Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Mike S

I'd much rather see a Metroid ride than something like Star Fox or Animal Crossing. Considering Metroid's popularity in the US, it's very possible Universal Orlando will get one after they build Mario, Zelda and Pokemon.
I'd hope so.
At this point, I'm wondering if the elusive NX might just be Nintendo Land at Universal. The company is so unpredictable at this point :depressed:
They've said multiple times that it's a new console.

Brer Oswald

I'd hope so.

They've said multiple times that it's a new console.
I know I was just joking, but the fact that they are keeping such a tight lid on it makes me wonder what it is. Is it a miracle cure? Will the NX help me win the lottery? But in all seriousness, the rumours are getting tiresome and I hope they announce the reveal date in the 3DS direct tomorrow.

LongLiveTheKing

I know I was just joking, but the fact that they are keeping such a tight lid on it makes me wonder what it is. Is it a miracle cure? Will the NX help me win the lottery? But in all seriousness, the rumours are getting tiresome and I hope they announce the reveal date in the 3DS direct tomorrow.
That's a good point... Isn't this thing out in March? Even with the Wii U we saw it at an E3 like a year and a half before its launch.

Mike S

Don't count on it.
That's a good point... Isn't this thing out in March? Even with the Wii U we saw it at an E3 like a year and a half before its launch.
Nintendo has said we'll be getting info "Fall 2016" and there is also speculation that it could be at the Tokyo Game Show this month. Personally I hope for a Direct that's all about the future. NX, Universal, and the talks they've had about movies.

Brer Oswald

Don't count on it.

Nintendo has said we'll be getting info "Fall 2016" and there is also speculation that it could be at the Tokyo Game Show this month. Personally I hope for a Direct that's all about the future. NX, Universal, and the talks they've had about movies.
If the NX is at the TGS, they are going to have to reveal the system in the next to weeks. They don't normally show stuff off at TGS so it would most likely be third party games, which we would need to see a system beforehand ;)

Siren

I love your ideas but I personally think Mario Galaxy deserves WAY more than something like Buzz. Maybe a roller coaster meets dark ride kinda like the Mummy, or a Harry Potter scale dark ride. The one thing outside of Disney that I love is Mario Galaxy so I might be a little biased :p, but I want the best for that game. And Peach's castle is an absolute MUST!
Hi @Brer Oswald! Thanks so much for the compliment and welcome to the forums! I totally love Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, especially Rosalina and those cute baby stars -- wow, that was a long time ago. LOL.

Anyway, I really like your ideas for a Mario Galaxy dark ride coaster -- that sounds awesome! And, I'm glad you agree about Princess Peach's Castle -- this is the single most important aspect that I want to see at Nintendoland. I want Peach's Castle to be just gorgeous -- this will set the tone for the entire land! I will be watching Universal Osaka to see what happens over there, too.

Brer Oswald

Hi @Brer Oswald! Thanks so much for the compliment and welcome to the forums! I totally love Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, especially Rosalina and those cute baby stars -- wow, that was a long time ago. LOL.

Anyway, I really like your ideas for a Mario Galaxy dark ride coaster -- that sounds awesome! And, I'm glad you agree about Princess Peach's Castle -- this is the single most important aspect that I want to see at Nintendoland. I want Peach's Castle to be just gorgeous -- this will set the tone for the entire land! I will be watching Universal Osaka to see what happens over there, too.
Thank you very much for welcoming me :D! With the theming Universal did for Harry Potter, I'd be shocked if Mario and Zelda didn't get the same treatment, so Peach's Castle would be a must. I too love the character of Rosalina, and with her recent popularity, she will probably have some sort of presence with Mario and company when the Nintendo expansion hits the parks. Fingers crossed that it'll be in a Mario Galaxy ride ;)

Mike S

Thank you very much for welcoming me :D! With the theming Universal did for Harry Potter, I'd be shocked if Mario and Zelda didn't get the same treatment, so Peach's Castle would be a must. I too love the character of Rosalina, and with her recent popularity, she will probably have some sort of presence with Mario and company when the Nintendo expansion hits the parks. Fingers crossed that it'll be in a Mario Galaxy ride ;)
Peach's Castle is rumored to be the entrance to the land. No Mario Galaxy sadly. Just Mario Kart.

Brer Oswald

Peach's Castle is rumored to be the entrance to the land. No Mario Galaxy sadly. Just Mario Kart.
If it's just Mario Kart then that is a HUGE waste of potential. It's not even a main Mario series, it's just a spinoff. I feel like they have to create some sort of dark ride dedicated to the main Mario series (Galaxy or not) because Mario Kart is a terrible representation of it (no Bowser as villain, no warp pipes, blocks, or power ups, no saving Peach, etc.)

imperius

If it's just Mario Kart then that is a HUGE waste of potential. It's not even a main Mario series, it's just a spinoff. I feel like they have to create some sort of dark ride dedicated to the main Mario series (Galaxy or not) because Mario Kart is a terrible representation of it (no Bowser as villain, no warp pipes, blocks, or power ups, no saving Peach, etc.)
I'm pretty sure they are choosing Mario Kart due to interactivity.

Brer Oswald

However Mario Kart in addition to a main Mario ride would be great. It's just that myself and many fans (probably you too) consider Mario Kart a separate franchise. Hope I don't look like I'm getting mad at you here, just expressing my strong opinions on the rumour :p.

Mike S

Mario Kart will be the lands main E Ticket. We save Peach plenty of times at home so that's not a deal breaker for me. Warp Pipes, Blocks, and Power-Ups could easily appear throughout the land. Who says Bowser can't appear as a villain? Bowser's Castle has appeared as a course in every title and it's been hinted on Orlando United that this ride could have multiple locations:
Mr. EPCOT said:
If it were me designing it, I would do a ride that travels from Mario Circuit to Ghost House to Bowser's Castle to Rainbow Road.
Teebin said:
Keep in mind that I do not know this IP well at all... but I will tell you that at least two of your thoughts are true and happening!
Teebin is pretty much OU's big insider like @WDW1974 is here.

Brer Oswald

Mario Kart will be the lands main E Ticket. We save Peach plenty of times at home so that's not a deal breaker for me. Warp Pipes, Blocks, and Power-Ups could easily appear throughout the land. Who says Bowser can't appear as a villain? Bowser's Castle has appeared as a course in every title and it's been hinted on Orlando United that this ride could have multiple locations:

Teebin is pretty much OU's big insider like @WDW1974 is here.
It just worries me that I can kiss my chance of seeing a Mario animatronic goodbye, but if they somehow combine interactive Mario Kart and mainline Mario "story" into one spectacular attraction, then it could be really cool.

Mike S

It just worries me that I can kiss my chance of seeing a Mario animatronic goodbye, but if they somehow combine interactive Mario Kart and mainline Mario "story" into one spectacular attraction, then it could be really cool.
One thing that has been consistently rumored is that this expansion will feature more animatronics and physical sets than previous projects. The insiders haven't really said if Mario Kart will be interactive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom