Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

chocotaco

I read somewhere that the Pokémon Company doesn't want their intellectual property affiliated with Nintendo's in any way. Is that true @Mike S ? If so, Pokémon would have to be its own separate "land".

I think they are just cautious of crossovers. Not sure if it's true, but I heard they were originally reluctant to have Pikachu in Smash Bros. I think they are committed to Pokemon being its own world and universe, so that is why they try not to participate in crossovers. So yes, I think if Pokemon were to come it would be its own land, but that's not out of any disrespect to Nintendo. Nintendo owns a significant portion of Pokemon after all, and also think there is mutual respect between all those involved in Pokemon, it's just that the creators of Pokemon are very protective and careful to portray Pokemon as its own brand and universe, and Nintendo is respectful of those desires.

chocotaco

That is promising but still I would be fast tracking pokemon at lightening speed at this point.

I think the important thing to gather from Pokemon Go's success is that Pokemon is still an incredibly powerful brand, even after 20 years. I'm sure Uni wishes they had something to cash in on the success now, but unfortunately they don't. I'm certain Pokemon Go will eventually fade, but the fact that a 20 year franchise can create that much attention is incredible. If Pokemon wasn't on the top of Uni's priority list, I'm certain it is now, but at the same time I think they will do fine whether they get a land in 2020, or 2025 (I'm not suggesting I have any clue as to when or the likelihood of a land being created, just an example), as the Pokemon brand will still remain strong.

In summary, I think Pokemon Go will fade, and that's not taking anything away from its success, very impressive, just the nature of mobile gaming. But Pokemon as a whole will remain strong as ever

Stripes

I think they are just cautious of crossovers. Not sure if it's true, but I heard they were originally reluctant to have Pikachu in Smash Bros. I think they are committed to Pokemon being its own world and universe, so that is why they try not to participate in crossovers. So yes, I think if Pokemon were to come it would be its own land, but that's not out of any disrespect to Nintendo. Nintendo owns a significant portion of Pokemon after all, and also think there is mutual respect between all those involved in Pokemon, it's just that the creators of Pokemon are very protective and careful to portray Pokemon as its own brand and universe, and Nintendo is respectful of those desires.
This is what I was implying to clear up any confusion.

Sped2424

Original Poster
I think the important thing to gather from Pokemon Go's success is that Pokemon is still an incredibly powerful brand, even after 20 years. I'm sure Uni wishes they had something to cash in on the success now, but unfortunately they don't. I'm certain Pokemon Go will eventually fade, but the fact that a 20 year franchise can create that much attention is incredible. If Pokemon wasn't on the top of Uni's priority list, I'm certain it is now, but at the same time I think they will do fine whether they get a land in 2020, or 2025 (I'm not suggesting I have any clue as to when or the likelihood of a land being created, just an example), as the Pokemon brand will still remain strong.

In summary, I think Pokemon Go will fade, and that's not taking anything away from its success, very impressive, just the nature of mobile gaming. But Pokemon as a whole will remain strong as ever
I was never saying they wouldn't be successful without it. Just that it would be foolish to not do anything pokemon related in the Nintendo lands given the cash cow it has always been and proving to be even more so again. Pokemon go could die whenever the point is there is an audience here that clearly knows and loves the franchise to the point of craziness. So what I was saying was knowing that kind of fever exist to not try and fast track that would be a brutal mistake.

chocotaco

I was never saying they wouldn't be successful without it. Just that it would be foolish to not do anything pokemon related in the Nintendo lands given the cash cow it has always been and proving to be even more so again. Pokemon go could die whenever the point is there is an audience here that clearly knows and loves the franchise to the point of craziness. So what I was saying was knowing that kind of fever exist to not try and fast track that would be a brutal mistake.

Oh absolutely, sorry never intended to imply you thought otherwise. Was just using your post as a jumping-off point :)

Mike S

They are gonna spend $200 million more on Nintendoland than they spent on Hogsmeade. Peach's Castle, Mario Kart, and Donkey Kong are first up.
Also Yoshi's Island as said on OU by Teebin. Then some flat rides. I think at this point it's obvious that Pokemon will be in the third park. Pokemon Go is so huge I just saw it displayed on an LED billboard outside of a flea market I guess to invite players in.

Mouse3268

Also Yoshi's Island as said on OU by Teebin. Then some flat rides. I think at this point it's obvious that Pokemon will be in the third park. Pokemon Go is so huge I just saw it displayed on an LED billboard outside of a flea market I guess to invite players in.

Do we know when are where this is supposed to be going? KidZone area?

Sped2424

Original Poster
:")

Sped2424

Original Poster
Don't hold on to that though as all of it seems in flux. It would be a dark ride if it happens.
I would die if a yoshi's island dark ride happened I get that things are in flux but man had this happened in the 90's i'd be in a dream as a kid. I hope a yoshi meet and greet is in the works as that is something I would LOVE to see happen.

Mike S

I would die if a yoshi's island dark ride happened I get that things are in flux but man had this happened in the 90's i'd be in a dream as a kid. I hope a yoshi meet and greet is in the works as that is something I would LOVE to see happen.
Yoshi might be Japan only hence the flux. I guess we would be getting a Mario Kart E Ticket and a Donkey Kong Mine Coaster.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Apparently lots of people are PO'd after getting their phone bill. Guess they didn't have the common sense or intellectual capacity to understand that GPS (as is obviously used by Pokémon Go) is a massive data hog.
I dont believe its the GPS part.
More like the data needed to keep updating the locations and the maps as you move.
If google maps in full image mode was heavy. Id suspect pokemon go is even heavier.

RobUK

I know people say about a Mario Kart ride, but how does everyone think this'll happen? I love MK, but the beauty of it is everyone has their own favourite rider and vehicle. How do you integrate these options into a ride? I'm predicting an arcade with the arcade version of some sorts.

bhg469

I know people say about a Mario Kart ride, but how does everyone think this'll happen? I love MK, but the beauty of it is everyone has their own favourite rider and vehicle. How do you integrate these options into a ride? I'm predicting an arcade with the arcade version of some sorts.
I honestly don't see how this can be done. I like Mario kart but if its a midway mania with more motion, count me out. I already think MM is a step backwards for shooting rides. If they could manage a radiator springs racers with multiple vehicles in a line...well that's what I think it needs to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom