Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Monoblanco13

You totally beat me to it, I am very excited for this and can't wait for it to happen being a huge Nintendo fan. I hope they have great attractions coming.

bennyw01

Surely this means an end for Marvel Super Hero Island! it will be the installation of 1Up mushrooms on the top of Dr Dooms Fear Fall and some new paint and they are half way there! the major replacement will of course be The Amazing Spiderman!

Furiated

I'm sure this will move to the Uni forum. As I posted over there at least this is now official.

It's been a long time coming and will see big things coming to USF.

Do you mean the resort in general or USF specifically and not IOA (meaning it's likely for KidZone and not a Toon Lagoon replacement)?

NMBC1993

Apparently Iger is not the only wizard of IP--at least when it comes to parks.

My whole family has long discussed the idea of a Mario Kart ride, or a super mario bros. adventure.
Don't forget Pokemon. That franchise has legs, and could be jump started into a fever again at
any time, I think. Donkey Kong? Etc.

I think this is huge.

OK, Disney. Your turn. Studio Ghibli. GO!

Although we should give credit where credit it due, I never really thought of Iger being a "wizard of IPs" mostly because overall, what work did he really have to do given the fact that Disney's newest franchises were already wildly successful before being purchased by the company?

Pixar - Well in this case the company was caught in a contract loophole with no real wiggle room.

Marvel - The studio launched in 2008 and was fast-tracking success by 2011, which is probably why Disney took notice of them.

Lucasfilm - I feel like I don't need to say anything.

Although, yes it did take a lot of work in making a deal, settling on an agreement, etc. but apart from thinking "This company or product is extremely popular and has legs, we should own it" how much did Iger really put forth in finding these IPs? That's just me anyway....

As far as Studio Ghibli, I would be all over that especially from what I was reading the other day regarding the company going dark for awhile to look at their options before moving forward. http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2014/08/studio-ghibli-closes-doors.html

NMBC1993

I would imagine KidZone is on the chopping block....

Just please leave E.T. alone...it's the last original incarnation around (and the only in the Orlando park).

I remember cringing a few years ago when I heard Smurfs was going to take over Kidzone...

Next Big Thing

I imagine they have more than an inkling of what's going to happen.
Well I assume, but the press release was very generic and didn't even specify a park or resort the attractions/land would be going to. Made me wonder if it was still fairly early on and Japan may get it first anyway.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Just please leave E.T. alone...it's the last original incarnation around (and the only in the Orlando park).

I remember cringing a few years ago when I heard Smurfs was going to take over Kidzone...
I have heard anything about specific rides, just that KidZone would be the likely landing spot for this....

NMBC1993

I have heard anything about specific rides, just that KidZone would be the likely landing spot for this....

I understand, I wouldn't expect anyone to know anything at this early stage, I was making more of a general plea to Universal if they are listening.

I just got my APs to Uni, don't take out an attraction I'm starting to just NOW grow attachment to...

"Welcome Home, You've Arrived" I don't know what kind of "green planet" E.T. is living on, but it seems like good stuff:p

mvieguy

I say, Give the Marvel Property back to Disney. take the Marvel Superhero Island and turn it into Nintendo.

Retheme Hulk to maybe Metroid, Storm Chasers to maybe Yoshi, Amazing Spider Man to a Super Mario Bros or Legend of Zelda experience, using the same track and technology. and either get rid of Doom altogether or retheme it to a tetris type of experience. lol. I mean the possibilites are endless and I was just using some quick Branding. leave the pad behind MIB for another brand. heck, Disney has Star Wars, let Universal create a Star Trek experience or stargate

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom