1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando' started by Sped2424, May 7, 2015.

1. Coaster Lover

Coaster Lover Well-Known Member

I think my biggest disappointment (if you could call it that) is that it appears to focus 100% on Mario and exclude any other Nintendo properties and, while that's probably the smartest way to go, it is slightly disappointing that it doesn't appear that my favorite Nintendo property (Legend of Zelda) will play any part in their plan. I mean, I'm really not surprised, Mario outsells all other Nintendo properties by a WIDE margin and is by far the most popular, most recognizable, and most family friendly of the major Nintendo properties, just slightly disappointed that my initial "concerns" were well founded. Nonetheless, it looks like it will be a lot of fun and I look forward to hearing more details. It will also be interesting to see if they do what they did with Harry Potter and essentially just create one complete theme area and more or less copy and paste the entire section into Orlando and Hollywood or if there will be significant changes.

2. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

Zelda will likely be a Diagon Alley type expansion in another park. Pokémon too.

Sped2424 likes this.
  3. ssidiouss@mac.c

ssidiouss@mac.c Well-Known Member

This is great for a land or central hub.. but i think the more interesting and fun lands would be a Donkey Kong area, Animal Crossing area, Pokemon area, and of course Zelda. Kind of like Magic Kingdom.. sure the castle is pretty and all.. but the real fun is to be had in Adventureland, Frontierland, etc..

4. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

Donkey Kong is apparently hidden by Mario and Luigi in the concept art.

5. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

A patent shows the track "Breaking" down to a bottom track that winds and go's absolute crazy!
    Nintendo-UniversalStudios-Ride-Patent2.png

6. Sped2424

Sped2424 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Let's say it again before someone else makes the same complaint in this thread again "Zelda and Pokemon are rumored to be in the works for an expansion later (possibly at universals 3rd theme park in Orlando". First foot forward being Mario and friends is not a mistake it's the only logical step given their iconic status and they are indeed Nintendo's first huge success and brightest property.

Bill Cipher, imperius and Mike S like this.
  7. JT3000

JT3000 Well-Known Member

Or possibly [redacted]. :cautious:

It's also worth noting that, unlike Hogsmeade, the three (initial) Nintendo projects will probably not be near carbon copies of each other.

Probably.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  8. Sped2424

Sped2424 Well-Known Member Original Poster

What's redacted DON'T DO THIS TOO MEEE lol all joking aside Nintendo is the one super property for me where honestly going there might make me shed a real tear.

IWant2GoNow and Mike S like this.
  9. JT3000

JT3000 Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll tell you about the... I'm sorry, I seem to have lost my train of thought. What were we talking about? :D

In all seriousness, it's probably far too early for me to be saying anything, but if what I've heard (from a reputable source) about their possible long-term plans for Nintendo comes to fruition, there may have already been some rather hilarious yet accidental (or not?) foreshadowing somewhere at the resort. :jawdrop:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  10. imperius

imperius Well-Known Member

Hmmm something at IOA pointing to Pokemon or Zelda already?

11. Brad Bishop

Brad Bishop Well-Known Member

I see what's happening with Nintendo at Universal and I'm pretty excited about it. We're all familiar with the games, characters, music, etc.

I see the ongoing construction of Avatar at DAK and there is no excitement. No one remembers the characters, music, or much else than the 3D and generic story (evil corporations are evil).

I look at Disney and shake my head thinking, "How are you not getting this??"

...and I'd bet that Nintendo at Universal will come in faster and less cost than Avatar at DAK.. Also, Nintendo at Universal seems like a better fit than Avatar at DAK.

BrerJon likes this.
  12. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

They do sell the Master Sword in Lost Continent.
    [​IMG]

BrerJon likes this.
  13. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

I did my Mario speculation I think I should do Zelda next.

14. imperius

That's been there for years though.

15. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

It's the only thing I could think of.

16. imperius

I considered it, but it's been there so long that Universal must have been talking to Nintendo forever.

Mike S likes this.
  17. Corey P

Corey P Well-Known Member

I wouldn't count Avatar land out just yet. I'm thinking it will be cool whether you know the movie or not, a movie is not needed for a good theme park land.

Doesn't matter, Universal is on a building binge, Disney is kicking it up a notch. There are no losers in this battle.

Mike S likes this.
  18. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

Except maybe Toy Story Land. They're totally getting schooled, by Universal of all companies, on how to build a "family" area.

19. 2351metalcloud

2351metalcloud New Member

Minions foreshadowing Rabbids?

(I hope they aren't letting those Rabbids effect how they make a game much because they want something like Minions. It's already hard enough to make a good game that many people buy. Nintendo more than some other companies can't afford to release games not many people will buy. But I guess maybe that's why they're supposedly putting them in there, to help with sales of stuff. It just seems kind of risky. )

Or how about moving Popeye to the Nintendo area They made a game of that once.

20. UpAllNight

UpAllNight Well-Known Member

Theme park wise Universal are doing things right but the fundamental reason why it still won't be enough to make Disney suffer is the sheer brand loyalty that comes from Disneys movie output, which is off the scale excellent....Universal need to start making better movies to make their in house IP unmissable.

Sped2424 and Mike S like this.