Nintendo Revolution 2.0, Open Brainstorming

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
True, I'm incredibly busy with school, work, SYWTBAI, my still in-progress dream resort, AND running my company, but nonetheless, I've been meaning to initiate this thread for quite some time now. Just for a little extra fun on the side. I promise that all my already in-progress projects (i.e. SYWTBAI and my dream resort) will still be completed, you just need to give me a little extra time to do so, especially for the dream resort. :p Unlike my dream resort, this thread is intended for everyone to be involved so, in a way, this thread shouldn't die or come to an unexpected halt due to its reliance on one person providing content.

This thread is a sequel to Nintendo Revolution, Open Brainstorming, one of the most popular threads I have started on these boards. After careful consideration and reflection, I've decided that the purpose of this thread will be to design new (or remade) games rather than the design of an entirely new console. The original Nintendo Revolution thread became a little too convoluted and got a little too out of hand, mostly on my part. I'd rather keep this thread as a place where anyone can come forward with ideas and share them for others to critique and contribute to. Where will I begin?

The Legend of Zelda: The Hero of Time

An important part of my childhood was The Legend of Zelda series, mostly Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (as well as The Wind Waker, if not to a lesser extent). I've spent many, many happy hours exploring both Hyrule and Termina in the shoes of the legendary Hero of Time. To this day, I still play the games (now on the 3DS rather than the N64) and still feel nostalgia when their timeless soundtracks grace my eardrums. That being said, I believe that, while the 3DS remakes were stellar, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask deserve a little more love than that...

Imagine exploring a realm as richly-detailed and hyper-realistic as the clip presented above. If the upcoming Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild means anything, it means that there is no reason why these two classic games shouldn't be able to receive such tender love and affection. Better yet, imagine a collector's edition where Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are featured side-by-side in an HD remake beyond any Zelda fan's wildest dreams... The possibilities are absolutely endless. An expanded overworld and quest with a re-orchestrated soundtrack, re-imagined and redefined visuals, and more adventure than ever before. I will post a more detailed list at a later time.

Now then, let the brainstorming begin! Please submit your ideas for the next generation of Nintendo titles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom