Next Piece of WDW History Pin

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
I screwed up on gettting the Haunted Mansion pin. Now they're on Ebay for $50 to $150. Ugh! The Skyway pin is great. This is what the whole collection should be about. Pieces of the great extinct rides. Im gonna be sure to get one of these.

beyondthepalace

Decent line at Downtown Disney Pin Traders this morning to purchase Mr. Toads Pin. Some waiting 3 hours in line. The huge buzz circled around the Pirates pin next month but nasty rumor that it might be delayed? :confused:

daguru

Is anyone else a little frustrated with this program this year?

I have pretty much given up on trying to get any of these pins...it has been impossible so far. I wonder why they switched the release dates to the beginning of the work week (Mon & Tues) instead of closer to the weekend (if not on the weekend). Since they started releasing them earlier in the work week, none have made it to the weekend. I just think the program has been shifted to suit only the real hardcore dealers, who like to make a profit on them by buy a bunch and selling on eBay.

Anyone else frustrated with this, or is it just me...?:confused:

I am with you on the early week release date. I asked at Epcot today how long before they sell the POH pins out; she said about three hours. Same response at Downtown Disney. I hope that when I get out of work Wednesday I might get one at MGM or Animal Kingdom. :veryconfu

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
I'm mad at myself because I slacked on getting the Haunted Mansion pin, I didn't realize it was going to be so big. My process now is ordering them a month in advance and the guy is there that first day. I did notice his price has gone up a bit but, if he has to deal with all that pin drama, it's no prob to pay it because I really want the pins. I'll be there in June for the IASW release. Any suggestions on where to go and what time to get there? Thanks!

Bravesfn1

DisneyGrl85 said:
I'm mad at myself because I slacked on getting the Haunted Mansion pin, I didn't realize it was going to be so big. My process now is ordering them a month in advance and the guy is there that first day. I did notice his price has gone up a bit but, if he has to deal with all that pin drama, it's no prob to pay it because I really want the pins. I'll be there in June for the IASW release. Any suggestions on where to go and what time to get there? Thanks!

Try going to Uptown Jewlers on Main Street in the MK. It would probably be best if you could get there before the rope drop. I am not sure if the stores are open on Main St. before then or not, but I know they sell the POH pins there because I bought mine there the last time I was at WDW.

MKCP 1985

Wow. People have gone nuts for these pins since the series started a year ago. I am not a big pin guy, but wanted the 20K pin after seeing how it was made and so forth, but I didn't get down until the pins had been on sale for a few days. I stopped by the pin store under the sorceror's hat and asked if they had any left and they had plenty.

If that pin came out for the first time now, I guess it would sell out in half a day, based on what you all are writing. That's too bad.

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
I wonder if it would be better to just buy the pins online like I have instead of going through the drama of running to the pin store that morning. What do you guys think?

BCNHF

I'm going to be selling my 20k leagues one soon (I can't resist the $300 it's going for) which is cool cause now i can afford a Xbox 360 :D

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
$300 for 20K Pin? OMG...I can't believe it. I was hoping when the collection started last year that it would be a lot of the extinct rides but every pin is cool.
After the Liberty Belle pin it's Alien Encounter!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom