Nintendo princesses Vs Disney princesses?

gonnichi

Original Poster
Just wondering if Universal parks will try to bring a lot of the Nintendo princesses into the parks as a way to make their parks even more appealing to girls. Will this have an effect on Disney princesses in WDW? Just wondering if this has been brought up already. If anyone has any ideas or has heard any rumors it would be nice find out about some of what could be happening with the Nintendo princesses.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Just wondering if Universal parks will try to bring a lot of the Nintendo princesses into the parks as a way to make their parks even more appealing to girls. Will this have an effect on Disney princesses in WDW? Just wondering if this has been brought up already. If anyone has any ideas or has heard any rumors it would be nice find out about some of what could be happening with the Nintendo princesses.

I think to early to know anything they just signed the papers. I would love to see Peach and Daisy!

mahnamahna101

my guess for M&Gs (Nintendo overall)
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Captain Toad
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Link
Zelda
Tingle
Ganondorf
Pikachu
the 3 original starters
Ash
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Meowth
Jessie and James

I'd love to see Nintendo replace the current Superstar Parade too

champdisney

I remember the days when Crash Bandicoot was out and about. Whatever happened to him? Yes, I'm fully aware of his irrelevancy but he's still a Universal owned character with a huge fan following still in existence. Crash was a real treat to meet especially when he was equipped with his megaphone, awesome guest interactions.

jloucks

I kinda thought Marge was as popular as most Disney princesses. I have certainly been exposed to her more hours in my lifetime.

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

I also think Universal could use Glenda and Elphaba to connect more with teen girls.

WickedTK372.jpg

BrianV

Universal owns Wicked: The Musical.

The Oz books are in public domain now. They just can't use the MGM movie's characterizations.

Ok. So to be clear, owning is not necessarily sufficient. Disney owns marvel but can't use in orlando. Would owning wicked be enough to use characters that are in wicked at the parks, even if they were also in The Wizad of Oz movie? (I've never read wicked or seen the musical, so I have no idea how much it overlaps with the movie.)

Disneyhead'71

Yes, Universal can use Wicked. And there is almost no overlap with The Wizard of Oz.

Universal already had a shortened version in Osaka. When it closed they packed up the sets, and they are now in storage here in Orlando. They are just waiting for it to lose a little steam. They have 3 road shows touring the US and they are still selling out every night. They won't put it in the park while it is selling so hot.

BrianV

Yes, Universal can use Wicked. And there is almost no overlap with The Wizard of Oz.

Universal already had a shortened version in Osaka. When it closed they packed up the sets, and they are now in storage here in Orlando. They are just waiting for it to lose a little steam. They have 3 road shows touring the US and they are still selling out every night. They won't put it in the park while it is selling so hot.

Cool. That would be fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom