No cheese sauce, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissM

Burgers at Disney are VERY hit and miss. Sometimes, yes. They taste like the box they came in. And yet other times, I've actually enjoyed a hot, fresh burger. You honestly never quite know what you're getting. My husband gets a burger 99% of the time; I get a burger 50% of the time. So it's been a wide range with us on experiences.

Truthfully though, that can be said for just about anything QS. Chicken nuggets have been equally juicy, crispy bites of happiness and also dried out balls of tasteless cardboard depending on the day, location and random spinning of the QS wheel. So...it's all kind of a crapshoot.

I think for many people, the free-flowing hot cheese was a consistent way to "overcome" any deficiencies in your random lot of a meal by being a steady source of horrifyingly addictive flavor enhancement. While I've never been a particular fan, my husband definitely is as well as friends from the UK who simply could not get enough of the cheese sauce on their last visit a year or so ago! :D

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It was not that long ago they had moved to a better quality angus burger in all their food operartions, though for some reason it never actually tasted any better...maybe a little...maybe a degree better, but the volume i think prohibits them from making a perfectly cooked burger...the volume in all of the restaurants is just not condusive to fine cuisine, but they do a pretty good job...though I wish the burgers could be better too.

I'd be happy if a Disney burger for 8-12 dollars tasted as good as the burgers on the dollar menu at MickeyD's, Burger King or Wendys. I'm not expecting RedRobin or Five Guys quality burgers

AEfx

I'd be happy if a Disney burger for 8-12 dollars tasted as good as the burgers on the dollar menu at MickeyD's, Burger King or Wendys. I'm not expecting RedRobin or Five Guys quality burgers

Agreed. When you could get a burger meal and a drink for $9-10 I was OK with it, but the same thing costs like $16 now and it's freaking ridiculous. I cannot imagine how a family feels sitting down and looking at that tray of a few lousy burgers, a few small handfuls of fries, and looking at the receipt and realizing they just spent the equivalent of a week's grocery money.

righttrack

I am a food diva! Still, I would miss the bad liquid cheese topping. On some things, it's just appropriate. I wouldn't go putting it on a nice steak, but on a theme park burger and fries, it's just what it needs.

rob0519

Agreed. When you could get a burger meal and a drink for $9-10 I was OK with it, but the same thing costs like $16 now and it's freaking ridiculous. I cannot imagine how a family feels sitting down and looking at that tray of a few lousy burgers, a few small handfuls of fries, and looking at the receipt and realizing they just spent the equivalent of a week's grocery money.

Well if it's the family's first visit to WDW, they may be pretty "cheesed" off at the amount and quality of food on their plates for more than $50. Now if they are on the free dining plan, some of the sting may be lessened. For $12 we should expect at least the equivalent of a $6.99 burger at Red Robin and then settle for the $3.50 burger from McDonald's, but what most QS locations drop on that tray for $12 is robbery.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well if it's the family's first visit to WDW, they may be pretty "cheesed" off at the amount and quality of food on their plates for more than $50. Now if they are on the free dining plan, some of the sting may be lessened. For $12 we should expect at least the equivalent of a $6.99 burger at Red Robin and then settle for the $3.50 burger from McDonald's, but what most QS locations drop on that tray for $12 is robbery.

The problem arises of course from the fact that the $12 burger is not even as good as the ones served at Mickey D's for a buck...

21stamps

Well in this string, cheese is supposed to be a joke. It's also news, the lack of cheese is ongoing. No matter how much cheddar the company is raking in, there is still no hot cheese. This is really grating. We have gouda get the word out. These operations folks don't know jack. I'll have to talk to my bus driver friend Colby and see what he can get done. I really mish the hot cheese. but a bunch of folks on here are telling me to chechil. This shows a motal lack of customer awareness in my opinion though. And the greedy execs are just rubing their hand together. I think someone is lighvan about why they removed the cheese in the first place. Imsil angry.

One last point if chimay. I can livno longer without hot cheese at the parks. Who doesn't want to eat a havarti meal? Let's put an end to this saga. Stop being a bunch of weisslakers. You really urda my feelings. I really need to korall my thoughts and try posting later.

I guess i just greve for the hot cheese. I'm such a basket case right now.

Stop joking about the cheese oka?

*1023*

P.S. I appologize for all the typos. I can be such a brick sometimes.

I realize that this post is 2 years old, but I had to tell you-

Best. Post. Ever.

Bravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom