NFL, Dragon, Easy way to improve, Deflategate, should Bieber be deported

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
My salacious title is only tangentially related to the thread and is naught but an attention getter to get viewing eyeballs from my magic friends.

Anyway, without going into too much detail, I'd give the NFL as a whole, a solid B. This got me to thinking, is there anything easy they could do wherein I would consider raising the grade and I think there is. If they brought the promotional dragon back and it made a fly by once every evening, breathing fire, I think I would consider the new land an A-.

One of the best things about the new land is the mine train bringing some kinetic energy to that section of the park. This would be a cool way to achieve more of this.

So, is there one simple change you can think of that would make the new area better? Also, I'm assuming that for legal reasons and the like my dreamed for dragon return is nothing but a pipe dream. Is that also correct?

Tom

Beta Return
Overhaul Ariel's Undersea Adventure to bring it up to the standards of 1950-75 Disney. No exposed theater lighting. No exposed building structure. And so on.

Otherwise, I think the re-do was well-done. Might have taken forever, but it actually makes us want to linger in NFL, and even Circus Land.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
Overhaul Ariel's Undersea Adventure to bring it up to the standards of 1950-75 Disney. No exposed theater lighting. No exposed building structure. And so on.

Otherwise, I think the re-do was well-done. Might have taken forever, but it actually makes us want to linger in NFL, and even Circus Land.

I don't disagree with this, but I have things prioritized a little differently. I do think the LM ride needs be better. That would still bring the land up to a B+ for me. The reason is my own view of MK. I felt before NFL even was even announced that what MK needed was a big, super sexy, over the top awesome ride. Fire Mountain, Mystic Manor, whatever. I also felt like it needed more PUSH trashcan, Swan boat type stuff which I think of as "Random Stuff going on that you might see as you walk around outside without trying". The bird has flown the coop on the first thing for at least another decade. However, the dragon would be an awesome way to address the second thing. I like the NFL overall. Thus, the B. I don't do grade inflation since it makes grades meaningless.

Brian

Surely I'm not the only one who re-read the initial post over and over in an effort to understand what the NFL had to do with dragons and The Little Mermaid?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
I thought that this was going to be about football, speech software, politics/economy and bratty pop stars.

Surely I'm not the only one who re-read the initial post over and over in an effort to understand what the NFL had to do with dragons and The Little Mermaid?

Like flies to honey I say. Major newspapers of the country - Hire me as a headline writer if you want print news to survive!

doctornick

I'd be all for having a nightly flying of the dragon over FL. That said, MK is really the last part that needs additional entertainment offerings. Would it be terrible to have said dragon fly over DHS in reference to Fantasmic!? Or could they change the look of the creature to be a Banshee and fly it over DAK at night once Pandora opens?

FigmentJedi

I'd be all for having a nightly flying of the dragon over FL. That said, MK is really the last part that needs additional entertainment offerings. Would it be terrible to have said dragon fly over DHS in reference to Fantasmic!? Or could they change the look of the creature to be a Banshee and fly it over DAK at night once Pandora opens?
Don't even need to make it a Banshee. Just have it come in during Rivers of Light as part of a "creatures of mythology" segment

MKCP 1985

Adding Pete to the meet and greets in the circus land would be a simple thing that would make the grade a little higher.

The circus area is easiest to forget when I'm not actually in the park, but we always try to see Dumbo fly when we visit the Magic Kingdom. If they could give that circus area just a little **oomph**, the NFL score would go up a notch.

doctornick

Adding Pete to the meet and greets in the circus land would be a simple thing that would make the grade a little higher.

The circus area is easiest to forget when I'm not actually in the park, but we always try to see Dumbo fly when we visit the Magic Kingdom. If they could give that circus area just a little **oomph**, the NFL score would go up a notch.

simple change: Get rid of the M&G (or move them into a rotating schedule in the FP+ tent in the back) and use that circus tent as a queue for a new ride (plenty of backstage space for a showbuilding) -- like Pinocchio or revisiting the Mickey's Madhouse idea.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
simple change: Get rid of the M&G (or move them into a rotating schedule in the FP+ tent in the back) and use that circus tent as a queue for a new ride (plenty of backstage space for a showbuilding) -- like Pinocchio or revisiting the Mickey's Madhouse idea.

Is there some intrinsic reason we couldn't have a ride featuring the Fab 5? It could even tell a little story where Pete is making there life at the circus hard for some reason. The tent as a queue for a ride is a good idea.

doctornick

Is there some intrinsic reason we couldn't have a ride featuring the Fab 5? It could even tell a little story where Pete is making there life at the circus hard for some reason. The tent as a queue for a ride is a good idea.

Sure. I don't even mind Mickey and friends in circus garb -- but why not make it into a ride? Who wouldn't want to see an AA of Donald charming a snake or Goofy being a daredevil? There's nothing wrong with that theme, but it's the execution.

I think Storybook Circus is a fine concept for a land but there needs to be be more "there" there. Another ride would work wonders.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sure. I don't even mind Mickey and friends in circus garb -- but why not make it into a ride? Who wouldn't want to see an AA of Donald charming a snake or Goofy being a daredevil? There's nothing wrong with that theme, but it's the execution.

I think Storybook Circus is a fine concept for a land but there needs to be be more "there" there. Another ride would work wonders.

Completely agree. It would be the anchor ride of Storybook Circus.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I like the Tent as it is. Always make sure to stop when I'm in the Magic Kingdom. However, I'm in for a dragon flyover at night, especially a fire breathing one, as long as it didn't catch the Mine Ride on fire. I think the mountain top is still missing some trees after the recent conflagration.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Could Disney do a fab five frozen crossover? The story could be the fab five are going to a costume party as the frozen characters. I think there would be great synergy there.

Isn't there enough Frozen already without Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto dressing up like Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom