Newest ride, 7 Dwarfs Mine Train ride, does nothing but break down.

Respect the Walt.

Original Poster
Our family just got back from our latest visit with the mouse. First of all I really enjoyed what I call the 7D ride with the exception of how short it is. My son loved it. But our first day at Magic Kingdom it was down from around 10am till 3pm. Then on our return day we just got off of it to discover it broke down again. Thankfully it was after we rode it. But damn this is the newest ride. This isn't the flawed POTC. What the heck Disney. I am a fanatic and all but please you need to get these things right.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Our family just got back from our latest visit with the mouse. First of all I really enjoyed what I call the 7D ride with the exception of how short it is. My son loved it. But our first day at Magic Kingdom it was down from around 10am till 3pm. Then on our return day we just got off of it to discover it broke down again. Thankfully it was after we rode it. But damn this is the newest ride. This isn't the flawed POTC. What the heck Disney. I am a fanatic and all but please you need to get these things right.
We personally never had issues with it being down during our last trip. I have a question though was it raining at all during any of the down times or was it lightening etc? They will sometimes shut it down for rain and such. :)

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Now if only the standby wait time would dip below 60 minutes for once...

Also, with the frequency of breakdowns I've been hearing about from here, it's starting to sound a lot like TT in its early days. (And even nowadays!)

sxeensweet

Now if only the standby wait time would dip below 60 minutes for once...

Also, with the frequency of breakdowns I've been hearing about from here, it's starting to sound a lot like TT in its early days. (And even nowadays!)
I know that's not TT's only issues by any means, but that is another that closes usually if it's raining. :)

Last edited:

Otterhead

There's a big difference between 'breaking down' and 'being closed for safety reasons'. Disney is insanely paranoid about the safety of its rides, way more so than the average park. The slightest burble out of whack and they'll shut the whole thing down until it's perfect. Hell, Rock & Roller Coaster goes down if you burp in the wrong area.

sxeensweet

There's a big difference between 'breaking down' and 'being closed for safety reasons'. Disney is insanely paranoid about the safety of its rides, way more so than the average park. The slightest burble out of whack and they'll shut the whole thing down until it's perfect. Hell, Rock & Roller Coaster goes down if you burp in the wrong area.
^^^^ this :). I would personally rather it be closed and them check on something than the opposite. That's one thing I do, even though it can be annoying, love about Disney Parks as compared to others. :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom