Newly single, need advice

meekoman

Planning on a trip in October or November, but, will be going as a newly single guy. I've been to WDW over 35 times, but, I'm feeling kind of intimidated by going alone. I guess I could use some advice from folks who have gone as a single person for the first time.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I go single a lot. Just go and enjoy yourself. If you're up for it, let the WDWMagic crowd know when you're going and meet up with folks from here that are there or are visiting at the same time. I've met dozens of fellow Magicers and made some great friends over the years.

Disney has so much on offer it is perfect for almost anybody in any situation to go and have a good time at your own pace.

Upvote 0

JasonDeyoung

I go to WDW around once a month or two mostly alone. It really is not bad at all. You can do whatever you want whenever you want. Complete freedom. I always end up meeting people over the trip and have become friends with many cm's as well. The first day may seem weird but you forget about it pretty quick. Just go, have fun. You won't regret it at all. I've seen and done more alone than I ever did with others along lol

Upvote 0
I love going solo. I've gone with friends and I miss out on so many things I want to do. I usually make a list of must-do's for the trip, but other than that I try to play it by ear and see what I feel like doing each day.

I go so often I always have a suitcase partially packed. :oops:

My next trip is 5/3, then taking a break from Summer heat until I go back in Sept. and Oct.
October is an awesome time to go.

Upvote 0
I love going alone! I've gone on more trips by myself than going with other people. You can do what ever you want to do no 30 minute discussion on where to eat!! I love to take the time to just sit and people watch while enjoying a snack. Go ahead take a solo trip you will enjoy it!!

Upvote 0

CrazyDisneyLady

Planning on a trip in October or November, but, will be going as a newly single guy. I've been to WDW over 35 times, but, I'm feeling kind of intimidated by going alone. I guess I could use some advice from folks who have gone as a single person for the first time.
Solo trips are the best. You can do what ever you want when you want. At first eating at table services feel weird, just bring you phone and look like you are a food critic, they treat you like gold. Do a live trip report that is what I do. There are always people to talk to so you are never alone. Have fun and enjoy it, solo trips are amazing.

Upvote 0

SteveW

Count me in on loving solo trips.

How long were you thinking of going? To test the waters, maybe plan on taking a shorter trip? Are you comfortable dining alone? If not, do more QS meals. Since you've been there so many times, try things you haven't tried before. Done any of the tours? Given the time of year your planning to go, do either MNSSHP or MVMCP.

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

I'm single and have gone solo several times! I love it! I can do what I want when I want. I also do the family style ADR's like Teppan Edo or Biergarten so you are sitting with other people and can hold conversations with people other than yourself (lol) I talk to people on the buses, in line....at shows or wherever. Made tons of "friends" at the CLP.

Nobody judges. I do however get the occasional odd look when standing in line for pictures with the characters :D I don't care. I pay my money and go to have a blast just like everyone else and photos are part of the deal! :p

Upvote 0

Vegas Disney Fan

I also travel solo and try to go to Disneyland for a weekend every month, I love the freedom to do what I want when I want.

I took my first solo trip to WDW last December and LOVED it! I went for a whole week and thought I might get lonely but I was so busy the whole time I had a blast. I was also worried I might feel self conscious eating alone but I ate table service every night and was happy to get off my feet each night, the CM's were fantastic. A lot of the things I worried about became my favorite things, I was worried about the family seating at Biergarten but really enjoyed my table mates. I was worried about going to 50's prime time because they mess with you and didn't want to draw attention to myself but my "uncle" was amazing and kept me laughing the whole time, I was worried about LTT because it's family portions and I thought I'd look silly with a bunch of bowls on my table but they just brought me out a full plate and all I had to do was ask for seconds. All in all I loved the experience and all my worrying was for nothing.

I'll be back in DL next weekend and I'm hoping to take another solo trip to WDW in December, my only worry this time is do I go for a week again or go for 10 days.

Upvote 0

shuflemstr

I've had 4 solo trips with the last being last year when I was 36. I thought that being a single male that people would look at me different. I thought people would think that I was out stalking children or something which really bothered me until I got there. I never got that impression from anyone. The two things I don't like about going solo are not having anyone to talk to, I am not the kind of person that can just start a conversation with a stranger, and I don't like eating alone in restaurants. When I travel alone I always stay on the Club Level at Wilderness Lodge, at least then when I eat breakfast or dinner I can take it back to my room if I feel uncomfortable. For the record, I never felt uncomfortable eating at the tables on the club level. I was too afraid to try a restaurant... I hope you have a great trip

Upvote 0

Clamman73

When there on my own, I'm so busy from once I'm up, to getting back to the hotel after the Park closes. From taking time stopping by Poly before MK opens, taking pictures all the time, live trip reporting, park hopping, taking a tour, chilling out at one of the bars...I never feel weird being there on my own and it goes by fast.

Upvote 0

photoflight

Been there. Just go and enjoy it.

Upvote 0

meekoman

Original Poster
Count me in on loving solo trips.

How long were you thinking of going? To test the waters, maybe plan on taking a shorter trip? Are you comfortable dining alone? If not, do more QS meals. Since you've been there so many times, try things you haven't tried before. Done any of the tours? Given the time of year your planning to go, do either MNSSHP or MVMCP.
I had planned on going for 7 to 10 days. Have been to MNSSHP several times. Love the F&W Fest. Thinking about seeing when decorations go up for Xmas and go when those are up.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom