and can try to get the best deals all around. Not to mention I have to have our 7 year old involved in the planning....as per his request! lol.

Living in NYC we have a lot of things that we can do that are not up there in price. Even a trip to Central Park is adventure for my kids. We make a whole day out of it....find all the "cool" places to eat at. As much as Manhattan can annoy me...I love it! lol. Can't wait to read your Trip Report!

You will not regret the day of sleep after you arrive! Shopping sounds like the perfect thing for a lazy, non park day!

We have gone now many times without our kids, they are much older, in fact one married child has one and three fourths children (grandson due next week!!)of her own. The first time I felt sad for a minute, then quickly discovered I loved walking around without a huge purse, and dealing with who wanted to go where right this minute. DH and I love just strolling and deciding what we wanted to do. I don't think until you get away from the kids that you realize just how much they can dictate every choice that is made!

We even have gotten bold enough to call them and face time them while the parades are going on, just to rub it in a little! Keep in mind they are much older than your kids and are able to handle the fun of us rubbing it in, at least they don't hate us yet. They seem to get a kick out of us going to a kids place without kids! Our son just recently pointed out to his girlfriend that we have more Disney photos and posters framed and displayed thruout our home than we have of them, sad but true!

Have a blast!!

Aw!! yeah that's what my husband says...once were there we'll enjoy it so much. not to mention it'll make our next trip with them that much more special.
So excited for you guys!!! Can't wait to hear alllllll about it!! My husband recently agreed to an adults only trip for us too!! Probably next yr tho.

CONGRATS!!! That just gives you plenty of time to Plan! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom