NO EXPRESS PASS FOR ALL HARRY POTTER? only VIP?

Dvcden

Original Poster
so recently for out trip scheduled in augest did the usual... book a couple days at Universal (royal pasific) and 5 days at Disney... we would book at universal for the continuance and the express passes... well to our chagrin ALL HARRY POTTER RIDES don't accept EXPRESS PASSES!

So we opted to the VIP tour... not the $2500 one the one bellow that... after doing the math

$300 1 night for the room
$135 per ticket for 1 day park hopper
that alone woulda cost us $570 and NO FAST PASS/EXPRESS PASS TO HARRY POTTER FORBIDDEN JOURNEY, diagon Ally, hogwarts express, escape from Gringots?!?!?!

for $990 we got the VIP 7hr tour which gives us 10+ rides walk right on

I felt like this was ALOT more bang for the buck as we don't get to travel much ... has anyone here ever done the VIP tour? is it worth it? please comment... thanks

mweier

Is this just a temporary policy due to demand around the launch of diagon alley? Or has there never been express for FJ?

Dvcden

Original Poster
Is this just a temporary policy due to demand around the launch of diagon alley? Or has there never been express for FJ?

the woman on the phone said this is a permanent policy... they never built an express pass Que. at any of the new attractions ... I'm hoping someone on the forum will have more answers as I only got my info from the woman selling me the VIP pass :-(

GLaDOS

The attractions (FJ and Gringotts) were built with Express Queues. Forbidden Journey has never used it, however, and likely never will. The same goes with Gringotts.

maxairmike

Forbidden Journey is such a high-capacity ride that it really doesn't "need" Express, but it does have the third line for it, and down the line after another big headline attraction or two at IOA I would not be surprised to see them add it. I know Gringotts has an Express line (again, won't be used for several years, if ever), and I had heard a while ago when I was talking to a friend about operations for Hogwarts Express that it also has the ability for Express, but I'm no longer 100% on that. But like Gringotts and FJ, very low chance that attraction would see Express in the next several years.

EDIT: Of course, Dragons also really doesn't need Express (2 people-eating B&Ms mean waits that are hard-pressed to get above 20 min.), but it still has it, likely just because it was there from the get-go as Dueling Dragons, doesn't really impact the regular line much, and adds another ride it can be used on, in the Wizarding World no less.

KingdomofDreams

To my knowledge, Hogsmeade (Ollivanders, FJ) has never been included in Express Pass and Diagon (Gringotts, HE) won't be either. As mentioned above, I guess there is the possibility any of them could be at some point in the future, but doubtful it would be any time soon. Onsite guests do get early entry to these areas and attractions however.

We've not purchased VIP before. Never had any desire to do so. Just by staying onsite we receive unlimited EP to everything and can use the early entry to experience the HP areas and attractions. I guess the VIP entry at Gringotts will bypass the line at whatever time you arrive, allowing you to sleep in, but I also suspect you will miss a part of the experience bypassing the queue. Beyond bypassing the line for Gringotts and HE (FJ is not that bad at all these days), I'm wondering what real benefit it will have. That's a LOT of money to spend to bypass the line for two rides.

Tom Morrow

I'm happy with it never having Express pass. Forbidden Journey almost always has a manageable wait and is often 15 minutes or less. I'd like to keep it that way.

Dvcden

Original Poster
To my knowledge, Hogsmeade (Ollivanders, FJ) has never been included in Express Pass and Diagon (Gringotts, HE) won't be either. As mentioned above, I guess there is the possibility any of them could be at some point in the future, but doubtful it would be any time soon. Onsite guests do get early entry to these areas and attractions however.

We've not purchased VIP before. Never had any desire to do so. Just by staying onsite we receive unlimited EP to everything and can use the early entry to experience the HP areas and attractions. I guess the VIP entry at Gringotts will bypass the line at whatever time you arrive, allowing you to sleep in, but I also suspect you will miss a part of the experience bypassing the queue. Beyond bypassing the line for Gringotts and HE (FJ is not that bad at all these days), I'm wondering what real benefit it will have. That's a LOT of money to spend to bypass the line for two rides.

it's really not much more... think about it this way... our hotel room was $300 that's canceled, 2 tickets to 2 parks were $135 each... so those were included... $570 saved... used out timeshare PTs to stay extra night in disney BLT.... so in essence paid $330 to walk in the exits on everyride... I think it's like buying time no? even if you rope hop and your the 1st one there your not going to get all 4 potter attractions done before they open the flood gates lol they are at the end of opposite parks and I've noticed they are usually not all open early ... if I had a few days to kill I wouldn't do the VIP but we only have 1 day to get it done :-(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom