Newbie staying off site - need help linking everything

Kim C

Original Poster
The last time I was at Disney World was five years ago and we stayed on site. This October, my family and my parents are going and we are staying offsite. I plan to buy park tickets through a discounted ticket seller that my employer offers. I am also thinking of purchasing magic bands in advance. If I do so, will I be able to link my park tickets, memory maker, and fast pass reservations all to my band and to my app? How does this work? I have downloaded the app but no one else in my party likely will. Am I able to manage everything for everyone in my party?

SAV

Yes, you will be able to link it all to the MB and App. You will be able to manage everything for everyone, but there are some steps they will all need to complete before you are able to do that. I don't know the details of how you will do that(and don't want to give you bogus information), but I know someone else will post the exact steps you will need to do for each person.

Rob562

The last time I was at Disney World was five years ago and we stayed on site. This October, my family and my parents are going and we are staying offsite. I plan to buy park tickets through a discounted ticket seller that my employer offers. I am also thinking of purchasing magic bands in advance. If I do so, will I be able to link my park tickets, memory maker, and fast pass reservations all to my band and to my app? How does this work? I have downloaded the app but no one else in my party likely will. Am I able to manage everything for everyone in my party?

If you're 100% sure you will be the only person in control of the plans and no one will want to do their own thing, you can easily set everyone up as a "managed by you" profile under your account.

First, create your own account on the My Disney Experience website or app. Then do "Add Guest" for each additional person in your group.

When you've bought tickets, you can link them to the appropriate people using the serial numbers on the ticket. After tickets are linked, you can make FastPasses for everyone at 30 days before each particular park day.

The ticket cards will work just fine for park entrance and FP+ check-in, but if you want to buy MagicBands, you can do that. Again, they link to each person's profile by entering the serial number on the Band in the MDE app or website.

-Rob

Kim C

Original Poster
Ok this is helpful! So I do have everyone as "managed by me" in the MDE app. I already made dining reservations that way.
So when I get the park tickets I just need to enter their serial numbers, then I can set fast passes for each ticket through the app 30 days out? And can I transfer and link all this info to the magic bands also via the app? And I can link the memory maker pass via the app too?
Does it matter what order I do this all in - it looks like I need to get the tickets next since I already have our profiles set up? Does it matter when I link the magic bands?

Rob562

Ok this is helpful! So I do have everyone as "managed by me" in the MDE app. I already made dining reservations that way.
So when I get the park tickets I just need to enter their serial numbers, then I can set fast passes for each ticket through the app 30 days out? And can I transfer and link all this info to the magic bands also via the app? And I can link the memory maker pass via the app too?
Does it matter what order I do this all in - it looks like I need to get the tickets next since I already have our profiles set up? Does it matter when I link the magic bands?

Order doesn't matter (apart from having to link tickets before making FP, of course). Nothing is actually stored on the Bands themselves. Everything is stored in your profile. The Bands simply "point" to your profile so the system can look up what it needs to in your profile.

That's why you can have multiple Bands for each person and then that person can use them interchangeably. Each one points back to your profile. I have 6 Bands currently. I bring them all with me and each morning I grab whichever goes best with what I'm wearing or the park I'm going to.

-Rob

Rob562

As a side note, if you're looking for a deal on specialty design MagicBands, it looks like all remaining Version 1.0 Bands are 50% off in the Shop Disney Parks app.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom