No chance to have reservations?

nd140

Original Poster
Planning my trip for November, this time we decided to check out some of the MK restaurants for dinner, only to discover that there is no way to book those that late in the game. Really? So, from what I understand, I have to book my dinners at least 5-6 months in advance and THEN plan all my vacation around my dinner plans? Or is there still a chance for us to dine in MK restaurants?

Magical Dreamer

Keep trying..... if your diligent enough chances are you'll get in..... there's a higher cancellation rate 55-45 days out due to package reservation final payment.

When a guest cancels a reservation it immediately opens to booking.... its all a timing thing.

good luck.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Also MK does not have many sit down restaurants compared to say at Epcot so it's always a lot harder to book the longer you wait.
But yes keep trying even while there keep trying and don't just check online call also. Sometimes one shows availability and the other does not. :)

Disney Shib

Where are you looking to make reservations for in MK? I just helped my boss make reservations for November this morning and she dinner at Crystal Palace and lunch in Cinderella's Royal Table. Try switching your times around a little bit. :) Good luck.

nd140

Original Poster
We are planning to be in MK on Nov 15 and 18 (the days of electrical parade) and wanted to make reservations in 'Be our guest' or "Cinderella Table". I guess the days of electrical parade are even more popular. I did call them as well, no luck. I'll keep trying.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We are planning to be in MK on Nov 15 and 18 (the days of electrical parade) and wanted to make reservations in 'Be our guest' or "Cinderella Table". I guess the days of electrical parade are even more popular. I did call them as well, no luck. I'll keep trying.
Those are the 2 most popular restaurants at MK!! Electrical parade or not they book solid well in advance.
You can also do BOG for lunch as a QS and frankly me and DH prefer it at lunch for many reasons. :)

HouCuseChickie

Be Our Guest is probably the single most difficult ADR to secure at WDW. You could be logged in right at 6am ET on day 180 and still miss out on Be Our Guest. The best thing to do is keep trying. Search for dinner instead of a specific time. Flexibility in time is a must if you're booking at this point.

I don't know when you're going in November, but if you're going towards the tail end of Food & Wine i.e. around Veteran's Day or closer to Thanksgiving, you're also going to be dealing with heavier crowds. There's also free dining for parts of November, which is naturally going to make it much more difficult to get hard to get reservations.

Still, if you're willing to stalk...and I mean stalk...the website...you might just get lucky. I've had wonderful luck by stalking - especially the last 2 to 3 weeks before my check in date...but I've also been willing to check the website 100+ times per day. I don't even bother with the phones as I can check the website MANY MANY times in that time frame rather than messing around in the phone menus.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Checking our October dates, you can't get dinner in MK for most non-party nights. Could be what is messing up your plans as well. We could get lunch though, even at CP.

Some forums offer ADR watch groups. We score last minute ADRs everytime that way.

mattdenine

FP+ lunch at BOG is a great option and what we did this past April. That being said I stacked the website everyday from the 180 day mark right up until the day we left and seen multiple openings for BOG none of which lasted long but there were openings.

My daughter will be 3 on our next trip so Cinderella's Royal Table is on the top of my list I'm not looking forward to hunting down that ADR

mouse_luv

Depends on where you are wanting to eat and when exactly you are going. My DBF and I planned our whole trip a month before going (Including dining) and had no issues(we probably lucked out).

epcot2004

Planning my trip for November, this time we decided to check out some of the MK restaurants for dinner, only to discover that there is no way to book those that late in the game. Really? So, from what I understand, I have to book my dinners at least 5-6 months in advance and THEN plan all my vacation around my dinner plans? Or is there still a chance for us to dine in MK restaurants?

There is always a chance if you keep trying. Other than that, yes, you will have to plan your days around ADRs (and FP+), that is just how it is now for better or for worse.

We book our ADRs at midnight 180 days out and FP+ at midnight 60 days out, almost takes some of the fun out of it once you get there. Seems necessary to do since if I know that far out that I did not get something we will be disappointed before we leave the house.

MickeyMomV

Keep trying. You never know when someone will ditch their reservations because they either had to cancel their trip or changed their days up!

The4mousekeeters

It may have been a huge fluke, but we did not make reservations prior one time and we were able to walk up and put our name in at Crystal Palace. It was about a 30 minute wait. Very fortunate. I'm guessing someone cancelled that day and we were in the right place at the right time. Don't know that you could do that for CRT or BOG, but you may get lucky at Crystal Palace or Tony's, etc. Good luck - I hope you're able to find an open spot ahead of time - don't give up and don't worry - you'll have a magical time regardless! :)

Last edited:

JillC LI

I guess the days of electrical parade are even more popular.

It's not just the parade. It's that the non-parade days are mostly Mickey's Very Merry Xmas Party days so the park closes early, and people without party tickets want to go to the MK on a day they can stay until closing to see the late parade, fireworks and have more park time.

BigTxEars

I picked up my BOG ADRs 180 days out, they were available for a few days after that but were gone at the 175 day mark or so from what I saw. And we are going in Jan, a slow time if not the slowest time. Pretty crazy.

stevehousse

You could always also try the restaurants on the monorail loop...the character meals and ohana could be difficult still but the others shouldn't be too much of a problem getting in! What dates r u looking for exactly? I actually just cancelled my trip for November (health complications with my wife's pregnancy) the other day but I have yet to release any of my ADRs...my trip was planned for Nov 11-18. If u r looking for anything for those dates I can provide the list for you...

SSH

Hope I'm not hijacking the thread...just wondering if anyone here ever had any luck scoring the Candlelight Procession dinner package within 1-2 month window of trip? Was hoping for Via Napoli on Tues, 12/7 - a long shot, I know. WDW rep said to start calling daily within 30 days of arrival and especially a day before, due to the $10 no show fee....but Magical Dreamer mentioned 45-55 days due to final payments, which seems to make sense too.

nd140

Original Poster
You could always also try the restaurants on the monorail loop...the character meals and ohana could be difficult still but the others shouldn't be too much of a problem getting in! What dates r u looking for exactly? I actually just cancelled my trip for November (health complications with my wife's pregnancy) the other day but I have yet to release any of my ADRs...my trip was planned for Nov 11-18. If u r looking for anything for those dates I can provide the list for you...
Our dates are November 13-20, so our park days will be November 14-19. Hope you did not release those reservations yet, I would really appreciate if you provide the list! Thank you so much! PS - for some reason I didn't get any email notifications on my post, so didn't login to the site in the past several days, I wish I saw your post earlier.

stevehousse

I am quickly reading my notifications while having a quick cig before my kid goes to school. When I get back home I will post for you! About an hour!

Courtney6682

When I have no luck on the website, I tend to have better luck over the phone. If the place we want is booked I give a few hours window of when we'd like to eat and they tell me what's avail and then we go from there. So we might not get the place we wanted, but we have always been happy with whatever was available. Like everyone else is saying...just keep trying!!;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom