Newbie Q: Is FP+ worth it for less busy times?

Jill S

Original Poster
Advice please! My family is heading to the Magic Kingdom next weekend - Sept. 4-5, when the park is supposed to be pretty empty. (The crowd calendar is a 1 of 10 both days.) Since the lines shouldn't be too bad, is it worth messing with FP+? Our must-sees (like everyone else) are Space Mtn, Splash Mtn, the Dwarf coaster and the Elsa/Anna meet and greet. I have not bought tickets yet and I'd like to just wait till we arrive. The only argument I see for buying them ahead is to be able to do FP+.

belledream

I would. It doesn't cost you anything extra and will save you time at the ticket window.

Be aware that Night of Joy is at MK on the 5th and 6th. So there might be a little more influx of crowds than usual...

dreamfinder

There is no real reason not to buy them in advance unless you don't have debit/credit and want/need to pay wish cash. You can buy them online now and will call when you arrive. Especially to get 7DMT and A&E, you really want/need FP+. A&E is quite possibly going to have multiple hour waits, if stand by is even open. You could easily end up spending half your day (or more) just to do A&E & 7DMT. Although on such short notice you may be out of luck. I just checked on the 5th, and it shows A&E and 7DMT already out of FP+ for the day. So take that for what you will.

Jill S

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and bought, linked it to My Disney Experience, and.... found that Anna/Elsa and the Dwarves are all booked up those two days. So rephrasing the original question: how bad are stand-by lines on low-crowd days for attractions where FP+ is "sold" out?

Zortek

There really is no such thing as low-crowd at Disney world anymore, the difference between a 1 and 10 is going to be short 15-20 min waits for stand by on the less popular attractions, but Anna/Elsa and Dwarves are still going to be 1-3 hours for the majority of the day.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Look at it this way, if you book FP for the attractions you listed and then you find the stand by wait times at a minimum, then you get to ride it twice with little time wasted.

jaklgreen

Some rides are always busy like peter pan. If it is something you know you really want to do then make a fastpass for it. That way you are not stressing about it.

FrostyNaples

Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and bought, linked it to My Disney Experience, and.... found that Anna/Elsa and the Dwarves are all booked up those two days. So rephrasing the original question: how bad are stand-by lines on low-crowd days for attractions where FP+ is "sold" out?

You can keep trying. Keep logging back into MDE and trying for FP+.

Just because they don't show now, does not mean its a lost cause.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yes even on slower park days the popular rides/attractions easily have 1-2 hour waits in standby lines! Soaring for example which is ALWAYS popular when we went at a slower time(we always go at slower times Oct-Dec not on Holidays ever! Lol). was 85 min wait most of the day without a FP+. So it is very important to try to get a FP! If you can't get one be prepared to wait for long periods for certain attractions. Keep trying if it is showing things are booked up because that will change daily. :)

PigletIsMyCat

keep trying! i finally got the mine train after weeks of frustration. i found that if i log in on the mde app when i'm still in bed (6-7am, while i listen to the sounds of my cats annoying the heck out of dh) i'm able to snag a fp+. dh doesn't want me to get to meet elsa and anna, so i haven't booked that one. i also don't know if i want to be the only childless person on the line :/

ninjaprincesst

keep trying! i finally got the mine train after weeks of frustration. i found that if i log in on the mde app when i'm still in bed (6-7am, while i listen to the sounds of my cats annoying the heck out of dh) i'm able to snag a fp+. dh doesn't want me to get to meet elsa and anna, so i haven't booked that one. i also don't know if i want to be the only childless person on the line :/
Im sure there are plenty of childless people in line, my 15 year old will be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom