No Handicapped Parking at Boardwalk - Chg'd. $20 for Valet

DisneyMom51

Original Poster
Last night we dined at the Boardwalk area and parked at the Boardwalk Resort. My husband has a Florida handicapped parking permit, that was hanging from the rear view mirror; however, we were unable to find any available handicapped parking. We had always been told that if this happens, that the valet service is free, other than us tipping the attendants. When we went to pick up our car, we mentioned this and were told that they didn't care whether there was any handicapped parking or not, that we would have to pay the $20 fee. Would any one care to post any information regarding what is correct? Thank you.

epcotisbest

This is directly from the website:

ACCESSIBLE PARKING
Designated parking areas for Guests with disabilities are available throughout the Walt Disney World Resort. A valid disability parking permit is required.

VALET PARKING At locations offering valet parking, vehicles displaying a valid disability parking permit will receive complimentary service (instead of the fee).

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plain-text/hotels/

DisneyMom51

Original Poster
Thank you for the information; that's always what I thought. Any idea on who I should contact regarding this? Possibly the management of the Boardwalk Resort?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You should have asked for a manager right there! But being you did not I would contact The Boardwalk management and they can either help you or get you to who can. The valets report to a different management I believe but don't quote me on that. :)

BJones82

If you're still in WDW try stopping at GR maybe and seeing if they will either help you or if they can point you to who can, I would assume if you have your receipt still you should be able to get a refund :)

Sorry to hear this happened to you, try not to be too mad at the CM, they go through a lot and who knows what kind of day they were having, for all we know their parent died and they had to be at work because they couldn't take an extra day off... Obviously unlikely but just trying to say don't let it get to you :)

Goodluck!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If I am not mistaken, valet at the resorts is handled by an outside company and I have often found them to be quite ignorant regarding their own policies and quite shady in their practices. I even had them attempt to bill my room for valet parking when parking using free valet provided by TIWL (formerly DDE). After a few encounters I have adopted the policy of going straight to the hotel manager the second a problem arises with them. It stinks to have to do it, but it is the only thing that get results.

Hockey89

If I am not mistaken, valet at the resorts is handled by an outside company and I have often found them to be quite ignorant regarding their own policies and quite shady in their practices. I even had them attempt to bill my room for valet parking when parking using free valet provided by TIWL (formerly DDE). After a few encounters I have adopted the policy of going straight to the hotel manager the second a problem arises with them. It stinks to have to do it, but it is the only thing that get results.
Surprising they don't have their own people.... On a side note, does Disney own its own construction company or do they bid that out as well?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Surprising they don't have their own people.... On a side note, does Disney own its own construction company or do they bid that out as well?
Both, if I am not mistaken. Buena Vista Construction company is Disney's in house construction company, but most large projects have a good bit of it contracted out for good reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom