Trip Report No guys, no kids, no worries!

Well, as it's been almost 2 months since the cruise, I figured I probably should get a start on my TR. So, now seems as good a time as any. A little info about me- I currently live in Orlando, and love Disney. I went on my first-ever cruise in Feb 2012 on the Dream, and got bit by the cruising bug! I wound up being able to book the Fantasy for Oct 2012 (with my sister). It was fun, but ended on a bad note (we got hit by a hurricane, and the last couple of days were a wash...literally). Luckily, I had something to look forward to- the 1st ever WDWMagic Ladies' cruise! I was paired with Siobhan as a roommate, and was looking forward to meeting the other ladies (before the cruise, I had only ever met Holly). Well, here goes!

joanna71985

Original Poster
Sat, Sept 7th
It was finally the day before the cruise! After all this time (I joined up in the middle, but I believe this was in planning for about 2 years), the cruise was finally here! Some of the ladies decided to do a mini-gathering at the Grand Floridian, for dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Dinner was at 8:10, so I arrived about 7:40. Being early, I just relaxed in the lobby (and got to listen to the band playing on the second level). Then the others arrived. Including myself, there were 8 of us (including my roomie-to-be, Siobhan). It was nice getting to meet the others. It didn't take too long to be seated (although, we sure did take awhile getting the pre-picture taken!). I've always enjoyed the buffet there. Here's what I decided on
DSC_0448_zpsced028e3.jpg

1175392_10100740893585372_1648276160_n.jpg

After awhile, the characters started making their rounds. Unfortunately Prince Charming couldn't make it (he was stuck back at the kingdom), but all 4 of the ladies were there. I got my picture with all 4, but I only used my camera for the picture with Cinderella (the others were taken with other cameras).
DSC_0446_zpsb5f56410.jpg

Eventually it was time to get going- tomorrow was the big day! The only downside to the buffet (as I would find out later) was having an early breakfast the next morning (I believe it was only 9 hours or so later). I was excited to get going!

Ariel484

Yay! I know you did a good job of taking advantage of some of the on board activities I missed out on (I think you did the tour and some animation classes, right?) so I'm really looking forward to hearing about those!

joanna71985

Original Poster
Sorry for the delay! I hate that Real Life got in the way (pretty badly too). But since I had been mentioning on other TRs that I needed to finish mine (and I have free time today), now seems as good a time as any. So...let's get going!

joanna71985

Original Poster
Sun, Sept 8th
It's finally here- the big day!! After waiting for so long, it's finally Cruise Day. Most of the ladies (was it all?) met at the Poly for breakfast. It was nice getting to see everyone. I had a basic breakfast
DSC_0449_zps2f3d93cc.jpg

Most of the others were going over in a limo. However, as I was not staying on property, I decided to park at MCO and take the shuttle over. The trip overall was pretty painless, and didn't take too long. The only thing I didn't like was that the ship stuff had to be done at PC (instead of at MCO- I liked it much better that way).
DSC_0450_zpsb5974dfb.jpg

DSC_0459_zps4c8292a4.jpg

DSC_0470_zps069f5f5f.jpg

The wait at PC didn't take too long, and then it was time to go aboard! It was so nice going in to the lobby. As it was still too early for the room to be open, I went up to Cabanas for lunch (I think most of the other ladies had the same idea)

DSC_0474_zps3165f41b.jpg

DSC_0478_zpsecef5259.jpg

DSC_0480_zps37e9a346.jpg

DSC_0486_zpsa6169a59.jpg

mrdrift

Thank you for sharing with us this trip you have taken. Please keep the trip report and the pictures coming.

joanna71985

Original Poster
Can't wait for the rest ;)

Hopefully it won't be as long a gap as last time!

Thank you for sharing with us this trip you have taken. Please keep the trip report and the pictures coming.

Thank you for following along :)

Glad you're back on this report, Joanna. It is so cool to see this trip through another person's camera!

Thank you! It's good to be back

Your photos are spectacular, Joanna!!

The sight of that chandelier just makes me swoon, every time.

Aw, thank you! They aren't Tammy-caliber, but I'm happy with them

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom