Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Mikejakester

I thought the rumor was 2018? Or is that what you mean by far off?
In universal time 2018-19 is light years away... I would let it simmer a little. In the mean while... I would be more interested in Hulk being torn down and brought back up within 10 months (good luck), the JF Ride, FNF, Terminator upgrade, Skull Island and Volcano bay. They have their hands full... (and that's just local Orlando stuff)

danpam1024

In universal time 2018-19 is light years away... I would let it simmer a little. In the mean while... I would be more interested in Hulk being torn down and brought back up within 10 months (good luck), the JF Ride, FNF, Terminator upgrade, Skull Island and Volcano bay. They have their hands full... (and that's just local Orlando stuff)
It's really not that far off...and we like to dream BIG with UOR- they rarely disappoint :D

Matt_Black

^^^This! The Waterboy was like if Forrest Gump was an Adam Sandler movie.

Except The Waterboy didn't get awarded Oscars ahead of far better films. Seriously, of all the excellent movies that came out in 1994, Forrest Gump was the one that Hollywood decided was the best?

Matt_Black

as demonstrated by the DDP!

Hey, don't talk smack about DDP! He's delightful!

DDP-Bang.jpg

Siren

How about they should have made a funnier movie?

I don't care about anything other then is the movie good or not? Not the business aspects of the movie. I don't care how things are done I just want to be entertained.
I watched the movie and I thought it was funny so that means it was actually funny. Again, what ruined this film at the box office is the marketing, just like John Carter.

Instead of showing a Giant Pacman chomping up everything in New York, they should have marketed the wonderful cast and script more, especially the arcade battles back in the 70's.

It's a crappy movie even by teenagers standards and that is his main audience.
I am surprised that teens even know who he is.

Might be as I said Adam is wildly popular with teenage boys. I watched the movie, Adam is always king of hit or miss. Water Boy is great and so is Happy Gilmore. Bench Warms was ok but that's one the kids love.

Just because a bunch of people watched it doesn't mean it was very good. Never really saw the attraction of Avatar? I thought the story line was just an old tired one, evil company plus military against woodland creatures as greed destroys their world. Throw in a love interest etc. etc. not real creative but that movie made bunch of money.
LOL. I don't think Adam Sandler is "wildly popular" with teenage boys. I just don't. And, those movies you mentioned are so old, you act like they came out yesterday or something.

Getting back on topic, I feel like Universal has some tough decisions to make regarding Nintendoland. The Nintendo Wii U is just a major disappointment, with only a handful of exceptional titles.

That being said, classic Nintendo is timeless. Balmain featured supermodels playing an old school Nintendo console in their 2015 ad campaign.
w9zic0.jpg

I think I want Universal to go all out with a full Nintendo land with Princess Peach's Castle and all the bells and whistles. But, I also understand if they opt for something relatively simple and small scale -- because today's Nintendo is somewhat underwhelming.

Matt_Black

I watched the movie and I thought it was funny so that means it was actually funny.

That's... not exactly how it works. "Funny" is subjective.

LOL. I don't think Adam Sandler is "wildly popular" with teenage boys. I just don't. And, those movies you mentioned are so old, you act like they came out yesterday or something.

Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore are on cable often enough that yeah, I actually can see teenage boys liking Adam Sandler based on those movies.

I think I want Universal to go all out with a full Nintendo land with Princess Peach's Castle and all the bells and whistles. But, I also understand if they opt for something relatively simple and small scale -- because today's Nintendo is somewhat underwhelming.

Possibly, but compared to other old school game companies still in business... Look at Sega or Konami. The video game industry has undergone a massive shift in the past 10 years, moreso than any other entertainment medium ever has, I think. If Nintendo is underwhelming compared to yesteryear, it's not entirely their fault. They are reacting to a changing market. They are exceedingly fortunate that they have such a large stable of popular, recognizable IPs to fall back on. They could stop making software and hardware tomorrow and still be an incredibly profitable company from just the licensing alone.

Siren

That's... not exactly how it works. "Funny" is subjective.

Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore are on cable often enough that yeah, I actually can see teenage boys liking Adam Sandler based on those movies.

Possibly, but compared to other old school game companies still in business... Look at Sega or Konami. The video game industry has undergone a massive shift in the past 10 years, moreso than any other entertainment medium ever has, I think. If Nintendo is underwhelming compared to yesteryear, it's not entirely their fault. They are reacting to a changing market. They are exceedingly fortunate that they have such a large stable of popular, recognizable IPs to fall back on. They could stop making software and hardware tomorrow and still be an incredibly profitable company from just the licensing alone.
I suppose so, but given that you've never heard of Rosalina, I'm not sure if you've ever played a Nintendo game in your life. If you actually owned a Wii U, I don't think you would make such misinformed comments about Nintendo. I am speaking from experience -- having played Nintendo games from childhood and also owning a Wii U and Wii Fit U Board. The Wii was amazing the Wii U is a disappointment and the titles are seriously lacking, -- there is really no way around it. That said, I still love Nintendo and I want to see what they have in store next.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom