No cheese sauce, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon81uk

I didn't realize that. They should give it with the burgers. Disney needs all the help it can get in that department

But I guess there are also a lot of people who only want one side with their burger and don't want to feel forced to get mac'n'cheese and fries.

Also given how Disney are promoting healthy kids meals, why add such an unhealthy second side to their adult meals. Adding a side salad, coleslaw or a vegetable makes sense, adding a second carb/fat based dish alongside the fries seems stupid.

Plus if you really want cheese sauce dip its now an extra $1 for a cup.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
But I guess there are also a lot of people who only want one side with their burger and don't want to feel forced to get mac'n'cheese and fries.

Also given how Disney are promoting healthy kids meals, why add such an unhealthy second side to their adult meals. Adding a side salad, coleslaw or a vegetable makes sense, adding a second carb/fat based dish alongside the fries seems stupid.

Plus if you really want cheese sauce dip its now an extra $1 for a cup.

Which was the goal all along I suspect, Now they have 1 ounce of shelf stable cheese sauce which they can sell for a buck instead of 'giving away' condiments. Soon at this rate all condiments will be upcharge items.

Jon81uk

Which was the goal all along I suspect, Now they have 1 ounce of shelf stable cheese sauce which they can sell for a buck instead of 'giving away' condiments. Soon at this rate all condiments will be upcharge items.

They have actually added more free condiments at the toppings bars since the cheese sauce went away, so I doubt it is a money reason. There was a spicy mayo thing when were at Cosmic Rays and some other options I think.
I would guess it was either a more basic cost issue of that product going up in price (but the other condiments work out cheaper) or being discontinued by the supplier. Or it is linked to Disney trying to remove bad fats from their foods. Or just the cost of keeping it hot all the time.

disney4life2008

They have actually added more free condiments at the toppings bars since the cheese sauce went away, so I doubt it is a money reason. There was a spicy mayo thing when were at Cosmic Rays and some other options I think.
I would guess it was either a more basic cost issue of that product going up in price (but the other condiments work out cheaper) or being discontinued by the supplier. Or it is linked to Disney trying to remove bad fats from their foods. Or just the cost of keeping it hot all the time.

It was widely reported the cheese sauce was removed because a child got a severe burn when getting the sauce at one of the MK places. Then of course, mommy sued: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/disney-...d-sues-over-burns-from-meal-at-magic-kingdom/

disney4life2008

I cringe sometimes but it is only a matter of time before they remove the toppings bar. But in the back of my head, I think they keep it because it makes up for the expensive food and sometimes poor tasting food.

Pixie VaVoom

...and all of the Wisconson-ites collectively hung their 'cheese-heads" - having sensed a great disturbance in the 'Force".

Hubby and I also - as the displaced Wisconsin-ites.

Grumpy1973

"Perfectly" yes I am one that misses the cheese.. And if the child being burned was the only reason they removed it then they would have made it available for free by simply asking for it, but they didn't, started charging $1 for it instead, definately a cost cutting move..make us pay nearly $12 for a crappy cheeseburger and crappy fries and then charge for "plastic" cheese

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
"Perfectly" yes I am one that misses the cheese.. And if the child being burned was the only reason they removed it then they would have made it available for free by simply asking for it, but they didn't, started charging $1 for it instead, definately a cost cutting move..make us pay nearly $12 for a crappy cheeseburger and crappy fries and then charge for "plastic" cheese

Or replaced with a cold flowing cheese...

BuddyThomas

I cannot believe that I am posting on this whack-tastic thread, but I was there last week, and here is a big sign near the cash register at Cosmic Rays. So get your dollar bills ready for that funky cheese sauce of your dreams. ;)
Add Cheese one dollar.JPG

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I cannot believe that I am posting on this whack-tastic thread, but I was there last week, and here is a big sign near the cash register at Cosmic Rays. So get your dollar bills ready for that funky cheese sauce of your dreams. ;)
View attachment 175101

Buddy, thank you for supplying us with the photographic proof! :p (Funny thing is that I don't use plastic cheese at home or when I go out to a local burger place. Yet, when I'm in WDW, I crave it on my burger! Perhaps it's to mask the flavor of their burgers? o_O :D )

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Buddy, thank you for supplying us with the photographic proof! :p (Funny thing is that I don't use plastic cheese at home or when I go out to a local burger place. Yet, when I'm in WDW, I crave it on my burger! Perhaps it's to mask the flavor of their burgers? o_O :D )

As I've noted before the boxes the burgers ship in would probably taste better than the burgers served at WDW. it's a mystery why Disney cannot produce a burger which is reasonably tasty it's not that they are being forced to sell them for .99...

Bocabear

It was not that long ago they had moved to a better quality angus burger in all their food operartions, though for some reason it never actually tasted any better...maybe a little...maybe a degree better, but the volume i think prohibits them from making a perfectly cooked burger...the volume in all of the restaurants is just not condusive to fine cuisine, but they do a pretty good job...though I wish the burgers could be better too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom