Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Mike S

The DS and 3DS were wildly successful, I don't see why they need an upgrade? Every kid in my neighborhood had one of those. Their trying to come up with some gimmick of why you need the latest greatest but my daughters 3DS did everything in a small package. BTW none of the kids used the 3D and I didn't see the use of it either. The biggest improvement was being able to watch NetFlix on the 3DS other then that it was just a DS. The DS was cool. How far can you take a hand held gaming device? When I was a kid and Atari ruled the world the DS would have blown my mind.

The real problem is kids are being given cell phones at an early age, plenty of games for those and everything else. Personally I don't think anyone under 18 should have a smart phone, way to many ways to get into or see things you shouldn't be seeing. Under 18 should have flip phones, nothing higher tech then that.
Upgrades, or rather new consoles, come out when older hardware, well, gets old. The 3DS even without the 3D was a huge step above the original DS hardware wise.

To me though a new dedicated handheld isn't needed when something like the Switch will exist.

Mike S

What hardware is in there is unimportant it's all about game play experience or your experience with the other features.

I use to play this game with wine. Tell people the wine is some exotic expensive bottle and people will say it tastes wonderful and actually describe why. They just don't know what they are talking about. I have extensive knowledge and a great nose for, along with actually being able to taste 1,000's of different wines. For fun we use to have mystery wines wrapped in tin foil and we would guest the grape, style and country of origin. My whole point is it doesn't matter what the specs are, good is good. Marketing is what makes the specs important.
So, you're against new consoles every couple of years?

I'm kind of confused about what you're saying here.

Mike S

Yes, the constant up grade is useless unless you have something new to offer programing wise. The WII is and was cool as #### all the kids and myself still play the games and at the time there was nothing like it. That was an upgrade for sure. The next WII was a money grab to sell more games etc. There was no point to upgrade to that and most didn't. The Play station and Xbox whatever own the first game shooters and more adult stuff. Microsoft almost killed their last box because of trying to limit it to an on going money stream. All these game boxes are great it's the programing and whether you own the content is the biggest thing right now. MS wanted to own the content therefore getting rid of game resales, if they had done that like planned the Play Station would have ruled the world.

What's in the box doesn't matter any more. Tech is a mature industry not like back in the day. Doesn't matter if the frame rate is 1,000 FPS, you won't notice the difference. or at least your TV won't be able to use it. Get it? Back to I built my first gaming computer in the 90's I know and understand all the specs. It made a difference at a point in time now it just doesn't. the content and how well it's interface works are more of a concern.

Never mine. My friend spent $5K on a gaming computer do you really think he spent wisely? $5k will buy you a 70 inch 4K TV with what ever box and it will look great. For $2k or less. Buy as many boxes as you want and say they are all cutting edge. I would rather buy cars, boats and travel then spend all the money to keep in some made up tech spec war.
The PlayStation 4 does rule the world. 53 million versus about 25 for the Xbox One but it's hard to say for sure because Microsoft has stopped releasing the official numbers. What's inside can make a difference. There are games on the 3DS that couldn't be done on the DS. Also the DS doesn't have a circle pad, just a D pad. The Wii U did offer something new but it never caught on. Instead it'll always be seen by those who even remember it as an awkward step towards the Switch and in a few years (let's say 5) I'm hoping to see an even more improved "Switch 2." Releasing a new console isn't a cash grab. Eventually the market is ready for something new.

Cesar R M

Pointless to spend the money until everything is native 4K and at that point 4K monitors will be cheap commodity items.
Define pointless.
Pointless would be for someone who only looks at 1080p content, games in 1080p and watches everything in low resolution.
Me? I'm a graphic designer and gamer. IPS + higher resolution = more productivity.

To resume, its not pointless for some people.. its worth for me.
(pretty sure 4k monitors aren't pointless for those who now works in 4k video as well)

Mike S

Prepare yourselves.
Can't speak for Steve, but everything I've heard from Universal sources tells me that the company sees this as the next Potter - not just a platform for a single land, but for a series of attractions and lands as the years progress. Potter started with Hogsmeade then progressed to Diagon Alley. Nintendo will start with Mario, and I guess we'll see where it goes from there.
One of the comments.
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201702/5440/

Jimmy Thick

Big word of warning for the new Zelda.

People got advance copies of the Wii U version and there are spoilers growing around most of the bigger gaming sites and forums and Reddit. If you don't want to possibly ruin what could be the biggest game of the year, dlc or not :), be careful what you click.

Mike S

Big word of warning for the new Zelda.

People got advance copies of the Wii U version and there are spoilers growing around most of the bigger gaming sites and forums and Reddit. If you don't want to possibly ruin what could be the biggest game of the year, dlc or not :), be careful what you click.
Thanks, I'll be on the lookout. Just over two weeks to go!!! :D

Mike S

Oh that makes life easier as I already have one. Add me when you can: Gazzy B

I have a Switch on pre-order as well as Zelda, and a pre-order for MK8 Deluxe when it hits.
I think I'll make a separate thread soon somewhere else once the Switch hits. Probably in the Chit Chat section.

Jimmy Thick

Zelda is getting rave reviews, perfect scores, and that's the Wii U version, which I preordered so I don't have to play a port.

Only bad thing I've read is the comparison to Witcher 3, which is completely unfair to Nintendo and the game Zelda is or has always been. Zelda is Zelda, don't compare it to anything else but Zelda.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Zelda is getting rave reviews, perfect scores, and that's the Wii U version, which I preordered so I don't have to play a port.

Only bad thing I've read is the comparison to Witcher 3, which is completely unfair to Nintendo and the game Zelda is or has always been. Zelda is Zelda, don't compare it to anything else but Zelda.
Rave reviews how? The Embargo for Zelda reviews on both copies doesn't lift till march 2nd??

Mike S

The "port" can be played anywhere ;)

I'd consider it more of a multiplat though since both versions come out the same day.
Rave reviews how? The Embargo for Zelda reviews on both copies doesn't lift till march 2nd??
The review is from Edge which is a magazine so the issue understandably has to be printed beforehand and people seem to have already gotten ahold of the issue.
edge10a3utf.jpg

Sped2424

Original Poster
The "port" can be played anywhere ;)

I'd consider it more of a multiplat though since both versions come out the same day.

The review is from Edge which is a magazine so the issue understandably has to be printed beforehand and people seem to have already gotten ahold of the issue.
edge10a3utf.jpg
mhm he said plural lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom