Nintendo Revolution, Open Brainstorming

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
True, true. Nonetheless, there were still so many characters who could have had a chance in the game. But now that the total amount of characters is...gulps...58...that means the possibilities are truly endless for our own Smash game that we are designing here!

Twilight_Roxas

So I thought of the Xenoblade Chronicles game that could be a non canonical spin-off game that is well a mix of Xenoblade Chronicles, and Star Wars like retelling the A New Hope with new characters made exclusively for this game the original characters like Luke, Leia, Hans Solo, Chewbacca, CP3O, R2-D2, Obi-Wan, and Darth Vader appear as well so you could say its a collaboration between Disney & Nintendo.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Wait, why does it have to be Xenoblade Chronicles? I'm pretty sure that a standalone Star Wars game would be awesome and successful in its own right, it doesn't need to have a tie-in or similar style to another existing franchise.

Twilight_Roxas

I thought it would be a good collaboration between Disney & Nintendo using two existing franchises in one game with Xenoblade Chronicles, and Star Wars plus the game wouldn't be canon in both franchises anyway.

Twilight_Roxas

Hey Mew can I suggest reviving your idea The Legend of Zelda: Veil of Darkness. Because I have a Zelda port idea that is about to be release in March.

Miru

Concerning this proposed launch lineup...

1. New Console: Nintendo Revolution; HD High-Tech Console that possibly utilizes modernized cartridges in place of the typical discs. Wireless controllers will most likely be utilized, touchscreen-free. I think that many of the Wii U's features should be carried over, including Miis, YouTube, Netflix, an Internet Explorer, Virtual Console, and so on. It wouldn't hurt to include a Blu-ray player either, better yet compatibility with the Wii and Wii U.
2. Super Mario All-Stars II (Three-Disc Collection of Classic Mario Titles Remastered)
3. The Legend of Zelda: Non-Gimmicky Adventure
4. Super Smash Bros. Revolution
5. Open World Mario Game (Super Mario Revolution?)
6. Pikmin 4
7. Mickey Mania Remake
8. Super Mario Maker 2
9. Original Nintendo IP
10. Nintendo Purchases Rare Back

I know it's A LOT of first-party titles (excluding Mickey), but can you imagine how awesome this would be for a roster of launch titles? That's eight equally epic games, not to mention however many third-party titles would also be released, especially if Rare is brought back into the picture. This could prospectively create a whole new generation of "retro-gamers."

I don't like it too much. Pikmin is, and has always been, a niche franchise, and isn't really a strong launch title. I would replace it with a more mainstream franchise such as Metroid.

Super Mario All-Stars 2 is a great idea on paper, and your executions have been mostly good, but seriously flawed. This is concerning what games are included or excluded. Excluding more recent games makes some sense, but why leave out the Wii and U titles and not the 3DS ones? Where are the Game Boy games? I would be more willing to judge inclusion based on popularity as opposed to recency. Since "Super Mario Sunshine" was rather unpopular outside of Mario's dedicated fandom, it is going to be excluded from the compilation on that basis. The same applies to "Super Mario World 2" and/or "Yoshi's Story" and the later "New Super Mario Bros" games. I do like the idea of rolling up games that were too similar into one, like with SMB and Lost Levels, or Galaxy 1 and 2. I would do this with:

SMB+ Lost Levels + Deluxe + Special
NSMBW + NSMB2 + NSMBU + Luigi
Galaxy + Galaxy 2

EDIT: The two removed games will be included unchanged as unlockable titles unless the revisions fix what went wrong with them (the bad gimmicks)

With the removed and fused games, I suggest the additions of the Super Mario Land games, the first Donkey Kong Country, and Wario Land to reflect the Mario universe in its entirety. I'm debating over whether to remove Yoshi's Story or World 2 for this reason. For the Luigi's Mansion re-make, I suggest the ability to free Madame Clairvoya after beating the game, where you find that she has earned life. I also suggest Princess Daisy appear as a damsel in distress in both Mansion games.

Zelda's collection is another story, a much sadder one. Zelda really did fall into disarray after the N64, unlike Mario, who has had a few scattered duds. For that I suggest this:

Cart I

* The Legend of Zelda (also has "BS Mode")
* Zelda II: Link's Adventure
* The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
* The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Cart II

* The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
* The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
* Zelda Oracle series combination

Cart III

* The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
* Hyrule Warriors
* A "Gallery Mode" to view info about games that didn't make the compilation.

Last edited:

Flippin'Flounder

Concerning this proposed launch lineup...

I don't like it too much. Pikmin is, and has always been, a niche franchise, and isn't really a strong launch title. I would replace it with a more mainstream franchise such as Metroid.

Super Mario All-Stars 2 is a great idea on paper, and your executions have been mostly good, but seriously flawed. This is concerning what games are included or excluded. Excluding more recent games makes some sense, but why leave out the Wii and U titles and not the 3DS ones? Where are the Game Boy games? I would be more willing to judge inclusion based on popularity as opposed to recency. Since "Super Mario Sunshine" was rather unpopular outside of Mario's dedicated fandom, it is going to be excluded from the compilation on that basis. The same applies to "Super Mario World 2" and/or "Yoshi's Story" and the later "New Super Mario Bros" games. I do like the idea of rolling up games that were too similar into one, like with SMB and Lost Levels, or Galaxy 1 and 2. I would do this with:

SMB+ Lost Levels + Deluxe + Special
NSMBW + NSMB2 + NSMBU + Luigi
Galaxy + Galaxy 2

With the removed and fused games, I suggest the additions of the Super Mario Land games, the first Donkey Kong Country, and Wario Land to reflect the Mario universe in its entirety. I'm debating over whether to remove Yoshi's Story or World 2 for this reason. For the Luigi's Mansion re-make, I suggest the ability to free Madame Clairvoya after beating the game, where you find that she has earned life. I also suggest Princess Daisy appear as a damsel in distress in both Mansion games.

Zelda's collection is another story, a much sadder one. Zelda really did fall into disarray after the N64, unlike Mario, who has had a few scattered duds. For that I suggest this:

Cart I

* The Legend of Zelda (also has "BS Mode")
* Zelda II: Link's Adventure
* The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
* The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Cart II

* The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
* The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
* Zelda Oracle series combination

Cart III

* The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
* Hyrule Warriors
* A "Gallery Mode" to view info about games that didn't make the compilation.
I don't think Hyrule Warriors should be in it, since it's a spinoff. Maybe have Wind Waker or Skyward Sword instead. I also think Link Between Worlds should be somewhere.

Miru

I don't think Hyrule Warriors should be in it, since it's a spinoff. Maybe have Wind Waker or Skyward Sword instead. I also think Link Between Worlds should be somewhere.

A heavily retooled Wind Waker (with elements of Four Swords, FSA, PH, and ST added in) would work, but Skyward Sword is an atrocity on level with Other M and Sonic Boom and deserves to be left out. Link Between Worlds would be fine as an extra game mode for Link to the Past, like how BS Zelda is an extra mode to the original.

Here is my revised game list:

Cart I

1. The Legend of Zelda (with unlockable alternate "BS Mode" after completion of all four Quests)
  2. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  3. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (mostly based on DX, but with some elements of the original. Malin comes back as winged humanoid rather than a gull in best ending)
  4. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (with unlockable alternate "Between Worlds" mode after completion of game)
Cart II

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (also includes Master Quest)
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  3. The Legend of Zelda: Oracles of Ages, Seasons, and Colors (combines all three Oracle games)
  4. Link, The Ultimate Wind Waker (heavily-revised MEGA GAME that combines Wind Waker HD with elements (i.e. mostly dungeons and enemies) of Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks. The art style has also been changed. Characters are more realistically proportioned while remaining cel-shaded. The puzzles are all redone again to be more in the vein of older Zelda puzzles)
Cart III
  1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (features redone puzzles, like Wind Waker and Majora's Mask. May also include some elements of Skyward Sword)
  2. Hyrule Warriors
  3. Gallery Mode.

As far as third-party is concerned, how about Toby Fox's Undertale? This remastered version of the game includes:

• Full-blown hard mode, which features new bosses, enemies, endings, and routes.
    • Doggo and Muffet are upgraded to full bosses, complete with new Genocide forms and more. You also fight them as Lost Souls in True Pacifist.
    • All of the bosses have Genocide forms. Toriel, for example, has the Gatekeeper form.
    • Sans and Papyrus now double-team you.
    • Alphys will actually engage in battle.
    • The previously unused mini-bosses now appear.
    • Monster Kid now fights you on No Mercy or worse.
    • Exclusive "Mega-Amalgamate" boss on Genocide or below.
    • New "Total Extinction" route available on completion of a Genocide run.
      • The first way to tell if you have triggered total extinction if if you can attack Flowey.
      • Bosses activate their Genocide forms quicker
      • Fight and kill every single character in the underground, including the Monster Kid and other important non-combatnants, the many shopkeepers, previously unkillable encounters such as the Amalgamates and Napstablook, and even the NPCs.
      • Some bosses have exclusive forms.
      • Even sub-bosses have second forms
    • True final battle against Chara and Asriel, so you can save them or at least get closure. You will also encounter W.D. Gaster.
  • Fan-art gallery
  • Making-of documentary

Last edited:

Miru

Windwaker already got remade & Twilight Princess HD remake is on the way. Btw Miru have any thoughts for Super Smash Bros. Revolution?

New playable characters:

* Inkling
* 8-bit Mario and/or Paper Mario
* Gardevoir
* Shantae
* Rayman
* Bomberman
* Doomguy

Assist Trophies:
* Knuckles the Echidna
* Blaze the Cat
* Axl
* Chun-Li
* Tifa Lockheart
* Natia
* Moskito
* Risky Boots
* Cacodemon
* Mike Haggar
* Morrigan Aensland
* Ristar
* NiGHTS
* Axel Stone
* Klonoa
* Jibanyan
* Sash Lilac
* Terry Bogard
* Scorpion

Characters who get cut:

* Dr. Mario (now skin for Mario)
* Dark Pit (now skin for Pit)
* Lucas (now skin for Ness)
* Roy (now skin for Marth)
* Lucina (same as Roy)

New stages

* City Escape (Sonic the Hedgehog series)
* Hangar (DOOM)

Twilight_Roxas

Since this year is Sonic's 25th anniversary. Sonic Generations will be a Revolution game, but unlike the PS3, Xbox 360, and 3DS this version will have new stages (excluding one), and three new bosses (excluding the rival bosses).

Tails, Amy, and Knuckles are throwing a birthday party for Sonic till a entity known as the Time Eater traps his friends, and sends Sonic to a unknown place call White Space. Teaming up with his classic self both Sonics begin to restore time, and stop the Time Eater.

Characters
--------------
Modern Sonic
Classic Sonic
Modern Tails
Classic Tails
Modern Amy
Classic Amy
Modern Knuckles
Classic Knuckles
Metal Sonic
Shadow the Hedgehog
Silver the Hedgehog
Modern Eggman /Dr.Eggman
Classic Eggman/Dr.Robotnik

Stages
--------
Classic Era
--------------
Green Hill-Sonic the Hedgehog 1
Oil Ocean-Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Ice Cap-Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Rival Boss: Metal Sonic-Stardust Speedway Bad Future-Sonic CD
Classic Era Boss: The Final Weapon-Sonic 3D Blast

Dreamcast Era
------------------
Twinkle Park-Sonic Adventure
Metal Harbor-Sonic Adventure 2
Final Fortress-Sonic Heroes
Rival Boss: Shadow the Hedgehog-Final Rush
Dreamcast Era Boss: Metal Overlord-Sonic Heroes

Modern Era
--------------
Kingdom Valley-Sonic the Hedgehog 2006
Dragon Road-Sonic Unleashed
Starlight Carnival-Sonic Colors
Rival Boss: Silver the Hedgehog-Crisis City-Sonic 06
Modern Era Boss: Egg Wyvern-Sonic 06
Final Boss: Time Eater

brb1006

I wonder if this could make a great opportunity for some representation of the Yo-Kai Watch series since it's mainly on the 3DS? It's huge in Japan and has started becoming a following in the US/Canada despite most Pokemon fans hating it thinking it's the next Pokemon. Maybe a meet and greet featuring Jibanyan and Komasan could be cool.
nint764-yokai-watch-launch-edm-article-image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom