NFL 2014 Discussion Thread

Ranch Dressing

Michael Sam cleared waivers but hasn't been picked up. I hearing one reason is he doesn't do special teams and that at his position, he has to in order to be a quality acquisition.

Michael Sam cleared waivers because he is not an NFL calibur player. He pumped up junk stats against players of his talent level who now are joining him on unemployment. The guy got his chance and then some, he can't play. NFL teams will put up with a lot of crap if someone is good.

Plus who wants the circus Sam would bring anyway.

seahawk7

Apparently Michael Sam will not make the Rams practice squad as Jeff Fisher has said they need practice help at other positions due to injury concerns.
Like I said before, he needs to be more versatile. Maybe be able to play at linebacker position and do special teams.

Last edited:

seahawk7

Seahawks have named 8 players to their practice squad. QB B. J. Daniels, TE R a Shaun Allen, RB Dimitrius Bronson, OT Nate Isles, WE Chris Matthews, DT Jimmy Staten, and Safeties Terrance Parks and Steve Terrell. WE Bryan Walters and his agent are looking around for a spot on a team's 53 roster.

jw24

Like I said before, he need's to be more versatile. Maybe be able to play at linebacker position and do special teams.

Supposedly Ethan Westbrooks, the other Rams rookie defensive end, was more versatile than Michael Sam so that may be why he was valued greater than Sam.

For Giants fans, Beckham could be out for at least three more weeks but Jon Beason practiced.

seahawk7

Seahawks have swapped WRs Phil Bates and Bryan Walters. So Bryan Walters is now on the 53 man roster. Seahawks have rounded out there practice squad with DE Julius Warmsley and DB Josh Aubrey.

OSUgirl77

I wonder if the Raiders are regretting paying what they paid for Matt Schaub.
Probably to an extent, but at least they only signed him for a year. It's also not a given that Carr will work out. I think he will, but preseason isn't even close to the regular season. If Carr begins to underperform, then at least they have Schaub as a backup...assuming he's healthy, that is.

PUSH

Original Poster
JJ Watt and the Texans have stuck a 6-year, $100 million contract extension. This makes him the highest paid defensive player in the league, I believe.

afar28

Wes Welker suspended 4 games for taking amphetamines...that came out of nowhere. No Decker and now no Welker for the first four games, he is Peyton Manning though.

afar28

image.jpg
image.jpg
He apparently used it at the Kentucky Derby, and this was him at it so I guess that part makes sense lol..

BransonJ

Well the cowboys signed Michael Sam to the practice squad. I still feel he should of been a 4th or 5th round pick. And the cowboys definitely need the help at the DE position. Plus jerry loves the attention. I'm hoping he can make the team within a few weeks and that he makes a huge impact on the defensive front. He won co SEC defensive player of the year for a reason.

PUSH

Original Poster
One day! I know this game is being hyped as a huge game, but I think it's being overplayed. Yes, it's a big game, but it's the first game of the season. It's not going to be the end of the world for whomever loses. But if the Packers win I know I'm going to be pumped. Partly because it's the season opener, and partly because it's going to confirm that the Packers can play with the toughest. Not that I didn't believe that before. I'm also excited to see how our revamped defense looks. I have high hopes for them this year with Julius Peppers at DE/OLB and Micah Hyde at safety. I'll also be eager to see how they use Ha Ha Clinton-Dix as the third safety. And then I'm also excited to see how Dom Capers uses this defense now that he has the players to execute the schemes he loves to run. It's also a plus that we're healthier at the start of the season than we have been in years. Should be a good game. No more speculation, now it's for real. The baloney stops now.

That last sentence was a Vic Ketchman (Packers writer) quote, except he doesn't say baloney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom