1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando' started by Sped2424, May 7, 2015.

1. snek

snek Member

Haha these people trying to convince others the switch is gonna suck and I'm over here cursing target for not having better shipping and having to wait till Monday to get mine. Console wars amuse me. I'm device agnostic so I got nothing to lose. :)

Mike S likes this.
  2. Jimmy Thick

Jimmy Thick Well-Known Member

image.jpeg

See you all in a month. Don't mind my sons Green Bay Packer blanket, I know it's disgusting...

3. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

Blind passion? What I said was mostly fact based with some opinion thrown in.
    Nintendo says a lot of things. Like when the DS was supposed to be a "third pillar" alongside the GBA and GameCube. Or when "NX" (Switch) wasn't replacing Wii U.
    https://nintendowire.com/news/2016/06/08/nintendos-third-pillars-ds-nx-comparison/amp/
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technol...-pledge-support-3ds-new-games-least-2018/amp/
    Atlus has already announced that the next Shin Megami Tensei game will be exclusive to Switch and the developers of Bravely Default are also making their next game exclusive to Switch. Both used to develop for 3DS.
    If it gets similar support that other recent portables have then no it's not a horrible place.
    I didn't say that. I said Nintendo would make more games than Microsoft. Microsoft doesn't make or even get a lot of exclusive games anymore.
    Except we're already seeing games announced for it from developers with a bigger vision than just making a simple phone game.
    The Switch as a portable device cannot be on par with PS4 and XBO unless you want an even smaller battery life.
    The engine is as old as the PS4 and XBO. Are you crapping on those now in a desperate attempt to continue your "Nintendo sucks!" mantra? ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I will probably get something like a car charger and a portable battery pack if I find I really need it. I would also do the same thing I did with my 3DS and only really play when I'll be in one spot for a while. I'll also bring the charger with me since there's outlets everywhere in major areas.
    Yeah I've seen that a few times. I've also read the opposite. How about judging for yourself?
    All huge open world games have these problems to some extent and this is also Nintendo's biggest game to date. It's not going to be absolute perfection on those fronts.
    Ok then.
    They got rid of the incredibly successful GameBoy line for DS so who's to say it can't happen again if the Switch is a success? Also the quote about a 3DS successor was a mistranslation.
    http://nintendoeverything.com/clarification-on-3ds-successor-news/
    I could say the exact same to you. Now if you don't mind I'll be leaving this thread for a while to take care of some stuff and setup my Switch :)

snek likes this.
  4. Corey P

Corey P Well-Known Member

The DS was an improvement over the GameBoy.

The 3DS is a very nice small device. You can watch netflix on it, edit photos, sounds, game against people in the same room. The 3D part of the 3DS is actually useless, no one uses it. You probably do but 99% of the kids I talk to don't use it and that is the main 3DS customer. I doubt the 3Ds is going any where any time soon. How much more can you do with a small hand held device that small children play with? Certainly don't want it fully connected to the internet.

5. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

I actually barely play my 3DS anymore but I did love using the 3D. The last retail game I bought for it was Majora's Mask. It'll definitely be a slower phase out than the Wii U had but it's days are definitely numbered. I made a bet with someone on a Nintendo blog that the last major game release from Nintendo on the 3DS would be before March 2018. This doesn't include spin-offs, small scale projects, ports, or shared Switch games. Don't know or care to guess when exactly it'll be discontinued altogether but to be completely honest it kind of already feels like it is due to how little of them I see available in stores anymore but that is due to higher demand than expected during the holidays.

Oh and Switch does support up to 8 players on local wireless which is double what the 3DS can do.

6. Cesar R M

Cesar R M Well-Known Member

I actually laugh at those who complain about stuttering, fps problems on the switch.
    Have they played the PS3 and PS4?
    They still stutter and slowdown. For me, this is not an issue of consoles or even computers.. Designers and game makers are just more lazy in their optimization.
    I've seen games that Do not have graphics on the levels of next gen.. yet stutter horrible thanks to awful implementation (one fine example is Deus Ex Mankind Divided)

Speaking of games.. Im not sure if I shared, but a few days ago.. Ubisoft and Cameron announced they would be making a "huge game" based on Avatar. I wonder if it would follow the "

Mike S likes this.
  7. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

From my time with Breath of the Wild I haven't noticed any kind of dramatic frame rate drop. Maybe there were a few small dips here and there but nothing that really caught my attention enough for me to notice and call it out. I was enjoying the game way too much, even taking it out of the house!!! :D

Cesar R M and JustInTime like this.
  8. Jimmy Thick

Jimmy Thick Well-Known Member

I've played BotW for a little over 5 hours now and I haven't had any major issues with dropped frames or graphical pop in that would be comparable to any PC game I have played. World of Warcraft which is ancient in terms of gaming still can get a noticable dose of pop in at times, big deal. Im convinced people just want to complain about something just to complain or Nintendo bash, and there is a lot of it going on. Nintendo's only real issue with the crappy launch titles to go along with the Switch, thats a valid complaint, everything else is just fanboi's being fanboi's.

BTW, BotW has been amazing so far, its starts a little slow but once you get past the initial start up/tutorial sequence that all games seem to have now, it gets that magical Zelda charm, hang in there.

Coke vs Pepsi
    Bud vs Miller
    Disney vs Universal
    Nvidia/Intel vs AMD
    Nintendo vs Other hardware makers.

Its makes great forum fodder, it most certainly does.

Cesar R M and Mike S like this.
  9. BubbaQuest

BubbaQuest Well-Known Member

My only visual complaint (on the WiiU) is the poor anti-aliasing and some weak texture maps, primarily the bushes. Seriously, did they port these from the original NES game? :). The other disappointment is the lack of WiiU tablet support. They added map/inventory tablet support for Wind Waker, why couldn't they do it here? I'm assuming there were performance issues trying to run both screens. The game is very slow to recover if I use the Home button to bring up the browser or notifications.

But really, these are minor, minor complaints. Overall this has been a joy to play. It deserves the high praise it has been getting.

I've been trying to stay out of the game/console talk, but I bring this up because Nintendo desperately needed a console seller and they definitely just released one. I could see a Zelda/Mario Kart/Switch bundle being a big holiday seller.

How does this impact Uni? Well, rumors are the Zelda attraction was already axed. If the latest Zelda becomes another gaming classic like Ocarina, Uni and Nintendo may want to rethink that decision.

Cesar R M, Sped2424 and Mike S like this.
  10. Magenta Panther

Magenta Panther Well-Known Member

So, um...is the Switch any good? I'm looking to buy a new game system. I like Playstation, but to me, Nintendo has the best game characters.

Mike S likes this.
  11. BubbaQuest

BubbaQuest Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd wait on the Switch unless you are a Zelda fan. The reviews have been mixed, and I have a feeling like the WiiU it's not really going to show its true potential for at least 6 months. If triple-A third party publishers jump on board, I think this will be a good system. If Nintendo keeps delaying features (like a virtual console) and games, it could quickly become another WiiU.

Nintendo has lined up some indie developers. So that could be another factor if you like some of the smaller, indie games like Pushmo.

Sped2424 likes this.
  12. Twilight_Roxas

Twilight_Roxas Well-Known Member

and behold Breath of the Wild is critically acclaimed.

Sped2424 and Mike S like this.
  13. Siren

Siren Well-Known Member

Sigh. These game cartridges are too small, just like the 3DS. I totally lost my Cooking Mama and Garden Mama games somewhere. I must have thrown them away or something.

Anyway, while the console is amazing, it still needs Super Mario Odyssey like yesterday.

14. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

For how long I've been able to play I've been mostly exploring the first area at my leisure trying to find everything. It didn't really feel like a tutorial. It felt like jumping right into the game.
    Not a problem on Switch!!! :D
    I'm loving it so far and Zelda seems like such a huge game it could keep you occupied for a while. Especially if you plan on beating it 100% like me. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is also next month. It'll be getting all of Nintendo's games too since it's a hybrid so that already means more games than Wii U got.

Magenta Panther likes this.
  15. JustInTime

JustInTime Well-Known Member

Yes. Hands down get it. It's amazing. BOTW is the most detailed game I've ever played.

Magenta Panther, Sped2424 and Mike S like this.
  16. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

Sped2424 likes this.
  17. JustInTime

Sped2424 and Mike S like this.
  18. Disneyhead'71

Disneyhead'71 Well-Known Member

Turn your phone sideways (landscape) and you can see the signatures.

Mike S likes this.
  19. JustInTime

Welp. My mind is kinda blown. Thank you!

Mike S and Disneyhead'71 like this.
  20. Sped2424

Sped2424 Well-Known Member Original Poster

The switch is great btw most complaints in reviews that I have seen seem to be about functionality of the OS and lack of software. Something that is easily EASILY fixable by nintendo.

danpam1024, Mike S and JustInTime like this.