NFL 2014 Discussion Thread

afar28

Well looks like I have a newfound dislike for Teddy Bridgewater and Greg Jennings. Was winning by 40 before they had big games. Now I need Pierre Thomas to have a good game tonight.

afar28

Teddy Bridgwater carted to the locker room. Ankle bent on the field after a tackle. He jogged to the sideline but then was motioned to the cart that took him to the locker room

PUSH

Original Poster
My afternoon picks are always shaky... the past two weeks my noon games have been pretty solid, though.

Dafid Duck

How does a team that scores 30+ points a game LOSE when the defense gets 21 points. I'll tell you how...poor passing to Maclin.

jw24

I'm nervous right now. I could fall to 2-2 all because I started Kaepernick instead of Rodgers and that...was a bad move on my part. I have Brandin Cooks but my opponent has Drew Brees. But...I'm gaining ground in pick em! Watch out 'cause I'm coming for the lead!

Lance

I'm nervous right now. I could fall to 2-2 all because I started Kaepernick instead of Rodgers and that...was a bad move on my part. I have Brandin Cooks but my opponent has Drew Brees. But...I'm gaining ground in pick em! Watch out 'cause I'm coming for the lead!

I can beat that unfortunately, I started Cousins over Rodgers in my 2 QB league... rolled the dice and totally lost that one!

flynnibus

Premium Member
man.. I knew the saints were bad on the road... but this is crazy

I didn't want to switch my pick after thinking I should given the late pick switch curse... but looks like it should have happened for the saints game. I was hoping JimmyG could do it all alone :)

acishere

I switched two picks on Saturday. Switched to Bills and Cowboys. So it half worked out for me.

In fantasy I scored 120 points, but I'm facing the one person in the league who scored more points than me this week. Of course... I was doing well in this league until Saturday when they changed the score of my week 3 match up so I lost by a point instead of the other way around. So unless a TE I pulled off waivers (starter was on bye and backup was injured) gets 20 points and the Patriots DEF scores negative points, I'm heading for last place. Need to hit the waivers and sell high on Asiata to fix the mess AP left behind.

Meanwhile the 12 man league I was barely paying attention to finally came together after weeks of injuries plaguing it. Even having to sub Trent Richardson for a player on bye worked out. Plus I picked up Donnell off waivers which gave it a good boost.

afar28

I won my match by .2 points. Doesn't get much closer than that. Now I'm just worried that the ESPN stat corrections will come in and mess it up and cause a loss. Hope not.

flynnibus

Premium Member
another poster on another site summed it up well...

Vikings beat Atlanta, Cowboys beat Saints. Houston is 3-1, TB beat Steelers.

What the hell happened this week?

I love the steelers lost for my selfish Raven's needs.. but its even more funny after hearing about all these 'the steelers are back' stories.. right after all the kirk cousins vs RGIII stories... etc. It seems like the media and people are so short memory now they are ready to declare people dynasties after a single game!

PUSH

Original Poster
another poster on another site summed it up well...

I love the steelers lost for my selfish Raven's needs.. but its even more funny after hearing about all these 'the steelers are back' stories.. right after all the kirk cousins vs RGIII stories... etc. It seems like the media and people are so short memory now they are ready to declare people dynasties after a single game!
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It's a week by week league.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It's a week by week league.

For the media and hype it is...

Most things can be attributed to more significant factors. Yes there are melt downs.. it can be one play that makes a difference.. but more often than not it's coaching and execution. What is taken away and what is given? Who doesn't make the mistakes?

But real life isn't Madden.. you can't hit the reset after a bad start. So games like Kirk Cousins had.. he had to suffer the whole 3hrs. But it doesn't mean every other game he's played in was a fluke.

All we need to do is look at Matt Flynn for confirmation of this :) One solid game when no one has scouted you doesn't make you the next Tom Brady :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom