Next Resort???

mpeters

Original Poster
Well here I sit 13 days until we leave for the world and we are already thinking about next year's trip. We are staying at WL for the first time and I am pretty excited about it. The last couple of years we stayed at CBR and before that (when my sons were smaller) at the POLY.

We no longer stay at the POLY bc my sons are old enough to ride all buses with no problem and let's face it, the POLY is EXPENSIVE. Don't get me wrong, I would stay there in a heart beat if it were feasible. I like CBR as a mod resort. It is well themed, the pool is nice, the food court is good etc. but transportation is not so hot ( I understand it is the largest resort and buses need to go all around etc.).

We were lucky to get a great deal on WL this year but that's not going to happen every year. So now we are thinking where to stay next year. It's going to have to be a mod resort (unless something fantastic happens). I don't want to stay at CBR again (love the resort / not the transportation). We are tossing around CS and PO. My wife is not really interested in PO. It just doesn't appeal to her. We did stay at CS a while back before we had kids and although I had no complaints I do remember that it didn't wow me.

So my question is..............is CS a good option or PO? Please give all the details you can to help make this decision! TIA

DisneyPrincess5

I believe by CS you mean Coronado Springs and if so, Ill share my opinion with you happily! Disclaimer: I have not stayed at any other moderates so I cannot compare them. I've stayed at Off site hotels, All Star Music, Wilderness Lodge, Coronado Springs, Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin, and the Poly to give you some perspective on my opinion.

I've stayed at Coronado a few times, pre and post rehab. It is one of my favorite resorts and have always loved and enjoyed it. For some reason, it touches me in a way that makes me feel at home. I connect with the ambiance and environment. The lobby is beautiful and we have always had good meals there. Great background music and gift shop. The rooms are decently sized and very comfortable for my husband and I. The walkways are very quiet, relaxing, and beautiful from my experience. Awesome pool and easy parking if you have a car. It's a convention resort so there are fewer kids from what I understand and have experienced.

Happy choosing! It's a great resort.

Scott10

Coronado used to be our mod of choice, but as families grow, so do their preferences! We have since been hooked on Port Orleans Riverside as I mentioned in the Riverside thread! I really don't think you can go wrong with either one. I guess if you are looking for familiarity, then the Coronado would be your go to. If you are looking to mix it up a little, try Riverside. It has been our experience that while busing isn't bad at Riverside, it was not as crowded and seemed to run more frequently (unless this was just good luck) at Coronado. Pools are similar in the eyes of our kids, grounds are both beautiful in their own way, and walking is....well, you are at Disney! I would give a huge edge to Riverside in the category of quick service dining, so that may or may not be something for you to keep in mind as you plan!
PS --- Enjoy your stay at the Wilderness Lodge....my family has been fortunate enough to stay there one year and it was awesome!

aw14

In terms of mods, we have stayed at everything but Riverside. If we decide to go to a mod it is POFQ without question. The size, theme, and overall ease of movement in that hotel is great.

Funny enough, we leave Sunday for the Contemporary and are already planning a trip at Poly 11/15. Its addictive.

mammaminnie

I am a huge fan of the smaller size at POFQ! I like that even if you are in the farthest building, the walk to the bus stops is not long at all. Plus I like being able to take a boat ride to DTD or a nice stroll along the river to POR.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I have stayed at Coronado, Caribbean, and Riverside. Coronado was my favorite of all three. I loved the theming especially in the pool, and of the three I mentioned it seemed to have the best bus service. I like Riverside the least, but in reality I had a great time at all of them. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

75disney

I have stayed at all 4 moderates,with several stays at CBR and many stays at POR. We just discovered Coronado on our last trip and it quickly became our favorite mod. The grounds are beautiful, the food court is good, Maya Grill was delicious, the rooms are tastefully themed, the pool is great with lots of extra activities ( we played ping pong one morning), and the busses ran well. It is like staying at a deluxe without the deluxe price tag.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom