NFL 2014 Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
what I want to know is... what in the world were you guys thinking with picking the jags over the redskins? Even if they had no QB at all.. they'd still have afred morris.
The Redskins performed poorly week 1. The Jags performed pretty well for a good portion of week 1. Hindsight is always 20/20.

OSUgirl77

In all fairness, the NFL took a while for Rice's initial suspension. They had already gathered all their information before they saw the video, so it's not like they had to go back and do a whole other investigation. With Peterson, it's still a new case, and I bet they are triple checking their steps as they go this time.
Just came across on my phone that AP has been accused of another incident of child abuse on a different son. Not sure if that will change his status or not. Such a mess.

PUSH

Original Poster
Just came across on my phone that AP has been accused of another incident of child abuse on a different son. Not sure if that will change his status or not. Such a mess.
Hasn't he also had some DUIs or something? I feel like he was in the news a few years ago for something in Texas over the offseason.

PUSH

Original Poster
Four games this week where only one of us has gotten the pick right. And then two more where only two of us did. And I am not included in any of those. But don't worry I'm not bitter or anything. :p

NYwdwfan

Your phone is faster than mine - here's the report:

Published: Sept. 15, 2014 at 08:28 p.m.
Report: Adrian Peterson accused of injuring another son in June
NFL.com
KHOU-TV in Houston reported Monday night that Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was accused of injuring another son in June. According to the report, Peterson allegedly disciplined his son for "cussing to a sibling," resulting in an injury to the four-year-old boy's head.

The boy's mother reportedly filed a report with Texas Child Protective Services. The results of any investigation are unclear and no charges have been filed in the case. NFL Media has not yet been able to reach the Vikings or Peterson's attorney for comment.

PUSH

Original Poster
Aaron Rodgers had his 3,000th pass attempt on Sunday. With that attempt, he also set an NFL record for fewest interceptions at the time of the 3,000th attempt. He currently has 53 INTs. The previous record was 59, held by Neil O'Donnell.

OSUgirl77

Your phone is faster than mine - here's the report:

Published: Sept. 15, 2014 at 08:28 p.m.
Report: Adrian Peterson accused of injuring another son in June
NFL.com
KHOU-TV in Houston reported Monday night that Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was accused of injuring another son in June. According to the report, Peterson allegedly disciplined his son for "cussing to a sibling," resulting in an injury to the four-year-old boy's head.

The boy's mother reportedly filed a report with Texas Child Protective Services. The results of any investigation are unclear and no charges have been filed in the case. NFL Media has not yet been able to reach the Vikings or Peterson's attorney for comment.
Radisson has suspended their sponsorship of the Vikings in light of the new allegations.

NYwdwfan

Aaron Rodgers had his 3,000th pass attempt on Sunday. With that attempt, he also set an NFL record for fewest interceptions at the time of the 3,000th attempt. He currently has 53 INTs. The previous record was 59, held by Neil O'Donnell.

I'm surprised. I think of O'Donnell as a big INT guy. I guess it wasn't quantity with him, so much as the awful timing of them.

OSUgirl77

Interesting fact about Neil O'Donnell, especially considering his 2 INTs probably cost the Steelers a Super Bowl.

NYwdwfan

Interesting fact about Neil O'Donnell, especially considering his 2 INTs probably cost the Steelers a Super Bowl.

Yup - what I was thinking. Plus he played on an awful Jets team his first season here. I remember the first season under Kotite we went 3-13 and after the clock ran out on the last game, I said to my dad, "well, we can't be worse next year". We signed O'Donnell. We were poised for great things. We went 1-15.

OSUgirl77

Yup - what I was thinking. Plus he played on an awful Jets team his first season here. I remember the first season under Kotite we went 3-13 and after the clock ran out on the last game, I said to my dad, "well, we can't be worse next year". We signed O'Donnell. We were poised for great things. We went 1-15.
Didn't he get hurt that season? Sounds like every season for the Browns...

NYwdwfan

Didn't he get hurt that season? Sounds like every season for the Browns...

Yeah - something with his shoulder. Dislocated it I think? He played half a season and I don't think he won any games. It was bad. Oh man you're a Browns fan?! That's rough. I don't know what I'd do if my team moved away. That's just wrong.

EDIT: I shouldn't have used the plural in won any games. It was game. One game.

OSUgirl77

Yeah - something with his shoulder. Dislocated it I think? He played half a season and I don't think he won any games. It was bad. Oh man you're a Browns fan?! That's rough. I don't know what I'd do if my team moved away. That's just wrong.
Yep, and I now live just outside of Baltimore, so that's fun. It's been a long wait, but it looks like the Browns MIGHT finally be turning things around. We actually play the Ravens this weekend, it would be really nice to win that one...

PUSH

Original Poster
I'm thankful my team has had a long string of success. I've only witnessed one losing season since I started paying attention to the NFL (2008, Rodgers first year as starter). Then even before I started paying attention, there has only been one losing season I believe (2004).

EDIT- In my lifetime, I forgot to add.

PUSH

Original Poster
Yep, and I now live just outside of Baltimore, so that's fun. It's been a long wait, but it looks like the Browns MIGHT finally be turning things around. We actually play the Ravens this weekend, it would be really nice to win that one...
I think the Browns are a couple offensive players away from being a playoff contender. Get Gordon back, and maybe a better RB is Terrance West doesn't work out. And if Hoyer can continue to improve, it's a solid team.

OSUgirl77

I think the Browns are a couple offensive players away from being a playoff contender. Get Gordon back, and maybe a better RB is Terrance West doesn't work out. And if Hoyer can continue to improve, it's a solid team.
Agreed. West actually looks pretty good, as does Crowell. Why the Browns didn't take Sammy Watkins with their first pick in the draft, I have no idea (oh wait, because they're the Browns). Getting Gordon back, even 10 games in, will make a huge difference though. Need Jordan Cameron to stay healthy, too. I like Hoyer, he played well last year before he got hurt. I feel pretty good right now, but I've felt good before and it didn't work out. I'm cautiously optimistic. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom