NFL 2014 Discussion Thread

seahawk7

I personally think they're getting too strict with rules. At the rate they're going they'll end up banning defense.
I'm liking your post because I agree with you. But I don't like that this is happening. It won't be a game anymore rather more of a show.

seahawk7

Ok I will jump in and say as some of you know I am a die hard Colts fan. With that said we have already had to IR 3 potential starters/top backups. Donald Thomas starting RG tore same quad he tore in 2nd week of season. RB Vick Ballard was hurt in a non contact drill and tore his Achilles. Ballard missed all of last season after tearing his ACL on 1st day of training camp. 3rd injury is Filli Moala. He has been a very dependable backup since we signed him but after this injury I think his Colts days may be over. Reggie Wayne is back and so far looking great but hope he doesn't push it to hard and get hurt again. We need him! Finally the OL which was a disaster last year is going to be real young on the interior this season. The new C Khaled Holmes has played 12 plays in his career after being a 4th round pick out of USC last season,the new RG is Jack Mewhort out of Ohio State in the 2nd round this year and the other G is Hugh Thornton who returns for his second season after being a 2nd round pick out of Illinois last season.Thornton played most of the season for Thomas when he was hurt and seemed shell shocked and has even admitted that he was not ready for the level of competition. Hope they gel and play better than last year when poor Luck had tro run for his life often!
Can I just say that Andrew Luck was awesome to watch in last season's playoff game.

seahawk7

Congratulations to the seven new inductees into the HOF. Claude Humphrey, Ray Guy, Andre Reed, Michael Strahan, Walter Jones, Aeneas Williams, and Derrick Brooks. Special shout out to Ray Guy for being the first punter to get inducted into the Hall OF Fame and to Walter Jones, the third Seahawk to be inducted.

king county beast15

I think they just going to abandon football altogether and switch to playing sarcastaball instead.
southpark-sarcastiaball.jpg
Haha , I can see this happening!!

afar28

Giants RB David Wilson has been advised to retire by the team physician. The Giants will place him on IR for this season.
And now the retirement is official.
Such a shame, he showed tons of potential in his rookie season before having an injury plagued second year.

PUSH

Original Poster
Such a shame, he showed tons of potential in his rookie season before having an injury plagued second year.
Just like Jonathan Franklin for Green Bay. Great potential. The first game he saw action in in the NFL he had 100 yards running. Fumbles caused him to lose snaps, much like Wilson if I remember correctly, and then he suffered an unfortunate neck injury on a kickoff return. However, he is back with the Packers as an intern. Great guy, tons of positivity. Hope Wilson can be the same way for you.

PUSH

Original Poster
Along with the Abbredaris ACL tear, now Packers offensive tackle/guard Don Barclay has torn his ACL. Barclay was the starter at RT for the past season and a half, and he did a pretty good job being thrown into the starting lineup as an undrafted rookie. He has the versatility to play any position on the offensive line, and he was valued greatly by the Packers. He wasn't slated to be the starter this season as Bryan Bulaga came back from an ACL tear of his own that kept him out all of last season, but he was expected to be the top man at guard and RT in case someone else went down.

seahawk7

Kevin Norwood, the Seahawks 4th round pick is slated to have foot surgery. His foot has been bothering him since the beginning of camp. Hopefully he will be back for the Kickoff against GB.

jw24

Aside from his notorious fumbling, I did see flashes of brilliance, mainly on the special teams returning. Some may unfairly label him a bust but that's up for debate. I see Andre Williams and Rashad Jennings being 1 and 2, but number 3? It'll likely be Hillis or barring something extraordinary, maybe Michael . I admit I didn't watch much of the Hall of Fame game (Yanks-Red Sox was on the same time!), but I did see the TD by Andre Williams and the Corey Washington TD on the NFL.com website (If he has a stellar preseason, he could be Victor Cruz 2.0! Cruz made his name in the preseason wearing number 3 before he got hurt back in 2010. Washington is wearing 6 at the moment so history may repeat itself....) So far, I like what I see from Andre Williams.

Meanwhile, the 49ers have their new stadium completed. They did a test run hosting a MLS game. From what I've heard on the news, mixed results. Overpriced concessions (Not uncommon), public transportation (The VTA light rail got the brunt of criticism in that department.) and parking problems were the main focal points of criticism. August 17th is the Niners preseason opener so they'll be a much larger crowd compared to the Earthquakes game. As for the overall look, it definitely looks like an actual modern football stadium. It's a bit surreal when you consider how all of the major football stadiums in California are relatively "old". Not just the Raiders and Chargers, but USC's LA Coliseum, the Rose Bowl are pretty old compared to other stadiums. As I mentioned earlier, it's the last year of the lease for the Raiders at O.co Coliseum so we'll see down the road if it's San Antonio, LA or somehow, the lease gets extended in Oakland.

And something I'm surprised we haven't talked much about is the Buffalo Bills ownership saga. Bon Jovi and Trump's bids were rejected from what I've been told. Knowing the people of Buffalo, they are probably begging the Sabres billionaire owner to buy them to keep them in Buffalo. Trump has a poor record managing football (See the ESPN documentary Who Killed the USFL, which I highly recommend an NFL fan should watch) and Bon Jovi has been linked with a Toronto based group. I don't get why the NFL is even bothering trying to relocate teams into cities that would not support a team. London, Toronto, what's next, Mexico City?!

Last edited:

seahawk7

How are you guys liking the enforcing of the defensive pass interference rule? Any stand outs of it being enforced that made you think, "hey these guys are athletes let them play?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom