Next-Gen queue testing at the Haunted Mansion

mickey2008.1

The only thing the qeue needs is to be more organized than a cattle herd once you leave the stretching room. such a mess and pushy people.

ms7479a

Got to experience this today and while I thought it was pretty neat, there were some problems with the system. Since we were there when the line wasn't too long and was moving at a good speed, we couldn't really stop and enjoy it because we would be blocking the people in line behind us. Also, it was somewhat difficult to hear the audio because of people talking in line around you. I think it is a really good idea, but it just needs to be put in a better place. I think adding more interactive elements to queues and rides is definitely something we will be seeing alot more of in the future.

imagineer boy

I know this is an early test but I am not really "getting" it at this point. Seems a bit too intrusive and obvious a setup for a ride that has lots of more subtle pieces of interest that keep my attention every time.

I don't want to be waiting in line for Jungle Cruise a few years from now and be forced to watch a huge LCD tv with The Jungle Book playing on it. If it is done correctly and works with the existing theming and story great, but just from looking at the pictures, (IMHO) that doesn't appear to be the case.

Agreed.

I'd like to see more queues like the Indy queue. Now that's a good example of a queue with fun yet subtle interactive elements. You have the spike room which you can activate, the well rope, the stepping stones, and the incredible themeing.

Oriolesmagic

Agreed.

I'd like to see more queues like the Indy queue. Now that's a good example of a queue with fun yet subtle interactive elements. You have the spike room which you can activate, the well rope, the stepping stones, and the incredible themeing.

I agree, the ROTM queue over at Universal is done nicely as well. I love how you can blow air on people in another room, gets them every time. :lol:

jeffk410

can someone explain to me how it works? I remember reading about the Rock N Rollercoaster, but then it dissapeared from my memory.

BrerFrog

Would Soarin' count as a Next-Gen. queue? Personally i think the interactive games work very well there. It helps that (from what i have seen) some one is turning the games on and off to control the line flow. I think it also helps that Soarin' takes a large group every couple minutes in stead of a continuously moving ride

I would consider it some sort of Next-Gen queue. I love those games, especially the bird racing one. :sohappy:

mickeysaver

I think that this looks like something potentially fun, but honestly, if I walked through there, I would say, "Hmm, that's different," then keep on walking. It is in no way big enough to be an attention getter. I can totally see this, after being tweeked appropriately, on a crowded day as being more of a hinderance than a help in regards to entertaining the masses while in line at HM. It looks like some sort of game that is going to require money to play, not something potentially cool to keep you busy for a couple of minutes. :shrug:

Heck, maybe I'm just too jaded to see the value in such a contraption. :hammer:

ttalovebug

Ehh, I don't like it. This is such an ADD world; everybody's got to be doing something at every moment. I guess I can understand it's purpose at Dumbo: that's mostly young children, and the lines can get ridiculously long. I know this is a test, but I just think this system is unecessary, and possibly confusing for stupid guests. I mean, so many have trouble just following the map. :brick:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Interesting but I agree...I like going to Disney to escape the ADD world of being constantly entertained with media 24/7...LOL I avoid a certain gas station that now sports tv's, albeit mostly ads, but still...can't one pump their gas in peace?!?!:ROFLOL:

DisneyMusician2

Ehh, I don't like it. This is such an ADD world; everybody's got to be doing something at every moment. I guess I can understand it's purpose at Dumbo: that's mostly young children, and the lines can get ridiculously long. I know this is a test, but I just think this system is unecessary, and possibly confusing for stupid guests. I mean, so many have trouble just following the map. :brick:

Probably, but all the parks are trying the give guests that Next Big Thing in theme park rides. With special effects what they are, some of these classic effects have lost their luster for the new guest.

I think I will withhold opinion until I see a queue that was actually designed with the system in mind.

Figment632

There are 2 possible ways that they are going to redo the HM queue. One is add the interactive elements to the exsiting queue and the other one is to tear up the graveyard and put it in there. Not sure on which they are going with yet. In any case these extra features are planned to be optional meaning you can bypass them.

What is wrong with the HM queue? If it is not broke don't fix it!!

raven

What is wrong with the HM queue? If it is not broke don't fix it!!

That's the plan for the NextGen, many of them are planned for other attractions as well. What you see now is only a test piece that's very basic. The actual ones that are going to be used will fit perfectly into the design and theme of the rest of the mansion and it's grounds. But it will be optional to go through. A regular line will still be headed straight for the door.

Figment632

That's the plan for the NextGen, many of them are planned for other attractions as well. What you see now is only a test piece that's very basic. The actual ones that are going to be used will fit perfectly into the design and theme of the rest of the mansion and it's grounds. But it will be optional to go through. A regular line will still be headed straight for the door.

I just don't see any point or advantage to it :shrug:

raven

I just don't see any point or advantage to it :shrug:

As crowds continue to grow at the worlds most popular vacation spot, Disney is coming up with things to keep people interested and immersed in a theme while they are waiting in never-ending long lines. HM is only one of many planned.

Figment632

As crowds continue to grow at the worlds most popular vacation spot, Disney is coming up with things to keep people interested and immersed in a theme while they are waiting in never-ending long lines. HM is only one of many planned.

But it is an Omnimover I think it will just cause confusion and slow down the lines even more like FP did for HM. I haven't noticed it getting anymore crowded of the last five years :shrug: Also if they are worried about crowds just build more attractions to add to capacity.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Well, if nothing else, it sounds like the new queues may give people something to do when the wait time is considerable.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom