Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

bhg469

So now that Pokemon Go has launched, and it is just "slightly" popular right now... Yeah... Universal needs to strike while the iron is hot and get people excited about a pokemon attraction. I was never a fan of the property but appreciate how popular it is. I tried the application and WOW!! I am Shocked at the generational and just plain social diversity that this game has. I went to a friends house because he lives near a tiny park that had a pokestop. We started a beacon and within minutes people were driving, walking and skating up to this little, almost non existent park.

Mike S

So now that Pokemon Go has launched, and it is just "slightly" popular right now... Yeah... Universal needs to strike while the iron is hot and get people excited about a pokemon attraction. I was never a fan of the property but appreciate how popular it is. I tried the application and WOW!! I am Shocked at the generational and just plain social diversity that this game has. I went to a friends house because he lives near a tiny park that had a pokestop. We started a beacon and within minutes people were driving, walking and skating up to this little, almost non existent park.
I think this app has proved that the Pokemon iron has always been hot. Don't forget there's new games coming later this year. I think they would be wise to wait for the third park rather than rush it into the land coming to USF.

Cesar R M

slighty? they are saying everywhere in the news how nintendo's stock skyrocketed.

bhg469

I think this app has proved that the Pokemon iron has always been hot. Don't forget there's new games coming later this year. I think they would be wise to wait for the third park rather than rush it into the land coming to USF.
This won't get many more people to buy a Nintendo pokemon game. Its totally different and is hitting way more of a mass group.

I can promise you, pokemon traditional games still do nothing for me but this is way different .

HouseHacker97

There's a kiosk at city walk right now actually that's selling Pokemon GO accessories

Matt_Black

I really do hope so...they already use Yokai Watch in Universal Japan so if they brought it to Florida I would be so happy. Just see the money from a Jinbanyan meet and greet would be totally rad.

That could possibly be good for Disney; remember, Yokai Watch is on Disney XD, and a stateside attraction could boost ratings (and therefore ad revenue) even if it is at another park.

Cesar R M

I was being a tad sarcastic. It is really exceeding everyone's predictions.
you forgot your sarcasm font. :eek:

I really do hope so...they already use Yokai Watch in Universal Japan so if they brought it to Florida I would be so happy. Just see the money from a Jinbanyan meet and greet would be totally rad.
I honestly rather see Zelda or Metroid land imho.
Just like I would prefer Monstropolis or other pixar stuff other than Toy Story.

Sped2424

Original Poster
So here's the question, with the INSANE success of Pokemon go and the clear interest in the property as it's always remained steady where does that leave Universal's Nintendo Land? Cause to have an area not devoted to pokemon seems like a HUGE miscalculation.

Mike S

So here's the question, with the INSANE success of Pokemon go and the clear interest in the property as it's always remained steady where does that leave Universal's Nintendo Land? Cause to have an area not devoted to pokemon seems like a HUGE miscalculation.
For Orlando at least there's always the third park. I think they're too far along to force it in now.

Stripes

I read somewhere that the Pokémon Company doesn't want their intellectual property affiliated with Nintendo's in any way. Is that true @Mike S ? If so, Pokémon would have to be its own separate "land".

Sped2424

Original Poster
I read somewhere that the Pokémon Company doesn't want their intellectual property affiliated with Nintendo's in any way. Is that true @Mike S ? If so, Pokémon would have to be its own separate "land".
I would have to say that is incorrect as they are very much owned and have been great partners with nintendo for some time now all their games are on nintendo platforms exclusively. Pokemon would very much be under the nintendo branch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom